THP Bridgestone Indy invitational Pics & Recap

I thought we had something special Aaron. :alien: It was GREAT seeing you buddy. Cant wait to see you in a few weeks. Already checking where the closest D&B is to OC. Haha

One of my goals is to play a round of golf with you in 2014. It will happen, I promise you that.

Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Alight so I have had a bit of time to gather my thoughts and am going to throw a few of them down.

First off I have to say this event rejuvenated the game for me. I had touched a club maybe four-five times since the Hilton head invitational for various reasons and was really starting to question my joy for the game. The only thing that really kept me interested through that time period was coming to THP daily. After this event though I will be back to living and breathing golf because of that feeling this event gave me. The best thing about that is it wasnt even the golf that accomplished this but the company that was just an absolute ball to play with and be around.

Anyway on to the week. I came in a few days early to spend sometime with Bruce Rearick at The Fort. I have been working with Bruce for a good amount of time so figured it was a great time to spend a day with him. Him and the entire Fort staff were a joy to be around. I was privileged to chat with Bruce all day about all topics. I have always enjoyed hearing about his stories working for Arnold Palmer. His drive to make The Fort a great golf course was evident and after that day I knew we were in for a treat.

Friday came and started out with meeting the best roommate anyone could ask for Iceyshanks. Not only does he win every contest but he is just an amazing guy. After that we went over to Purgatory and I proceeded to get my butt handed to me on the golf course. What a blast though. Toad,Golf3rguy, Phil I had a blast and I apologize for all the balls into the rough ha. Great course would like to play it again now that I know where the actual fairways are going.

Friday dinner was a blast and man was the three little piggies amazing. I dont know what an egg burger tastes like but I find it hard to beat the Three little piggies burger.

Saturdays round was just an absolute blast as well with Icey and Rambler. The course was fantastic and the company was even better. I thought for a long time Icey and Rambler may pull it off they were playing great and I was excited to be able to witness it. I played about 1000000% better than Friday but I still could not get any putts to drop (story of the weekend)

Saturday night was one of the best nights I have had in a long long time. As a few of you know I worked at a D&B for a few years while I was in college and even met my wife while we were both working there so it is always fun to go back to one and mess around a bit. Four way air hockey was amazing and I am truly surprised that we did not have anymore serious injuries. MikeDean I want a rematch in basketball, Icey I want another Nascar race you guys are going down. I learned that even though it has been years I still remember how to play some of the games. However when talking to my wife she was giving me grief for only hitting the jackpot three times.

Sunday rolled around and I was sad to see Icey leave but excited to hit the course one last time for the weekend. The round was great and I really enjoyed the course Adam it was great riding with you and you really got into a groove o the back there, Bhillin you were a blast to play with you hit some great golf shots and some out of the high grass that were just outstanding. Shane great match with you it was great playing someone that was hitting wedges as well as I was :banghead:.

Thank You to everyone at THP that had a hand in setting this event up it was truly amazing. Also thank you to all the participants and helping me get my love of the game back.

Quick shout out to Robman7. My calves feel great after having to push the cart back to the cart path yesterday. Someone forgot to tell Rob you cant drive on "green complexes" at Prairie View and the cart turned off and we had to push it back. Haha

Sunday rolled around and I was sad to see Icey leave but excited to hit the course one last time for the weekend. The round was great and I really enjoyed the course Adam it was great riding with you and you really got into a groove o the back there, Bhillin you were a blast to play with you hit some great golf shots and some out of the high grass that were just outstanding. Shane great match with you it was great playing someone that was hitting wedges as well as I was :banghead:.

Thank You to everyone at THP that had a hand in setting this event up it was truly amazing. Also thank you to all the participants and helping me get my love of the game back.

Sunday was an absolute blast. I can't wait to do it again. I'm with you on rejuvenating my love for the game. I can't wait to get back to the practice area and and do some work before the next time I can tee it up.

