THP Bridgestone Indy invitational Pics & Recap

A few quick thoughts while I take a break from paperwork:

1) We know how awesome Kang is on line, well guess what, he is even a better person in person (nice English from me there)
2) Do not walk through the Wendys drive through at midnight with 411, Pete and Alec, you will get a baconator and a frosty and wish you were dead
3) 4 way Air hockey is a contact sport
4) Chessesburger in Paradise is new favorite place, stupid good burgers
5) THP outings are still "Delta Bravo" free :)

Much more to come later.....

Who the heck is 411?

Great English and the absolute truth.

I'm trying to convince my boss to let me visit my one employee in Branson so you and I can tee it up again Shane.

That would be awesome my friend, i hope some THP'ers get down this way this summer, I will do my best to make sure anyone who visits the ozarks has a good time

It took me a second, but I LOVE this! And agree 100%...except for that O'Carroll dude. Kept mumbling about eggs.

I figured it was better to speak in code lol

4. Every time I play with Bullfrog I leave the round pondering a SeeMore.

Dude you sank the 6 footer the one time you rolled my m6cs! You rolled it nice buddy! #InYourFuture

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Last edited:
For my very first THP event, the only thing is can say, is that this was one of the most fun weekends of my life!

Huge thanks to JB, Mike Dean, and everyone that was involved to make it such a great event. To the guys I played with (Adam H, Darren K, ParShooter, GregDan, fellow Cardinals fan TGTT, kc720, dhartmann, rambler), I had such a blast playing with all!

The courses were awesome (except hole 13 at Purgatory and holes 6-18 at Prarie View :beat-up:). And Kang, I could not have asked for a better partner and cart mate for my first official event.
The whole weekend was just so much fun. The golf was great, but above that, was meeting THP'ers for the first time. You guys are all such awesome people. I certainly hope and will try to get in more events, this weekend was too good not to do it again!

For my very first THP event, the only thing is can say, is that this was one of the most fun weekends of my life!

Huge thanks to JB, Mike Dean, and everyone that was involved to make it such a great event. To the guys I played with (Adam H, Darren K, ParShooter, GregDan, fellow Cardinals fan TGTT, kc720, dhartmann, rambler), I had such a blast playing with all!

The courses were awesome (except hole 13 at Purgatory and holes 6-18 at Prarie View :beat-up:). And Kang, I could not have asked for a better partner and cart mate for my first official event.
The whole weekend was just so much fun. The golf was great, but above that, was meeting THP'ers for the first time. You guys are all such awesome people. I certainly hope and will try to get in more events, this weekend was too good not to do it again!

It was great meeting you, xSlacks. Hope to see you at a future event!

It was great meeting you, xSlacks. Hope to see you at a future event!

the one day i wear shorts, is the one day i play the worst! Coincidence? I think not!

#Pants

Dude you sank the 6 footer the one time you rolled my m6cs! You rolled it nice buddy! #InYourFuture

I know. And it wasn't an easy putt. I think it seriously may be time to get my hands on one.

I know. And it wasn't an easy putt. I think it seriously may be time to get my hands on one.

FWIW, I thought that putt was pretty straight. :alien:

Official Recap time:
1) When you ask Mike Dean what time your Friday tee time is and he says 1:36, subtract 16 minutes off. GregDan had to pick me up in the parking lot and take me straight to the tee. 6hr drive, no warmup = one ugly tee shot.
2) Purgatory. Great layout, could use a bit more maintanance. Icey was very interested in the ant hills on the greens! Had a blast playing with Icey, CJ, and GregDan. I played a decent front 9 and fell apart on the back except for #17 because it's all about the money!
3) Nothing like walking into Cheeseburger in Paradise and immediately being greeted by a "Hi, I'm Ricky" I had a smile on my face the whole night. Rambler, thank you for offering up a bed for a few drinks. We shall play Bergamont soon.
4) The Fort. I was partnered with Greggdrew. We both struggled a bit on the front 9 but tore up the back with a 38 that should have been better (if not for me). I was super nervous on the first tee again (luckily no driveway running along the right side of the fairway like in Chicago). Amazing I ripped a driver center cut to give JB a false glimmer of hope. It was an awesome day that led to a even "awesomer" sunburn on my neck.
5) If I have to go to Indy, I might as well go with a group of #internetgolfers that are now all #OutingApproved in my book

Heck it may have been longer than 6'! You need a SeeMore!!!

