The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

I'm wanting to buy the condo I'm renting, but not sure I save up for a down payment quick enough. As soon as this place hits the market, I'm worried it'll sell pretty soon after. Really don't want to move again. This place is perfect for me.

More than likely. Haha i hope you are handy. Haha

I'm wanting to buy the condo I'm renting, but not sure I save up for a down payment quick enough. As soon as this place hits the market, I'm worried it'll sell pretty soon after. Really don't want to move again. This place is perfect for me.

Have you expressed your desires to the owners?

With FHA financing you'd only need 3.5% down

Yeah that's what I've heard, but I also heard you can't do FHA with a condo.

Yeah that's what I've heard, but I also heard you can't do FHA with a condo.

You can just some restrictions. Also with FHA you end up with the rather large PMI (think it is called something different) payment. I understand it is hard for many to save 20% up but man that extra payment is big for what it is.

That's encouraging. I just need to go up there and talk to them

Their site lays some of them out as well just so you know if you even have a shot. Just keep in mind the extra costs of going FHA rather than saving for a while (edited my post above with the big one). It is a great deal for some however.

With FHA financing you'd only need 3.5% down

Depends on the community. Anything with I believe 15 or 20% delinquent HOA's in a community and you can't. Under that, go for it. The address is all a lender needs

Wife is watching House Hunters... My god how can people watch this garbage? This is absolutely awful and I'm just finding myself yelling at the tv like an old man

Wife is watching House Hunters... My god how can people watch this garbage? This is absolutely awful and I'm just finding myself yelling at the tv like an old man

All of those shows can be so bad.

Get em Mwarealator...

All of those shows can be so bad.

I feel like Ricky when he's watching a hockey game. Holy effing cow. "Hey you guys go look at the house, I'm going to make some phone calls outside" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!

And the show is referring to her as a broker. I'm doubting that.

Sign officially outside the house -- For Sale.

Crazy stuff. It'll be our first house sale, so we're nervous and excited. I cannot wait to get my own office at our new place. Something that will be an absolute necessity.

Keep in mind that all of those shows (House Hunters), the people have already purchased the new home. There is no decision being made.

Sign officially outside the house -- For Sale.

Crazy stuff. It'll be our first house sale, so we're nervous and excited. I cannot wait to get my own office at our new place. Something that will be an absolute necessity.

Good luck buddy!

Inspection on the new house is going to be either Wednesday or Thursday. We are in attorney review now. Sent all the mortgage paperwork through. This is really happening!

We are contemplating selling our house next summer. Too much to work on around the house right now to get it ready for this year. We really want out of the area we are currently in. Downsizing in our future.

Hmmmm...

a LOT more fun?

I had zero fun so all you need to do is go look at a house and chuckle and you already have had infinitely more fun.

Back