Alight so I have had a bit of time to gather my thoughts and am going to throw a few of them down.

First off I have to say this event rejuvenated the game for me. I had touched a club maybe four-five times since the Hilton head invitational for various reasons and was really starting to question my joy for the game. The only thing that really kept me interested through that time period was coming to THP daily. After this event though I will be back to living and breathing golf because of that feeling this event gave me. The best thing about that is it wasnt even the golf that accomplished this but the company that was just an absolute ball to play with and be around.

Anyway on to the week. I came in a few days early to spend sometime with Bruce Rearick at The Fort. I have been working with Bruce for a good amount of time so figured it was a great time to spend a day with him. Him and the entire Fort staff were a joy to be around. I was privileged to chat with Bruce all day about all topics. I have always enjoyed hearing about his stories working for Arnold Palmer. His drive to make The Fort a great golf course was evident and after that day I knew we were in for a treat.

Friday came and started out with meeting the best roommate anyone could ask for Iceyshanks. Not only does he win every contest but he is just an amazing guy. After that we went over to Purgatory and I proceeded to get my butt handed to me on the golf course. What a blast though. Toad,Golf3rguy, Phil I had a blast and I apologize for all the balls into the rough ha. Great course would like to play it again now that I know where the actual fairways are going.

Friday dinner was a blast and man was the three little piggies amazing. I dont know what an egg burger tastes like but I find it hard to beat the Three little piggies burger.

Saturdays round was just an absolute blast as well with Icey and Rambler. The course was fantastic and the company was even better. I thought for a long time Icey and Rambler may pull it off they were playing great and I was excited to be able to witness it. I played about 1000000% better than Friday but I still could not get any putts to drop (story of the weekend)

Saturday night was one of the best nights I have had in a long long time. As a few of you know I worked at a D&B for a few years while I was in college and even met my wife while we were both working there so it is always fun to go back to one and mess around a bit. Four way air hockey was amazing and I am truly surprised that we did not have anymore serious injuries. MikeDean I want a rematch in basketball, Icey I want another Nascar race you guys are going down. I learned that even though it has been years I still remember how to play some of the games. However when talking to my wife she was giving me grief for only hitting the jackpot three times.

Took me to Sunday to remember your actual name. I just kept calling you LightningBolt. Haha It was great meeting you Ron and hope we can tee it up sometime soon.

Quick shout out to Robman7. My calves feel great after having to push the cart back to the cart path yesterday. Someone forgot to tell Rob you cant drive on "green complexes" at Prairie View and the cart turned off and we had to push it back. Haha

You can't drive on green complexes? What the hell kinda course was that

Congrats Mike & Derek, sounds like another excellent THP event was had

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

First of all a HUGE thank you to Bridgestone Golf, The Fort golf course, Purgatory Golf Course, Prairie View Golf Course, Mike dean, JB, and Morgan
for the great time had by all this weekend, I continue to be amazed by how well and organized everything falls into place.

I will write a recap and post seperate random thoughts in my post:

RECAP:
My week started off and continued to be incredibly busy, and the Michigan guys who were coming with me in my minivan had a good group text message going all week, I had to listen to these guys saying they were playing league golf, hitting up the range, and playing practice rounds.
I got to mow my grass and unfun stuff!
However, Thursday night finally came, and wouldn't you know it I was unprepared and unpacked. I had to get up Friday morning at 2:30 AM to pick up Adam Hartzell and the boys at 5:00 as we wanted to get to the Purgatory course in time for lunch and range balls. I finally got to bed after packing and doing laundry at around 12:30 AM.
I MUST have been pretty exited about this trip because I was awake by 2:23!

I picked up Adam first, and after a quick stop by Starbucks for Adam's coffee and a OJ for me we proceeded to Eric's (golf3rguy) a quick joke about his stuff not fitting we were on our way to Tyler's to make our last pickup before heading to Indy!
All loaded up we punch the address to Purgatory and to our surprise the GPS said we were due for a 9:53 arrival!!!

