Hello, my name is ball striker....and I'm a club ho

I can honestly say you are alone in this forum! :alien: I believe we have a "anonymous" group you can join lol

Luckily I don't have alot lying around. I have two old woods, two extra putters and an old set of irons. The putters are the only thing worth more than $10 so I don't feel too bad about it. My wife keeps me in check.

I say give in to it :)

As long as you're not screwing up your financial life by buying clubs. Regretting everything you buy definitely won't make you play better golf - if you make peace with your club buying maybe it'll help you stay calm on the course.

I think we all have a bit of "club ho" in us! Since I've retired I've curbed the itch for a while, but did buy new irons and a Scotty Cameron putter over the winter, and am browsing the Mini Driver for purchase later this year. There are worse things in life than buying golf clubs, and as long as it doesn't put us in the poor house (where my wife swears I'm trying to put us) there should be no issue.

I was never as bad as the OP, but I was pretty bad....still am I guess. This year alone I've owned 5 sets of irons. My current set has the most rounds on them as compared to any other set (6). I'm starting to turn into a Putter Ho though. I have 3 Scottys, looking to buy a fourth and just bought a SeeMore Z2c. I damn near pulled the trigger on a used Versa #7 for $89 yesterday.

You are not alone my friend. However, this is not the place to come if you are looking for support or rehab. We are all enablers and live vicariously through others purchases. Sox Fan is notorious for convincing people they should buy something.:alien:

Welcome and I think we would all be lying if we didnt have a little bit of Club Ho'ing in us

I was never as bad as the OP, but I was pretty bad....still am I guess. This year alone I've owned 5 sets of irons. My current set has the most rounds on them as compared to any other set (6). I'm starting to turn into a Putter Ho though. I have 3 Scottys, looking to buy a fourth and just bought a SeeMore Z2c. I damn near pulled the trigger on a used Versa #7 for $89 yesterday.

You are not alone my friend. However, this is not the place to come if you are looking for support or rehab. We are all enablers and live vicariously through others purchases. Sox Fan is notorious for convincing people they should buy something.:alien:

Was? I was about to say somwtbjng before I read the entire post lol

Maybe if my money tree stopped refusing to grow I'd be like this, but a mortgage, a wife, a kid, a kid on the way prevent this kind of behaviour. Although to be honest, I'm very happy with my bag set up at the moment.

Maybe if my money tree stopped refusing to grow I'd be like this, but a mortgage, a wife, a kid, a kid on the way prevent this kind of behaviour. Although to be honest, I'm very happy with my bag set up at the moment.
Hey bro I'm right next door in Pacific Grove. We should hook up for a round or 2. I have all the responsibilities as well which kind of makes it a guilty pleasure I guess. Hit me up and I'll buy green fees and a few rounds of beer afterwards. I have yet to meet a THPer in person.

I struggle with this big time. I don't do it at the store, but eBay is my worst enemy. The ability to have a world's worth of used club bins at my disposal is too much. I really like trying everything out.

Hey bro I'm right next door in Pacific Grove. We should hook up for a round or 2. I have all the responsibilities as well which kind of makes it a guilty pleasure I guess. Hit me up and I'll buy green fees and a few rounds of beer afterwards. I have yet to meet a THPer in person.

Ha ha, I certainly don't expect you to buy my green fee, but I'm up for a game definitely. I'm pretty tied up the next couple of weekends with golf and World Cup matches, but after that we could sort something out.

Ha ha, I certainly don't expect you to buy my green fee, but I'm up for a game definitely. I'm pretty tied up the next couple of weekends with golf and World Cup matches, but after that we could sort something out.
Sounds like a plan. Let me know buddy. I usually play with the assistant pro in Salinas but I'm sick of it. He turns into Butch Harmon on about the 4th hole and doesn't let up all round. I guess that's just the teacher in him idk but it does get annoying after a bit.

Here is a link to Norcal get together http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?27512-Northern-California-Get-Together/page43 we are headed to Poppy Hill the end of July

I have bought maybe five new sets of clubs in my lifetime, but two were in the past few years. So I guess you could say I'm trending in that direction.

Back