What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 aint bad dude. Game coming together? Seems like it.

Let's tee it up soon.

Haha, first time I've played since River Strand, hard to say. We do need to play sometime soon.

Went out to the course that I shot even par at a few weeks ago. It is an easy course but one that is convenient for me. I wanted to try to carry some momentum from the weekend over. Turned in a new PB. Shot -1 34. Hit all FIR, 4 GIR, 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 6 pars. 13 putts. Just submitted my score. The next revision has me going from 14.6 to 12.4. It was just one of those rounds where everything came together. I couldnt believe it when I added up my score at the end of the round.

guva4any.jpg

Atta boy, Rickus! Proud of you, sir.

Heck yes! Congrats on the 34.

Went out to the course that I shot even par at a few weeks ago. It is an easy course but one that is convenient for me. I wanted to try to carry some momentum from the weekend over. Turned in a new PB. Shot -1 34. Hit all FIR, 4 GIR, 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 6 pars. 13 putts. Just submitted my score. The next revision has me going from 14.6 to 12.4. It was just one of those rounds where everything came together. I couldnt believe it when I added up my score at the end of the round.

guva4any.jpg

Incredible dude.

Played Dub's Dread near Kansas City, Kansas Tuesday while at the AP Psychology reading. Shot 40 for 9 with a pre-storm wind blowing a gale. First time on course in a week due to a sore knee and heel. If you have not played here, you need to put this on your bucket list. Great course and great staff in the pro shop. Very nice layout and a great challenge for all levels of game. Good Cleveland Golf/Srixon offerings in the Pro Shop. Very good time!

Shot a course PB 85 today with a double-double to finish and lipped out three putts. Should've broken 80. Got hot and tired in an almost five hour round.

Congrats again on 34 dev

Heck of a 9 ricky!

guva4any.jpg

I thought you were at Deer Run. I was driving on Pine Brook and thought I saw you. Was gonna be all stalkerish and cat call ya or something but I am glad I didn't and ruin your round. Awesome job.

In an effort to work on my game and to get healthy, I walked 18 after work today. I haven't walked 9 holes in at least 12 years or more, so this was quite a feat for me. Last 3 holes it was hard to swing, but I made it (and hope I can move tomorrow). Shot an 87. I'm close to turning the corner I believe and keeping everything under 90 at least (he says with a straight face after shooting 108 this weekend). With a little more effort and diligence on the short game and putting, hoping to break 80 before the end of summer.

guva4any.jpg

Great job Ricky, man you sir are playing some great golf. Keep it up dude!!!

Congrats on the personal best. Nice round.

Shot a course PB 85 today with a double-double to finish and lipped out three putts. Should've broken 80. Got hot and tired in an almost five hour round.

Congrats on the personal best for that course. Keep up the great work.

guva4any.jpg

My man Ricky! Nice score dude. Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

+9 on a 9 hole round. Ouch. 3 doubles, 3 bogeys, 3 pars. 2 GIRs, 4/6 FWs

Well done Ricky, that's awesome!

Great job there ricky!

Ricky! Way to go!

Congratulations on the 34 Dev! Awesome job man!

JM

Way to go Ricky !!! Congrats!

Congrats dude!! So happy for you and amazed at how far your game has come in so short of time. Keep it up!

Congratulations, Ricky!

First off, congratulations on the personal best!

Secondly, I highlighted something in your post that I hope to have as well. One of the things lesser golfers like me (lesser compared to many THP'ers) can take out of these THP events is seeing how low handicaps play and take pieces of their games and fit them in. The two things that really separated me from everyone else I played with last weekend was accuracy off the tee and accuracy on approach shots. Saturday notwithstanding, my short game is usually good enough to make up for the approach shots. But I put myself behind the 8-ball far too often off the tee to really give myself chances for even a par without a stellar shot somewhere later on in the hole to make up for the tee ball. Between moving to my SLDR Mini (the THP outing were my first three rounds with that club, and I got better each round I played with it) and the grip change I picked up on Sunday that had a big impact, I hope to have something similar in terms of carryover (not necessarily a PB, but a continuation of momentum). That is my goal on Sunday when I play.

Sorry for the unintended hijack, but your comment there about carryover really stuck with me.

First off, congratulations on the personal best!

Secondly, I highlighted something in your post that I hope to have as well. One of the things lesser golfers like me (lesser compared to many THP'ers) can take out of these THP events is seeing how low handicaps play and take pieces of their games and fit them in. The two things that really separated me from everyone else I played with last weekend was accuracy off the tee and accuracy on approach shots. Saturday notwithstanding, my short game is usually good enough to make up for the approach shots. But I put myself behind the 8-ball far too often off the tee to really give myself chances for even a par without a stellar shot somewhere later on in the hole to make up for the tee ball. Between moving to my SLDR Mini (the THP outing were my first three rounds with that club, and I got better each round I played with it) and the grip change I picked up on Sunday that had a big impact, I hope to have something similar in terms of carryover (not necessarily a PB, but a continuation of momentum). That is my goal on Sunday when I play.

Sorry for the unintended hijack, but your comment there about carryover really stuck with me.

Absolutely man. It was no coincidence that playing with Canadan twice this past weekend really pushed me to be better. The competition aspect really sparked something in me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back