After an uneventful trip down filled with conversations about what the weekend would be we found ourselves at the Ohio border which be Boo'd!
Yes we found the rumored slow drivers, we found the drivers that tailgate,and even the ones who hang out in your blind spot. Part of #Ohiotopia???

We arrived to the course and met Shawn (Sean?) in the clubhouse and THP'ers began finding their way to the course even PhillyV. We all sat down to a quick lunch and everyone ordered, then the waitress seemed to have an issue with me, and started giving me a hard time, I finally got my order in and enjoyed my brat.
Out on the range I met some old friend and some of my new ones too! Soon we found ourselves on the first tee and started our rounds, In my group was Jugger (Andrew), RickyBobby (GregDan aka. Dan) and IceyShanks (Kyle), and what a great group of guys to play with! Andrew really can make a golf ball fly! same with Dan these guys' tee games are impressive, Kyle while not AS long finds his way around the course pretty impressively!
Me?, well lets just say I play courses from places a lot of people dont play from! But I had a great time and at the turn we invited KC720 (Kang in case you never heard of him) and the most famous of the Dean brothers Rob (Robman7) into our group, and let me say Kang and his BigBertha just might be a force in the MC the way he bombs that thing!! TPluff showed up around 14 for some course tips and tricks, and was helpful. Soon, our round was finished and we checked in to the hotel before heading to dinner.

Dinner was at Cheeseburger in Paradise and was a great time,many pounds of hamburgers got devoured, and a big thanks to Josh who got beer towers for us to enjoy. The food was great,but the company was better! I was sitting minding my own business when I hear James saying "This has CJ written all over it" I look a couple tables over, to see fingers pointed in my direction and people laughing. I head over to find out what everyone was talking about and apparently the waitress knew GregDan (weird) she knew his name and insisted she knew him which apparently left him pretty perplexed... ( I MIGHT have been a part of this,I don't really remember). After dinner wrapped up, Adam and I dropped Tyler and Eric off at the and we swung through Wendy's for some quick frosties.
When Tyler and Eric returned to the room, Rob Dean swung by with Kang and we looked for PhillyV. Phil?...Philly?...PhillyV?... but apparently he wasn't there because Andrew (coors) even showed us what room he was in, we knocked (Rob even Farted on his door handle) but he never answered his door.

Then, an Idea struck... PUTTING CONTEST!
Hilton Hallway, 3rd floor! Lets do this! We putted for a bit figuring the break a lot of misses, then Tyler drains about a 35 footer. (Coors gave it to him I think)
WE MUST GO LONGER!
Exit to Exit End to End idea was born! After a few attempts I actually rolled one from end to end missing by about 2 foot.
Soon we turned in for the night so we would be well rested for Saturday's round.

We woke up headed over to IHOP for a quick breakfast before heading over to the course early (For my Grey Bridgestone hat), We made it, and unpacked our clubs when Tyler notices I left my putter in the room! I had to go back and get it.
After some warming up, we were ready to tee off, and watch PhillyV almost pee his pants he was so nervous, but he focused and Piped one right down the fairway!
In my group was David Winchell, Zenger(Zach), and Cheffor(Phil) who were all super nice and I had a great time! Dave and I know each other and kept the atmosphere light ion the cart, I must say I really enjoyed playing his drives all day! He BOMBS the ball! (Well... except for the first one that found that far bunker). We played OK, But Zach, and Phil were playing some solid golf and it wasn't too long we knew that if anything we would be playing for second place... Phil was playing what he called out of his mind golf, I am sure if that was out of his mind, his handicap will soon be plummeting! Solid round! and Zach is just Mr.Steady! Dave's swing is just amazing, and while he (and Siri) will tell you he didn't play well, he made plenty of great shots all day! I had a great time!

