Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. Apple isn't stupid and they see what is going on in the market. Their sales are reflecting stagnating adoption in the premium sector with the iPhone. They have the loyal users who keep upgrading. They need to start pulling Android users back into the ecosystem. If there aren't drastic changes I would be highly shocked, since Johnny Ive has had a full year now to put his touch on a UI.

Honestly...I hope you're right.

Trying to decide whether to go the S4 or S5 route. $150 more for the S5 and it doesn't seem to be a huge upgrade over the 4.

Imo I would just get the s4. There isn't that much of a difference between them besides a couple of little things. My s4 has been awesome and I've had no problems with it going on a little over a year now. Definitely get a case whatever you get lol

When I bought the s4 I was tempted to get the s3 since the differences weren't that big, but ended up realizing that I only buy phones every 2-3 years, so it makes sense to splurge for the newest if it keeps you happier longer. If I had an s3 I think I might be feeling the itch for an s5, but I am still perfectly happy with my s4.

When I bought the s4 I was tempted to get the s3 since the differences weren't that big, but ended up realizing that I only buy phones every 2-3 years, so it makes sense to splurge for the newest if it keeps you happier longer. If I had an s3 I think I might be feeling the itch for an s5, but I am still perfectly happy with my s4.

That is actually a good point because I'm guilty of doing the same thing haha guess it depends if you want to spend the extra money.

i somewhat agree...but i feel like the S3 was more like "Easy Mode" on the S4. it just does not seem as slick.
however, with the S4 vs. S5....i feel like you'd have to look pretty hard to find a good reason to upgrade.
it does come down to money tho, and if you want to spend it.

either way you look at it...a newer/better/faster/stronger phone will come out shortly after you buy yours.

i somewhat agree...but i feel like the S3 was more like "Easy Mode" on the S4. it just does not seem as slick.
however, with the S4 vs. S5....i feel like you'd have to look pretty hard to find a good reason to upgrade.
it does come down to money tho, and if you want to spend it.

either way you look at it...a newer/better/faster/stronger phone will come out shortly after you buy yours.

edit - it comes down to money, if you want to spend it....as well as....
useful software features and beneficial hardware upgrades. that's where your money will be well spent.

With the Apple buyout of Beats confirmed, this is officially my favorite piece of content about it.

7lycVhL.png

Just found out I have an upgrade available through AT&T for my iPad data line I can use to get a new phone for my primary line.

Hmmm, LG G3 looks really tempting. Unless I see something awesome on Monday from Apple I may have to turn in my Fruit Badge.

Does anyone use a Belkin Screencast av4 or similar product?

I'm wanting to store all of my av equipment in a closet and clean up the look of my living room. I have a linen closet I could put it in that backs up to my living room and run hard wire through the wall, but by the time I install an outlet and coaxial in the closet, plus pay for an ir relay and 3 20 ft hdmi cables to run to the TV, my savings over going the screencast route would be minimal.

Any experiences?

From Macrumors:

Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) kicks off today at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco, with the event headlined by the traditional keynote address beginning at 10:00 AM Pacific Time / 1:00 PM Eastern Time. At the keynote, Apple is expected to provide the first official look at OS X 10.10 and iOS 8, discuss initiatives in home automation, health, and iBeacon technology, and perhaps make additional announcements.

I hope Apple has some exciting news today.

From Macrumors:

Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) kicks off today at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco, with the event headlined by the traditional keynote address beginning at 10:00 AM Pacific Time / 1:00 PM Eastern Time. At the keynote, Apple is expected to provide the first official look at OS X 10.10 and iOS 8, discuss initiatives in home automation, health, and iBeacon technology, and perhaps make additional announcements.

I hope Apple has some exciting news today.

Looking forward to hearing more about iOS 8.

so Apple invented the swipe keyboard....

f1401734021.jpg

Last edited:
The claim that this is the best pipeline of products that they have had in 25 years is crazy bold. That time frame includes iphone, iPad and ipod.

There was zero new hardware announced today. They better hurry.

The rendering in the presentation doesn't look like the current iphone.....

That is farily normal for WWDC however.
Watched a lot on this today and most spoke about refresh on TV product, wearable product and new phone all expected this year. Along with smart home implications. Stll not seeing this "best in 25 years", but time will tell.

Well I'm looking forward to the quick reply feature and the fact developers may have a little more freedom (ie: touch ID) but other than that...

Looks like split screen on iPad is not happening or it was delayed per earlier reports.

I am looking forward to Yosemite though.

Really pondering going back to android. iPhone battery sucks now and iMessage only works half the since upgrade and can not sync ring tones from iTunes

Really pondering going back to android. iPhone battery sucks now and iMessage only works half the since upgrade and can not sync ring tones from iTunes

Why can't you sync your ringtones?

Also, so excited to finally get my freakin quick reply. Only asked for it since iOS 3 lol.

Family share will be a nice feature as well and I the icloud drive is great for someone like me who currently has stuff scattered around Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and Photobucket.

Oh happy day.

Why can't you sync your ringtones?

Also, so excited to finally get my freakin quick reply. Only asked for it since iOS 3 lol.

Family share will be a nice feature as well and I the icloud drive is great for someone like me who currently has stuff scattered around Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and Photobucket.

Oh happy day.

I have no idea why it will not sync

I have no idea why it will not sync

It syncs the same as syncing music. Just go to the tab and check sync ringtones. It should allow you then to highlight the tones you want on the phone. Them just click sync.

Were these tones you bought through iTunes or acquired through other means? If not from iTunes, it's possible you don't have them in the correct format.

Have to admit, Handoff for OS X and IOS 8 is making me hold firm on switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back