Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

I have never had an issue with Cally customer service. FTR I am loving my three deep and considering either a 2 deep or a X hot2 driver.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Love it - glad you found a wood line you love!

The 2Deep is now my new favorite driver replacement, holy cow is it easy to hit a fairway, on the tight par 4s and 5s I now have something I can feel confident hitting the fairway with, I'm a bit shorter than the driver, but more accuracy makes up for that.

I haven't tried it off the fairway yet, that'll be a test on a par 5 soon!

The 2Deep is now my new favorite driver replacement, holy cow is it easy to hit a fairway, on the tight par 4s and 5s I now have something I can feel confident hitting the fairway with, I'm a bit shorter than the driver, but more accuracy makes up for that.

I haven't tried it off the fairway yet, that'll be a test on a par 5 soon!

Glad to ser is treating you well!

Does anyone have a comparison between last years 3Deep and this years 2 or 3Deep? I have last years 3 and it's my go to off the tee if into a wind or on tight fairways. Sorry if already asked but didn't want to read through the entire thread.

Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

I have them both, for me they both carry about the same but the 2deep will give me more roll.

Im a high spinner so i dont have launch issues with any of the 2 but the larger head of the 2deep inspires more confidence.

Will do a photo comparison when i get home today :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Trying to reorganize my bag to get my 2Deep in the sack. I've had it in a during a few casual rounds as a 15th club and the results are fantastic. Very accurate and LONG. There are really two tee shots at my club that are preventing me from just pulling my driver out of the bag all together.

Hit the 5deep a few times off the tee today on short and tight par 4s and man does this club deliver. Can argue with 250-260 yards and laser straight.

Hit the 5deep a few times off the tee today on short and tight par 4s and man does this club deliver. Can argue with 250-260 yards and laser straight.

That is insane distance from a 5 wood!

That is insane distance from a 5 wood!

With the shaft I have in it (Diamana d+ 72, Tipped 1.5 inches) it launches like a strong 4 wood for me. The extra loft definitely helps me hit it off the deck, but off the tee is where it really shines.

The 2 and 3deep woods are only $135 from Golf Galaxy right now. Really wish they had a 5deep in stock. I hit one yesterday at another store and fell in love with it

The 2 and 3deep woods are only $135 from Golf Galaxy right now. Really wish they had a 5deep in stock. I hit one yesterday at another store and fell in love with it

Its good they don't have the 5 deep in stock, I'd probably be out $135. Wow that's a great price

I had the XHOT 3Deep. Used it almost exclusively off tee and off deck. 57 yrs old high 90's low 100's SS averaged 240. Picked up X2HOT 3Deep. Gained 10/12 yds. Love it.

Such a great price!

Has any average golfer (meaning mid handicapper with sub 100ss and average strengh) hit both the mini and the 3 deep? What were your thoughts? If I understood correctly the 3deep is a pro head just larger. If that is the case, then it is probably less forgiving than the mini. Any thoughts are appreciated. By the way, one of my favourite fairway wood ever is the original rbz which has a 200cc and is pretty deep. I could even hit it from the fairway without problems (and I am a pretty bad player around 17 hcp).

I hit the 2 deep in a couple situations today, and in both situations the ball came off like a shot out of a cannon. First was off the deck, just into the rough. Had about 250 left but had to get under a tree in front of me, eliminating a 3 wood. I choked up on the 2 deep and just tried to make solid contact lower on the face. Well, I did and that sucker went straight as an arrow and ended up just off the front of the green. I would've been happy with something just in play for an easy GIR, but this made it for an easy birdie. Second time I used it was off the tee. A very tight par 4, only about 20 yards wide where I usually land with a bunker catching anything left and short. Absolutely pured it, again, straight as an arrow. I will just say it was #InternetLong and my driver rarely gets there. It was the first time in my time with the 2 Deep I looked at the face and said, "Dangggggggg!!!!!!!!!" 'Twas a good day for the 2 Deep today.

For those of you carrying a 5Deep:

- Do you see any value in carrying / do you carry a lower lofted fairway wood for use from the fairway?
- How much shorter is your 5Deep compared with your lower lofted fairway wood when hit from the fairway?

For those of you carrying a 5Deep:

- Do you see any value in carrying / do you carry a lower lofted fairway wood for use from the fairway?
- How much shorter is your 5Deep compared with your lower lofted fairway wood when hit from the fairway?

Honestly, I would see no point in carrying another fairway wood to hit off the deck. The 5deep is a monster off the deck for me. The extra loft actually allows me to carry the 5deep further than and other fairway wood i've tried. I carry the 5deep about 235-240 off the deck. There is no reason for me to carry a lower lofted fairway wood even if I did carry it a little further.

Honestly, I would see no point in carrying another fairway wood to hit off the deck. The 5deep is a monster off the deck for me. The extra loft actually allows me to carry the 5deep further than and other fairway wood i've tried. I carry the 5deep about 235-240 off the deck. There is no reason for me to carry a lower lofted fairway wood even if I did carry it a little further.

Great to know - thanks.

May I ask what your driver swing speed is please?

Great to know - thanks.

May I ask what your driver swing speed is please?

About 112ish. And I have a negative angle of attack.

The shaft I had put in my 5deep is the same as my driver shaft, just tipped 1.5 inches so it makes the tip a little stiffer to provide a more penetrating ball flight.

About 112ish.

H*** ***t! That might go some way to explaining why you carry a 5 wood 240yds! :bulgy-eyes:

Thanks for the info - much appreciated - and my expectations are now re-aligned to what a mortal can achieve. My driver ss is max of around 102mph, but I think the 5Deep would still be an excellent option.

H*** ***t! That might go some way to explaining why you carry a 5 wood 240yds! :bulgy-eyes:

Thanks for the info - much appreciated - and my expectations are now re-aligned to what a mortal can achieve. My driver ss is max of around 102mph, but I think the 5Deep would still be an excellent option.

It truly is a fantastic option. at 18.5 degrees, it is very easy to hit off the deck and super fun to hit off the tee. I like smaller fairway woods with deep faces, so this was absolutely a perfect fit for me.

Worth having 3deep + 5deep combo?

Worth having 3deep + 5deep combo?

Potentially - depends on your distance gaps and how you use the 3deep (just off the tee?)

I'm nowhere near that swingspeed jlukes, but I really need to hit one of these... Don't see it replacing the J40, but I could use a tee option for those days when driver just isn't working (unfortunately fairly often right now).

Back