Dinner was pretty great, many great conversations, laughs, and weird pictures on the wall (Nuns in bumper cars? Really?)
But the real fun was had at the D&B and the 4 man air hockey table. I survived unscathed and allegedly dished out some damage.
I however played the win at all cost, (I think I severed MikeDeans pinkie finger) and went undefeated for 2 rounds!!!

I even won a bunch of tickets on some game where you drop coins and got my IceyShanks starter kit, I wish everyone could have seen GregDan when I named the glassed the starter kit, He was laughing so hard!
After D&B's we went back to the hotel and hung out and tried putting end to end again! Lightningbolt (Ron) Thumped a putt directly into the door frame of a room and everyone went running!!!!! The vision of Mike Running through the hallway to duck into our room in a desperate attempt to remain anonymous to the shenanigans was a funny vision for me.
We chatted for awhile and turned in for the night to get ready for another great day of golf.

Next up was prairie view, and it was amazing as well! I was paired with Toad (Sean), Jman, and Kang and had a great time! I didn't play well, but I had a blast! Jman with that butter cut is money! Kang just booms the Bertha and is always smiling! My cart mate Toad (Our ClubCar review will be out) 2 bigger guys at the event in one cart? but I tell you Sean is an absolute blast! what a great guy! and he might have found a new ball???

we wrapped up and said goodbyes after chatting it up around the 18th green as only THP'ers can do!
What a wonderful weekend filled with awesomeness all around on all levels!

To those who this was their first event, I hope you had a blast and we see you again very soon!

Random Thoughts: (More later more than likely)
1. Waitress' must have a problem with me
2. Beer towers are better with Beer glasses
3. Nothing like a THP event
4. Golf3rguy is really quiet but incredibly cool and funny!
5. Listening to joe dirt fireworks scene on the wayt home... priceless
6. A 300' putt is not easy even on 14 stimp carpet
7. I might get a little too fired up at 4 man air hockey
8. MikeDean bleeds (see #7)
9. Where the hell is PhillyV?
10. Where the hell is O'Carroll?
11. Tyler never returned the footstools
12. I need to improve
13. Everyone is awesome, THP events sure can lift spirits!

1st edition, I'll get a video shot tonight!

Friday Purgatory:
Friday was an amazing round at a great course, CJ was CJ, and that is a very good thing, it was so much fun to share a cart with him again, I know we didn't get it done against GregDan and Jugger, but the round was so much fun. And the back nine 3 way six-some was some of the most fun I've had on a course in a while, we even had a bit of a gallery with Tyler joining us for the last few holes! It was a pleasure to get to play with Kang and Rob on the back nine as well.

Lunch was an adventure in timing, hoping we wouldn't all be late for our tee times, after our second warm up, the first range session was just the appetizer! And watching CJ go back and forth with the waitress is always entertaining to say the least.

Friday Cheeseburger in Paradise:
It's always so much fun to share in some food and of course drink with old and new fellow THPers, it was great to catch up with those I had met before, but also fun to meet the new ones. Dinner was great and the towers were awfully tasty and fun to look at! I was sad we missed out on the putting exhibition, but the sleep was needed.

Saturday The Fort:
What a great venue for this event, the course was in great shape and so many picturesque holes. The range is quite massive, I'm sure the course needs that with outside events.

Rambler was a great partner, we had fun, but competed well together, I felt like we really had it clicking, we just couldn't get the birdie and par putts to drop at the right times. Walked away feeling like we gave it our best effort, congrats to MikeDean and DHartman! The formats were a ton of fun, it was crazy to see how fast you can play with doing alt shot.

To our third, Ron, my roommate, what a pleasure to be able to share a round with you, and what a noble gesture to fall on your sword and give up your partner. You rock man, so happy we got to spend time together and share a room. Thanks again for that.

Saturday Night Dinner:
Such a sweet venue and good food, that was the most eclectic decorating I had ever seen, maybe a bit disturbing photos in the bathroom, but the staff was nice and the location couldn't be beat.

