Someone pick me a rangefinder!

Leupold is going to be disappointed in you, since you live like 5 minutes from them...:)
It is a very good product and I liked a bunch of stuff about it, but in the end - for me and my shaky hand - I ended up wishing I would have listened to JB's advice about the Jolt/Pinseeker stuff (which he has basically repeated several times in different threads).

I use the older Bushnell Tour V2 and it works perfectly for me. Might not be as fast or have the red LED display, but I love it!

You can find them pretty cheap on ebay nowadays too.

Just recently got a Bushnell V3 and am loving it. First round I used it I was at a course with reflectors on the pins and it was so easy to use. My next round was at a course without the reflectors and it took me a few holes to figure out to shoot the flag and not the pin. Once I started doing that it was no different than at the course with the reflectors. Do find that I'm actually playing too quickly now and have to remind myself to not only get the distance but to still plan my shot as I used to.

Love my V3! I haven't used any of the others that have been talked about, but I don't think you would be disappointed with a Bushnell.

I have the Bushnell Pro 1M. I had to return it once for a software issue but since then it has been amazing. I chose the larger size because it makes it easier to aim. 7x magnification is gold. Battery life is awesome too.

Thanks for the help guys, managed to pick up a z6 without jolt for a huge bargain!!

I have a V2 and am waiting for it to go before moving on to the V3. I have had it for eight years or so and it is still going strong, so that speaks to it's durability. I find the Pinseeker to be the easiest to use for accurate readings of all of the other units on the market.

I bought the Leupold GX-2i and am now looking for a Bushnell. My take: Leupold's have more features, better optics and better customer service but Bushnell is better at doing the single most important part of the gig - locking on the flag. If you have a particularly steady hand or play courses that have prism flags (Leupold has a prism lock system) I would go Leupold. Otherwise I'd go Bushnell. Just my 2 cents.

I'd tend to agree with this. Have a leupold gx-1 and really like it but sometimes just can't get a pin lock even with prisms. Having used iceyshanks Bushnell, I liked it just a bit better; not enough to scrap mine, but if it died I'd get a Bushnell.

I'd tend to agree with this. Have a leupold gx-1 and really like it but sometimes just can't get a pin lock even with prisms. Having used iceyshanks Bushnell, I liked it just a bit better; not enough to scrap mine, but if it died I'd get a Bushnell.

I can see the complaint, but I haven't really had a problem using my gx-1i. Maybe it's a newer generation than yours, but it locks onto prisms very easily. And even if it doesn't, you just hold it in and sweep over the flag left and right and just take the shortest distance you see.

At any rate, you can't go wrong either way. Both Bushnell and Leupold make great quality stuff, I've used both and would be very happy with equipment grin either company.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I can see the complaint, but I haven't really had a problem using my gx-1i. Maybe it's a newer generation than yours, but it locks onto prisms very easily. And even if it doesn't, you just hold it in and sweep over the flag left and right and just take the shortest distance you see.

At any rate, you can't go wrong either way. Both Bushnell and Leupold make great quality stuff, I've used both and would be very happy with equipment grin either company.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Mine is a few years old so maybe, and that is what I do to get a distance, but still frustrating having to do that and taking extra time. I inky used the Bushnell once so it might have the same issues but I do know the leupold for me has an issue, though not a major one.

Back