Vokey SM5 authenticity??

fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
I picked up a Vokey SM5 raw 56/14 wedge last month and love it. I got second one in the mail yesterday (a 60/04). I have questions if this is a legit one.. The first one's S/N is just engraved. The second is engraved and white. The first had 2 labels on it, the second one label.. The first was a used one and apparently made earlier..

Has anyone seen one with the S/N's in white? Not many around here to compare it to..

Thanks

Pictures might help

I picked up a Vokey SM5 raw 56/14 wedge last month and love it. I got second one in the mail yesterday (a 60/04). I have questions if this is a legit one.. The first one's S/N is just engraved. The second is engraved and white. The first had 2 labels on it, the second one label.. The first was a used one and apparently made earlier..

Has anyone seen one with the S/N's in white? Not many around here to compare it to..

Thanks

Not sure on the SM5, but all the Vokeys I have had, especially the raw finish ones, it was pretty hard to read the SN.

Thanks, I found my answer....

I am not sure about stock clubs but my woods have and wedges have identical SNs because they came from the same order batch. I think that the laser etch the SNs in them so that you can get the custom specs off of them later on if needed.

Thanks guys. My 56 is laser etched. The 60 is different and going back.. Shaft stickers are wrong also....

Back