Saturday Night After Hours:
This might have been the highlight of the weekend for me, Dave and Busters has been on my wishlist for quite some time so I was so happy to get to finally experience one. And with THP none the less! So many crazy games to play, and so much competition, you can tell we all like to compete! Between the 4 way air hockey, basketball, racing and some trivia game I was just guessing on! It couldn't have been more fun. Big thanks to my roomie Ron for knowing the best way to get the most tickets! I think he's the rainman of D&B!!!

Overall:
I had been craving a THP event since last year's MC and the wait was well worth it, the event was so good from the courses, to the venues, to the food, to the hotel and of course the company. You just can't beat spending time with THPers, whether it's on or off the course, swapping stories and chatting is just so much fun, while I was driving home I could tell I was still grinning from the experience and the fun. All I know is I'll be changing my schedule as much as possible to squeeze in events from now on, I'm bitter that my work get's in the way sometimes, but now I've got some strategies to try and work around my scheduling conflicts!

If you've ever wondered about attending a THP event, do yourself a favor and bite the bullet and do it, you won't regret any second of the amazing experience. To Josh and Morgan, thanks again for creating such an amazing place for us to be, to the Party Planner of all Party Planners Mike, well done buddy, this was one amazing weekend. To all my fellow THP brethren I got to meet this weekend, thank you for making it so special.

1st edition, I'll get a video shot tonight!

Friday Purgatory:
Friday was an amazing round at a great course, CJ was CJ, and that is a very good thing, it was so much fun to share a cart with him again, I know we didn't get it done against GregDan and Jugger, but the round was so much fun. And the back nine 3 way six-some was some of the most fun I've had on a course in a while, we even had a bit of a gallery with Tyler joining us for the last few holes! It was a pleasure to get to play with Kang and Rob on the back nine as well.

Lunch was an adventure in timing, hoping we wouldn't all be late for our tee times, after our second warm up, the first range session was just the appetizer! And watching CJ go back and forth with the waitress is always entertaining to say the least.

Friday Cheeseburger in Paradise:
It's always so much fun to share in some food and of course drink with old and new fellow THPers, it was great to catch up with those I had met before, but also fun to meet the new ones. Dinner was great and the towers were awfully tasty and fun to look at! I was sad we missed out on the putting exhibition, but the sleep was needed.

Saturday The Fort:
What a great venue for this event, the course was in great shape and so many picturesque holes. The range is quite massive, I'm sure the course needs that with outside events.

Rambler was a great partner, we had fun, but competed well together, I felt like we really had it clicking, we just couldn't get the birdie and par putts to drop at the right times. Walked away feeling like we gave it our best effort, congrats to MikeDean and DHartman! The formats were a ton of fun, it was crazy to see how fast you can play with doing alt shot.

To our third, Ron, my roommate, what a pleasure to be able to share a round with you, and what a noble gesture to fall on your sword and give up your partner. You rock man, so happy we got to spend time together and share a room. Thanks again for that.

Saturday Night Dinner:
Such a sweet venue and good food, that was the most eclectic decorating I had ever seen, maybe a bit disturbing photos in the bathroom, but the staff was nice and the location couldn't be beat.

This might have been the highlight of the weekend for me, Dave and Busters has been on my wishlist for quite some time so I was so happy to get to finally experience one. And with THP none the less! So many crazy games to play, and so much competition, you can tell we all like to compete! Between the 4 way air hockey, basketball, racing and some trivia game I was just guessing on! It couldn't have been more fun. Big thanks to my roomie Ron for knowing the best way to get the most tickets! I think he's the rainman of D&B!!!

Overall:
I had been craving a THP event since last year's MC and the wait was well worth it, the event was so good from the courses, to the venues, to the food, to the hotel and of course the company. You just can't beat spending time with THPers, whether it's on or off the course, swapping stories and chatting is just so much fun, while I was driving home I could tell I was still grinning from the experience and the fun. All I know is I'll be changing my schedule as much as possible to squeeze in events from now on, I'm bitter that my work get's in the way sometimes, but now I've got some strategies to try and work around my scheduling conflicts!

