Cobb

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all, I am in the market for a new pair of golf shoes. I currently have the Adidas Tour ATV's and like them quite a bit, however they just do not breathe enough during the warmer days, and my feet are on fire after the first few holes. I'm looking for something that is much more breathable than the pair I have, and am open to suggestions on any brand of shoe. I walk pretty much every round, and they don't necessarily need to be waterproof, as I could just use my ATV's for when rainy days come around. I would prefer them to be spiked over spikeless, but as I mentioned, I'm open to all suggestions. The cheaper($$) the better also...

Currently the shoes I've found that look like they would do all I need are the Adidas Adizero Sport and Footjoy Superlite CT. Can anyone chime in on how these 2 shoes perform/fit? Suggestions on other models?

Thanks in advance.

Callaway Chev Aero ($79.95)

2618638-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I like the FJ M: Project for mesh shoes with a good bit of traction. In the interest of full disclosure, I hardly play in very wet conditions.

Can't go wrong with either IMO

One of the best warm weather walking shoes I've ever owned are the Adidas Crossflex. You can get them for absolute steals right now all over the place. I picked up another pair this past weekend, because my prior pair had 50+ walking rounds on them and the cushioning was just gone. But I play in 100-degree heat all summer and walk and these have been great. I really like the Puma Faas Lite Mesh, but there's not enough cushion for walking a full 18, at least not for me (my feet kill after I walk 18 in them). So I use those for rounds when I have a cart or the range. I definitely do want to try out the Biofusion spikeless as well.

Gotta say, I am really a stickler for foot comfort. Shoes are my achilles heel, even work shoes and sneakers. I own like 40 pairs of shoes.
FJ Project M shoes with the Boa lacing system are the MOST COMFORTABLE SHOES I HAVE EVER WORN!! Not just golf shoes, but shoes.
Don't know if it is the shoe or the Boa system, but I am never buying another pair of golf shoes that don't have the Boa (or similar) lacing system, ever.
And, I saw that the shoes are on clearance, it was posted in another forum.
If you haven't tried the Boa system, I highly recommend it.

i put up some photos about the gel-ace tour sunbelts in a thread if you wanna see what those look like

Thanks for all the input so far, still haven't made up my mind.

Check out this place
gmamasgolf.com

There is also a THP Coupon for even more savings. Best prices on shoes you will see anywhere.

Check out this place
gmamasgolf.com

There is also a THP Coupon for even more savings. Best prices on shoes you will see anywhere.

Thanks for the info and I have taken a look there, however I can actually find them cheaper at other places for the models I'm currently looking at, even with the promo. They do have great prices though. Right now I'm currently leaning towards the adizero's, does anyone own a pair that can chime in on how they fit since I can't find any in my area to try on?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and I have taken a look there, however I can actually find them cheaper at other places for the models I'm currently looking at, even with the promo. They do have great prices though. Right now I'm currently leaning towards the adizero's, does anyone own a pair that can chime in on how they fit since I can't find any in my area to try on?

I have a pair of the adizero sport and love them. They're very light, and like you said, not good on wet days. To me they're a little wider than typical adidas shoes, which are usually narrow on me, these are not. I haven't tried to superlites but would like to

One of the best warm weather walking shoes I've ever owned are the Adidas Crossflex. You can get them for absolute steals right now all over the place.

I'd go along with that. My feet are knackered, but I can walk 18 in these and feel fine. I too play in warm weather, most of they eat round actually, and my feet don't sweat in these. They look great too. Was a little disappointed Adidas have updated them with a crossflex 2.

I'd go along with that. My feet are knackered, but I can walk 18 in these and feel fine. I too play in warm weather, most of they eat round actually, and my feet don't sweat in these. They look great too. Was a little disappointed Adidas have updated them with a crossflex 2.

Ditto on that. For whatever reason, though, the Crossflex doesn't seem to have been a huge seller (either that or they just made tons of them), so there are a LOT of the first version still available at fantastic prices. I just picked up another pair for $35!

FWIW, my son just got his second pair of these (the little monster keeps growing out of his golf shoes before they're worn out!) and two of my regular playing partners have gone to these on my recommendation and are extremely happy with their purchases.

Ditto on that. For whatever reason, though, the Crossflex doesn't seem to have been a huge seller (either that or they just made tons of them), so there are a LOT of the first version still available at fantastic prices. I just picked up another pair for $35!

FWIW, my son just got his second pair of these (the little monster keeps growing out of his golf shoes before they're worn out!) and two of my regular playing partners have gone to these on my recommendation and are extremely happy with their purchases.

Hmm I'll have to take a look at these again. If I remember correctly I tried them on once and just flat out didn't like how they felt, I'll have to give it another shot.

Adidas Tech Response 4.0. Most comfortable pair of golf shoes I've ever worn, and super breathable, but not water resistant AT ALL - best shoe ever for warm, dry days. However, the Adizero Tour and Adizero One are a very close 2nd for me in comfort, and they are fully waterproof with a 2yr warranty. Just got my pair of Tours in the mail yesterday, will be wearing them for golf this weekend for the full test.

I just picked up a pair as well. Hopefully try them out this weekend.
I wore my mesh pair Sunday, very comfortable and easy to keep clean. I really like these shoes!

I turned up to play Trump links in Aberdeen and had left my shoes in my car (was in my wives car) so bought a pair, very comfortable and light but a few rounds later I noticed I was missing a few spikes, bought another pair as I thought it was a one off problem but had the same issue with the new pair

did you check the spikes for tightness when you bought them? reason i ask is the amazon review on a pair of shoes i got said spikes got lost. when my package arrived i had to actually get a tool and tighten them before use

Not with the first pair but did with the second pair, replaced the spikes and tightened them up with the same result. Shame really as the shoes themselves are really good apart from this

Back