Odyssey Putters Thread

In that case, you could always just get the MXM #7 and then throw on a Cruiser grip? Head weight may not be as heavy, idk, but it'll accomplish most of what you asked for.

It would be close with the heaviest weights bringing the MXM head up to 360g. The lightest the tank cruiser head can be is 365. Maybe a little lead tape could fix that.

There just so happens to be a Tank MXM #7 that I believe was for sale. Pkielwa was selling his if I remember correctly. Maybe shoot him a PM.

I thought I remembered how someone had gotten odyssey to remove the sole plate to add a bunch of weight, bringing the headweight up to 400g. I'll have to ask him, thanks!

It would be close with the heaviest weights bringing the MXM head up to 360g. The lightest the tank cruiser head can be is 365. Maybe a little lead tape could fix that.

I thought I remembered how someone had gotten odyssey to remove the sole plate to add a bunch of weight, bringing the headweight up to 400g. I'll have to ask him, thanks!

Here is a link to the ebay auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Odyssey-Met...31204500986?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item1e8c65cdfa

Now I'm happy. All in one piece and taking it out for some practice tonight.

Very nice can't wait to hear your feedback

Ready to roll this bad boy Tank.
9u4ebyze.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Another night with the TC 330M and another night where I walked away delighted with the performance of this putter. I believe I have found a winning combination with the 20g weights in the head and 15 in the shaft. The counterbalance design has really allowed me to smooth out my stroke and has helped me become more consistent with my striking.

The WHP insert in the TC is pretty incredible. It's been talked about at length on the forum, so I won't beat a dead horse too much, but the feedback that is generated and the consistency of the roll off the face is spot on. There is definitely and adjustment period coming from a milled, "honeycomb" face in the feel department because of the softer feel of the insert, but man, once you have it dialed in, it starts to become automatic.

I made 3 putts last night in the 6-8 foot range that, at times, I wouldn't have made before. Is that the putter or just the work I have put in on my short game? Probably a bit of both IMO. I am getting a very nice roll off the face that is consistent and producing "solid lines" on the ball as it is rolling (Line drawn all the way around the equator of the ball isn't wobbling like crazy).

If the next few rounds of putting go as well as this last one has, there won't be any changes and this is where I will be keeping the settings. More to come as the rounds keep coming in!

I picked up a Versa 1W WBW for my dad for his birthday. He's been gaming a white hot Rossie for years now, and I suspect the Versa alignment will help him out.

I'm playing with him and my brother this weekend. Should be fun. I may or may not roll the 1W a few times.

Another night with the TC 330M and another night where I walked away delighted with the performance of this putter. I believe I have found a winning combination with the 20g weights in the head and 15 in the shaft. The counterbalance design has really allowed me to smooth out my stroke and has helped me become more consistent with my striking.

The WHP insert in the TC is pretty incredible. It's been talked about at length on the forum, so I won't beat a dead horse too much, but the feedback that is generated and the consistency of the roll off the face is spot on. There is definitely and adjustment period coming from a milled, "honeycomb" face in the feel department because of the softer feel of the insert, but man, once you have it dialed in, it starts to become automatic.

I made 3 putts last night in the 6-8 foot range that, at times, I wouldn't have made before. Is that the putter or just the work I have put in on my short game? Probably a bit of both IMO. I am getting a very nice roll off the face that is consistent and producing "solid lines" on the ball as it is rolling (Line drawn all the way around the equator of the ball isn't wobbling like crazy).

If the next few rounds of putting go as well as this last one has, there won't be any changes and this is where I will be keeping the settings. More to come as the rounds keep coming in!

You have the 38" correct? if so, how far are you choking down on it? Also when you say the is an adjustment period coming from a milled face, is it from distance control or the way the wall rolls off the insert?

think I might grab a White Hot Pro #7 CS putter for my pops for Father's Day.

You have the 38" correct? if so, how far are you choking down on it? Also when you say the is an adjustment period coming from a milled face, is it from distance control or the way the wall rolls off the insert?

I do have the 38" one, my right thumb goes right on top of the first Y in Odyssey every time and I set up my grip from there.

Distance control was the big thing for me right off the bat. The insert was much soft then the milled face I was used to.

I do have the 38" one, my right thumb goes right on top of the first Y in Odyssey every time and I set up my grip from there.

Distance control was the big thing for me right off the bat. The insert was much soft then the milled face I was used to.

Gotcha. Maiden voyage for me today so I will type up a recap later this afternoon after I get back from my practice session.

Holy sh%t!!!!

Holy sh%t!!!!

Hello there!!!!!!

Looks very cool. Milled Tank Cruiser, perhaps?

Holy sh%t!!!!

Matte black double bend shaft? Please be face balanced...

Holy sh%t!!!!

I don't think we can quote this pic enough. K yboa d shorti g due t o drool.

So I got to the practice green today for about 30 minutes with my 330M Tank Cruiser. I set it up with the 20g's in the head and the 30g in the grip.

First thoughts were that I liked the insert way more than I thought I would. The ball just comes off the face so nice and rolls forward immediately. The "skidding" I sometimes see with my MXM 330M was not there. One thing was evident right off the back I need to give each putt just a touch more speed to control the distances. My first few putts were really short and took me a little to trust it and give it a little more. Once I grooved the right pace I was sinking putts or just leaving them within tap in distance.

The area that seemed to really stand out were the putts inside of 5-6ft. These I typically pull left for some reason and don't make them like I should. With the TC I was able to control my putting stroke and drop more in the center of the cup than I can ever remember from this distance. A real confidence booster that I hope translates to the course.

Overall I really like the weight and the setup. I think I might pull the 20g weights and put in the 15g just to see if I notice a huge difference in the pace of the stroke I have to make.

If I could find something with the White Hot Pro face that is setup weight wise to match my Ping Senita counterbalanced putter I would be in heaven.

If I could find something with the White Hot Pro face that is setup weight wise to match my Ping Senita counterbalanced putter I would be in heaven.

You can't get it there in the tank Cruiser with all the adjustments?

You can't get it there in the tank Cruiser with all the adjustments?

Nope. Ping CB putters have 400 gram head weights and 40 gram counterweights. I couldn't get the Cruiser set up with enough weight to match what felt comfortable to me.

Nope. Ping CB putters have 400 gram head weights and 40 gram counterweights. I couldn't get the Cruiser set up with enough weight to match what felt comfortable to me.

Didn't know ping was that heavy

Where did this #9 MXM Versa HT come from?

Craziness.

:alien:

I heart GregDan

A #9 is in my future. Versa or White Hot Pro is my only decision left...

Back