Heck it may have been longer than 6'! You need a PROPERLY FIT SeeMore!!!

Last edited:
Kang going for the dual hat look with Rickey saying hi to everyone back home.
yguny9en.jpg

Did you make it home or are you still waiting for your breakfast at McDonald's?

What a mess!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I had no idea you were a Cardinals fan! I'm about an hour away from St Louis, and grew up on the redbirds.

I just unpacked and am about to pass out from the long weekend and drive back down to Georgia. I will recap and catch up on those before me later. I miss you all. :brohugs:

I had no idea you were a Cardinals fan! I'm about an hour away from St Louis, and grew up on the redbirds.

Haha. Louisville cardinals. (And Cincinnati Reds, so St Louis is evil!)

This will probably be long and long winded, but for my first THP event it was a truly amazing one.

JB, Morgan, and Mike Dean. A HUGE thank you for putting all of this together. I'm sure it was no small feat to organize 40 internet golfers, courses, hotels, and restaurants. All of the decisions that were made were all great ones.

Friday

The morning started no earlier than normal when Michigan Slice picked me up at 0500. I'm usually out the door by then for work, so it was a nice change to be heading out for golf instead. CJ, tpluff, and golf3rguy are three of the best folks you could ever want to road trip with. The van was filed with great THP and golf discussion the whole way down.

We got to Purgatory around 10:00 and checked out the clubhouse. The course had range ball put out for us shortly after we had arrived. Once we began warming up, the range began to fill with other THPers that I had not yet met. I was paired with DarrenK, ParShooter, and xThor for my round. Let's just say the course kicked my arse, but it was a lot of fun.

ParShooter - Thanks for staying so relaxed and keeping my worst round in 2 years fun. I don't think you'll ever actually ned to change your name to BoggieShooter.

DarrenK -You and I need another shot at number 7. I don't think that I have ever seen a ball fly backwards before.

xThor -
You deserve another shot at that 13th green. It truly was the funniest moment of the day, and I'm glad that you were able to laugh about it.

All three of my partners for Friday's round were a blast to play 18 with. But the best moment of the day was sitting back in the clubhouse watching the later groups roll in with tired and defeated looks on their faces. That course tool a lot out of every one of us.

Dinner was stellar with 100oz. towers of beer set at each table. The burger with the egg on it was AWESOME, and I think that O'Carroll would truly have eaten two if the waitress would have brought him another. I was great to finally meet my internet friends that I've never gotten the change to if it weren't for this event. Sposey8675309 and O'Carroll had me rolling at the dinner table and made me feel like we were long time friends.

Oh, one last note for Friday.........Angry Orchard is not a manly drink, I don't care how hard PhillyV tries to convince me that it is.

The night wrapped up with a putting contest in the hallway on the 3rd floor of the hotel. It started with everyone using one of my left handed putters and I will say that I was amazed at how well most did.

Saturday

For Saturday I was paired with Canadan against J-Man and DevRickus. The Fort was a challenging track and playing from the mixed tees, it was a little longer than I'm used to playing. Thankfully, Canadan can hit it a long way off the driver and that helped. I just wished that I could have taken better advantage of those long drives. I played WAY better than I did on Friday but just not up to my potential. I have always struggled when playing a course for the first time and that is all just a mental block I have in my head that I'll need to work through.

