Minneapolis & WI Area - June 2014 Outing

Troy Burne drains better than most courses. I was there last year in a monsoon that stopped play 20 minutes later the course was dry. I don't think we will have to worry about it.

That is a good thing because this week it is supposed to rain a lot...they are saying approximately 4 inches of rain today so that means no getting out playing this week for me so no real practice, grrr I am really starting to have a beef with Mother Nature

I am currently in bed and have been since returning from Indiana and the THP Invitational rather sick. It appears to be breaking, so my travel is not in jeopardy right now, but being outside and playing golf sure sounds fun compared to sleeping all day every day.

Still shocked the lack of people coming, but we are going to have a great time regardless.

I am currently in bed and have been since returning from Indiana and the THP Invitational rather sick. It appears to be breaking, so my travel is not in jeopardy right now, but being outside and playing golf sure sounds fun compared to sleeping all day every day.

Still shocked the lack of people coming, but we are going to have a great time regardless.
Get better dude!!!!

All this time I'm wondering who this Troy Burne dude is....HAHA!

While still a Hudson street address, the course sits in the rural township called the Town of Troy, and the term Burne is a Scottish name for a creek.

If it was a dude he'd definitely be a bada$$ with a name like that.

I'm going to bring a few things up for people to try on the range. Bobby Jones stuff for sure. Lemme know if there's something else you want to try that you know I've worked with recently.

Anything specific? I have a newer Seemore PTM3w, PING Karsten TR, some Odyssey, Cameron, etc.

Well I have an Odyssey Mini Marksman now but I'm looking to upgrade soon. Not sure what to try so whatever you woukd want to bring woukd be awesome. Thanks much!

You got it. I'll just load up an extra bag with some different things. I predict some people go out and buy a Bobby Jones club after Saturday.

Absolutely.

What Odyssey putters do you have Hawk? I've been spinning my wheels thinking about Tanks lately.

No Tank! I do have a MXM #1 that I bet you'd like to try out.

You got it mister.

Lots of new faces for me at this one. That'll be cool. Need to work on sinking putts this week. Birdies will be important.

Considering cart fees are included I'll ride as well. I hope Bubbles isn't anti 90's hip hop.

I didn't think that was a possibility. One can't not be a 90s hip hop fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the Vegas format this weekend with some buddies and a question came up that I didn't have an answer to:

What if someone gets a 10?

I just said that a 9 is the most you can get. Is there a way this is supposed to be handled?

Not that I expect to get anything higher than a 3 on any hole... 3 putt that is.

I played the Vegas format this weekend with some buddies and a question came up that I didn't have an answer to:

I just said that a 9 is the most you can get. Is there a way this is supposed to be handled?

Not that I expect to get anything higher than a 3 on any hole... 3 putt that is.

We will play triple bogey max, so no worries about carding a 10.

I would assume that there will be a stroke limit.

Oh sh!t

The Jucy Lucy from a place in Mpls was just on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!

Yum!!!!!

I am looking forward to the food as much as the golf.

Back