If you've ever wondered about attending a THP event, do yourself a favor and bite the bullet and do it, you won't regret any second of the amazing experience. To Josh and Morgan, thanks again for creating such an amazing place for us to be, to the Party Planner of all Party Planners Mike, well done buddy, this was one amazing weekend. To all my fellow THP brethren I got to meet this weekend, thank you for making it so special.

I almost cried yesterday when they said you werent coming to the round. I didnt even get to say goodbye. I was really looking forward to meeting you and you lived up to the hype my man. I would consider moving to Nebraska just so we could be friends. Haha

After hearing about the air hockey game, there is no-doubt in my mind the MikeDean was in this commercial when he was younger

[video=youtube;rCwn1NTK-50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50[/video]

Kristen took this and sent it to me from D&B on Saturday night...

The Iceyshanks starter kit was offered as a prize in the store there at D&B. GregDan and CJ picked one up...

I'm still laughing out loud when I see these!
I almost cried yesterday when they said you werent coming to the round. I didnt even get to say goodbye. I was really looking forward to meeting you and you lived up to the hype my man. I would consider moving to Nebraska just so we could be friends. Haha
I miss you already buddy, I was sad I missed that round as well. I was excited to meet you as well man, it was a pleasure. There are a couple houses for sale in the neighborhood, I'll welcome you in with open arms. Or just come for a visit some time, my casa es su casa. (That goes for anyone else, my wife said, shoot if someone wants to come to Nebraska, I'll gladly put them up in the house and feed them!)

yes I had that game too, but it was nowhere near as violent as this air hockey. Heck the puck had to be retried a few times from over 25 feet away from the table

yes I had that game too, but it was nowhere near as violent as this air hockey. Heck the puck had to be retried a few times from over 25 feet away from the table

25 feet away? That's #internetairhockey long

25 feet away? That's #internetairhockey long

This is verified and you can't put it on the internet if it isn't true. :)

A poor woman playing another game was hit with a puck about 25-30 feet away. Actually a few people just walking by were hit.

This is verified and you can't put it on the internet if it isn't true. :)

A poor woman playing another game was hit with a puck about 25-30 feet away. Actually a few people just walking by were hit.

There was a woman standing there holding a child and I literally had to go stand in front of her so the kid didnt get any friendly fire. I took one in the shoulder.

I miss you already buddy, I was sad I missed that round as well. I was excited to meet you as well man, it was a pleasure. There are a couple houses for sale in the neighborhood, I'll welcome you in with open arms. Or just come for a visit some time, my casa es su casa. (That goes for anyone else, my wife said, shoot if someone wants to come to Nebraska, I'll gladly put them up in the house and feed them!)

I like this idea a lot. More people should come visit us Husker hackers.

Kyle: NASCAR?
Pete: Last Call?! DAFUQ....?

It was awesome meeting you.

I will have more stories but I am sitting here laughing at this one so I will post it. Sitting at the airport restaurant last night, O'Carroll is ordering his egg burger and the waitress asks what side he wants "French fries, onion rings, fresh fruit.." With a straight face Pete says "I will have the fresh...fries" Dude is one of the funniest guys I know. Cant wait to drive to the MC with him and DDec. Going to be alot of laughs had.

Kyle: NASCAR?
Pete: Last Call?! DAFUQ....?

It was awesome meeting you.

That was so funny. You and Shane looked like you had seen a ghost!

Those were some fantastic photos there to start off Morgan! Not surprised that another great time occurred in a US city with THP'ers in it! These recaps are getting me pumped for SeeMore!

1. The look on Rob Dean and my face as we stopped at a stop sign in the middle of the projects had to be precious

I direct your attention to the 3:00 mark, then it takes about 20 seconds to get the full effect.

~Rock

Back