Canadan - Thanks for putting up with me. It truly was a thing of beauty to watch you hit that high draw off the tee. Thanks for not getting upset with the poor iron play and even worse wedge play that I struggled with. Even more so, thanks for advice you gave me Saturday night. I'll be changing my focus on what I work on when I'm on the course, practice range, or even just sitting at home. I'll be more than prepared just in case I get into another THP event. Oh, and you need to get a set of Apex irons. No question about that.

J-Man -I know fully understand how you are able to write so many reviews for the site. I don't think you sat still the entire time we were on the course. You kept it light out there and it helped to take my mind off of how awful I was playing. I can't wait until we can tee it up again.

DevRickus- I was glad that I finally got to meet you in person. You sir are on the way to a low handicap as long as you stay away from the cottonwood.

For the three of you............it did get weird, but it was a lot of fun.

Dinner Saturday night was great, put the post dinner festivities were a riot. 4 man air hockey is the greatest thing ever invented, and I really can't wait to play it again. And watching lightningbolt with 1000 tickets almost back to back was just plain cool.

Sunday

This was without question my favorite course of the weekend. It also happened to be my best round of the weekend. Sorry Canadan,I brought my A-game a day late. I was paired with lightningbolt, sposey8675309, and bhillin. The course was in great shape and the layout was well designed. Bunkers wern't over done like Purgatory, and the elevation change was no where near that of The Fort. The 6200 yards that we played fit my handicap much better too.

lightningbolt - Thanks for keeping the round fun. When you step on it, that ball really flies and those dumb golf shots that you called them are the ones to play. Everytime I heard you say, "I'm gonna take this shot while my brain is still being stupid" you freakin crushed the ball.

bhillin - Great round yesterday. I can see that your handicap will be dropping very soon with the way you were hitting the ball.

sposey8675309 -
Yes I know that isn't your user name, but that song just keeps popping into my head. You need to just buy a Sunday bag and carry your hybrid, 5i, and putter only. Those clubs are money for you.

All three of you helped make Sunday my favorite round of the weekend.

The most important part of my weekend was finally getting to meet about 30 THP member that I haven't yet had the chance to meet yet. It is so awesome to finally put faces with the names and to really get to know some of you better. THP is my favorite golf site and thanks to this weekend it also feels like my second home. I now have a real connection with some of the members here, and as long as we can get burgers with a fried egg on it, I know that we're good.

A brief summary for those of you TL;DR folks.

1. Purgatory kicked my arse.

2. DarrenK will hate number 7 at Purgatory until the day he gets an Ace there.

3. All burgers need to come with a fried egg on it.

4. O'Carroll is probably making a burger with a fried egg on it right now.

5. I hate Pete Die designs and even re-designs. I have yet to find one what I can play even close to my handicap on.

5. Canadan's swing embodies the term "Sexy ball flight"

6. Unsolicited advise is always welcome from any THP member.

7. It got weird.

8. 4 man air hockey is the second greatest sport ever.

9. Midnight putting tourneys in the hall of a hotel are best if you don't try to go end to end.

10. Explaining bruises to your wife that were caused by 4 man air hockey is not fun when she is falling out of the chair laughing at you for getting bruised playing 4 man air hockey.

11. lightninbolt truly is internet long

12. My internet friends are more than just internet friends. That to me is the greatest and most important thing about this weekend. I truly cannot wait to tee it up with all of you again.

Congrats again to Mike and Derek (autocorrect didn't screw it up this time Derek) on the win. You guys must have played your butts off out there and it showed.

I'm sure there is more, but I just can remember it all right now.

Oh, I'm still looking for my IceyShanks starter kit. I don't remember where I packed it.

Can we just blow 7 up instead?

He is the biggest Hoosier fan in the country. At least that's what the starter believes at PV. Maybe the cart girl too.

I miss everyone!
THP event hangover in full effect.

I had a great time, thanks everyone!

I miss everyone!
THP event hangover in full effect.

I had a great time, thanks everyone!

Seriously. I've been in a funk all day. I miss walking to the range seeing 30+ THPers there shootin the breeze. I miss the laughs and jokes and looking forward to the next days tee time.

This weekend was epic

Back