The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through the same thing. Prior instructor had me move the ball up, this guy has me moving it back. The nice thing about setup is you can be sure it's right. I've become a believer in spacing the lessons out more, although I want instant results this seems to work better for me.

I went through the same thing. Prior instructor had me move the ball up, this guy has me moving it back. The nice thing about setup is you can be sure it's right. I've become a believer in spacing the lessons out more, although I want instant results this seems to work better for me.

I went every two weeks for quite a while, but right now three is working fine too. Either way it gives me time to devote to practice and I typically don't start messing with other things too much like I might if I went longer.

I remember when I used to post in here daily.

Real life sucks

Back at it soon dang it

I went every two weeks for quite a while, but right now three is working fine too. Either way it gives me time to devote to practice and I typically don't start messing with other things too much like I might if I went longer.

Agreed. When I start thinking on my own it's probably time for another lesson.

I'm hoping for a late range session today followed by an early morning round before work tomorrow.

I really need to focus on posture and grip this evening. It's amazing how things revert back to bad places when I stop actively focusing on them. Left shoulder keeps slouching forward at address unless I actively think about keeping my shoulder behind my chest. Then, things just start getting bad.

It's so funny how one or two little things significantly affect a golf swing. Ugh!

I'm hoping for a late range session today followed by an early morning round before work tomorrow.

I really need to focus on posture and grip this evening. It's amazing how things revert back to bad places when I stop actively focusing on them. Left shoulder keeps slouching forward at address unless I actively think about keeping my shoulder behind my chest. Then, things just start getting bad.

It's so funny how one or two little things significantly affect a golf swing. Ugh!

See I got caught up doing the opposite yesterday, but it was during a round, not on the range. Starting thinking a little too much about certain things. Do you still actively think about certain things on the course or do you just go back to swinging the club?

See I got caught up doing the opposite yesterday, but it was during a round, not on the range. Starting thinking a little too much about certain things. Do you still actively think about certain things on the course or do you just go back to swinging the club?

It depends what I'm working on. If it's a new move, I usually do think about it actively while I'm playing. The hope is that it becomes natural and routine eventually.

My goal is to focus on one (maybe two) swing keys during a round. I tend to play a lot Bette when it's 1-2 instead of 10.

Real life sucks

Back at it soon dang it

Yes it does. I need to schedule another lesson with my teacher. Not much time left.

Yes it does. I need to schedule another lesson with my teacher. Not much time left.

Yeah I believe I have a lesson set for thursday ...just waiting on confirmation

Real life sucks

Back at it soon dang it

I remember those days too. I was supposed to get off at noon today and had a range session all lined up....oops, something came up, I didn't get out of work until 2:30 and now there are other things that I have to do. Rain is coming tomorrow and Thursday as well, I'm not happy. Maybe I can go later tonight since the range has lights.

Real life sucks

Back at it soon dang it

No kidding. Life and weather has been getting in the way...stupid rain, I'd be out on the range right now.

Yeah I believe I have a lesson set for thursday ...just waiting on confirmation

lol. Fingers are crossed for you on the confirmation part.

Weather has been so nice here I've just been playing rather than practicing but I need to get on it

Lots of Driver work today. I really should go senior flex. The easier I swing, the better the results.

Lots of Driver work today. I really should go senior flex. The easier I swing, the better the results.

You and me both my friend.

I'm 99% sure im at least going some kind of regular flex in the mc and maybe even beyond that. Swing speed isn't what it used to be

Lots of GPA work tonight. Over the last few weeks I've noticed my GPA has been lacking and causing some errant right shots. It can be looked as a good thing. Can had a great swing but if your GPA is off your adding strokes to your score. #justaminorbumpintheroad

I'm 99% sure im at least going some kind of regular flex in the mc and maybe even beyond that. Swing speed isn't what it used to be

Nothing wrong with more launch and a little more spin for guys like us dude.

Should have had you hit the Bio/VLCT, I really think you would have enjoyed that combo.

Nothing wrong with more launch and a little more spin for guys like us dude.

Should have had you hit the Bio/VLCT, I really think you would have enjoyed that combo.

I'm so lame...I go to the outings and try out no one's stuff.
And I hate hitting indoors

Ugggh

I'm so lame...I go to the outings and try out no one's stuff.
And I hate hitting indoors

Ugggh

Never even crossed my mind buddy, boo.

After the range session I just had and reading these last few posts, I wonder if it's too late to change an order.

I'm hating the driver something bad right now.

Crazy how I can have confidence in every other club with that one exception.

Headed out for this weeks lesson in about an hour. Just home to grab some grub. Things have been going nicely.

JM

It rained here so I hit a small bucket at dicks testing drivers. Narrowing down my options so if I can't get the R1 back to my level of satisfaction, I'll pull the trigger. I like the callaway BB and the SLDR. Hated the covert 2.0, cobra bio cell,
And the titleist 913(?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was the first time in a week or so that I've swung. Last time it wasn't pretty. I worked a lot on alignment, take away and weight shift. I left pretty happy with the session overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lesson #9 of 12 is in the books. Outdoors tonight.

Started with some iron swings and had him check my alignment. Needed to just close my hip a bit and things lined up pretty quickly. Hit some nice irons and then moved on. My suspicion was correct that I was setting up subconsciously like I was supposed to (from last lesson's change) and no longer need to add tilt, which I believe had gotten me in some trouble in my last couple practice sessions.

Wanted to work on the long clubs due to some recent hooking issues that hasn't been present with the irons. Turns out that I'm getting outside my right foot (aka swaying) on the backswing with the long ones. Not good, but the good thing there is that I used to do that with all clubs and have it knocked out in the irons. Guessing I'm just trying to swing too long/hard with the long clubs. Worked on firming up the right knee and it really just clicked. He was even surprised how far I hit it and he's seen me hit probably 1000 balls in the last three years. Not internet long, but playable distance and a good shot shape.

Worked on the same thing with fairway wood and hybrid. Then he made me hit fairway wood off the turf and I'll be damned if that didn't eventually start working out as well. Again, firm right knee and everything else the same as I've been doing. That's a pretty big deal right there. I recently moved to a more conventional fairway wood (Xhot instead of Bobby J) because I want to be comfortable with what I play in the MC. Glad we did that.

Gave me some tips on practice going forward. Wants me to start playing some 9 hole practice rounds with multiple balls rather than just the range to get used to smaller targets, different lies, not being square to a target, etc. Get rid of the beating balls mentality as we transition out of the multitude of changes/drills and into actually taking this to the course without tension and with confidence.

Gave me a few easy drills to work on in the garage rather than just swinging full since I mentioned that I'm growing a bit tired of that.

I'm so happy right now. Just so happy with how this has progressed. I can see visual differences due to the changes I've worked on, both on video and how the ball flies. Looking back to January when I started all this, I really can't say that I expected it to turn out like this. Now, it needs to be taken to the course, but I believe I have the foundation and that was always lacking in my game. Now it's believing in the changes and just getting the ball in the hole.

Came home afterwards since I was in need of some food and then headed back out to the practice green down the road. Worked on both putting and getting up and down. Stomped some balls in the rough, hit some from decent lies, putted from the fringe, etc. Just things to get the ball in the hole around the green. Good day today.

Firm right need rather than having knee flex at address? Or u mean on take away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back