TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I may have second guessed on a couple of things in my order but I have yet to send in a revision.

I saw a picture of your grips, and immediately wanted them...

I love the Pure Grips, but I know the NDMCs will handle the humidity/sweat a bit better in Myrtle.

I saw a picture of your grips, and immediately wanted them...

I love the Pure Grips, but I know the NDMCs will handle the humidity/sweat a bit better in Myrtle.

They are sharp looking aren't they?

They are sharp looking aren't they?

Yep, figured you wouldnt mind me copying you on these. Didnt know that color combo existed.

(Hoping they match our staff bags!)

Yep, figured you wouldnt mind me copying you on these. Didnt know that color combo existed.

(Hoping they match our staff bags!)

I was planning on going with the black&white ND grips. Right before I sent in my order I was looking over everything one last time and noticed the platinum/blue color and thought it kind of matched the SLDR S color scheme, so that's why I went with then.

I was planning on going with the black&white ND grips. Right before I sent in my order I was looking over everything one last time and noticed the platinum/blue color and thought it kind of matched the SLDR S color scheme, so that's why I went with then.

I was set with the Blue Pure Grips, until Deano made me rethink it.

I was set with the Blue Pure Grips, until Deano made me rethink it.

I figured you went with them originally because they're pretty good in humidity. When it's really nasty though like right after it gets done raining though, not so much. Then again, nothing is good then.

Nice vman. The fitting and everything went well I take it?

The fitting went very well. Club Champion had gotten in a SLDR 6 iron head by the time of the appointment, so that was a bonus. Surprisingly, they didn't have all the shafts that we had available, but, in almost all cases, they had one by the same maker with identical specs. I think the fitting would have gone a lot easier at a TMPL. But, due to my schedule, that was not possible.

Nice setup Ken. I bet you are worn out after Indy this past weekend, then going right into a fitting in Monday.

I have to admit that towards the end of the fitting, I was getting pretty worn out. Dude suggested that we split it up and I come back later in the week. No bueno! I told him specs have to be submitted by Monday night. Thank goodness GG gave me the extra day, because I would never have been able to guess this bag set up.

Very nice selections Ken. I'm sure they will treat you well.

Love reading about all these choices

Bags look great guys!

Woot woot! Exciting times for the TM'ers! Now the hard part, the wait for staff sponsor day!

I cannot wait for that. Going to be so much fun, and I know probably about 5% of what is going to go on that day.

Skim alert: did all 8 players go with the SLDR irons?

If I recall, I think TM requested that the players all use the sldr irons

I didn't realize that....seems a bit odd to limit the players on that choice, but that's the sponsor's call.

I didn't realize that....seems a bit odd to limit the players on that choice, but that's the sponsor's call.

I think that just shows how confident they are in the new line of irons. Can't wait to see the TM staffers rock these irons.

The new SLDR line is what TaylorMade calls Distance for all. They believe strongly that this new line is made for every type of golfer. They are very proud of it and are extremely excited to have their 8 MC guys get the opportunity to play their newest offering.

It'll be fun to see how the SLDR line performs for everyone. Definitely some interesting setups, which is the fun part of this process.

It'll be fun to see how the SLDR line performs for everyone. Definitely some interesting setups, which is the fun part of this process.

I sincerely hope that the SLDR irons don't give me extra distance, because then there will be a serious gap between irons and wedges. And it can't be shooting 165 with a 9-iron. :)

I sincerely hope that the SLDR irons don't give me extra distance, because then there will be a serious gap between irons and wedges. And it can't be shooting 165 with a 9-iron. :)

#internetgolfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back