What is the last iron you hit well?

I'm comfortable up to my 6 iron. My 5 iron is hit or miss, but is usually more accurate than my 4 hybrid. My 5 iron is also my go to club for low punch shots, so I like to keep 1 in the bag.

6 for sure. 5i I'm okay with if no trouble around b/c I hit it low and running.

5i is for me the longest i can hit consistently. Tried a 5h and could not hit it half as well as my 5i. I currently game a 3h and a 4h yet the 5h just dint swing well for me. ill keep my 5i in the bag it flies straight and true for me.

5i is my favorite club in my bag. I hit it off the tee on shorter tight holes around 200-220. I play it back in my stance and try to keep the flight low.

It it is also my go to club when I have 250 to 300 to the green. I hit it consistently straight and around 190 out of the fairway. My last round I had 187 to the middle of the green and stuck it around 5 feet. Of course I 2 putted but it was a pretty shot.

5 iron is the highest in my bag. I can hit the 4i, but I prefer the ball flight from the 4h.

For me "hit well" = "don't top it on most swings". I top > 75% of shots I take with my hybrids and fairway woods. At this point it's basically in my head that I will top it, and then I do. I may not get my irons to go where I intend them, but they will go the distance I need, even if it's off to the right or left. If I can get within wedge distance (clubs I can actually trust) I consider it a success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to the range, but a broken tee on the ground in front if the ball about 3-4 inches. Hit you ball and try to hit the tee as well. That will keep your body down and covering the ball instead of trying to help it in the air which is most likely the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and for me it's been my 7 iron.

I think it was a 9 iron ... In 1987 ... If memory serves me correctly ... Hit the sucker a 130 yards ...

4 iron. Given this is with a full swing, I actually hit 5i thru 2H more consistently than any other clubs in my bag. I read (or heard) something before saying that there is always going to be a certain club length "fit for your swing and physique." Not sure if this is true or not. Either way, long irons have always been easiest for me. I tend to pull shorter clubs and slice longer ones. I'd say 3 or 4 iron length is perfect for me.

I played a 4 iron and didn't hit it well so I've always carried a hybrid up until a 5 iron. I feel like now I could hit a 4 iron if not a 3 but hybrids offer so much versatility so it would be a tough seitch

Lately I've been great with my 7. Usually anything scoring 8/9/P is my goto I can count on, but I've been pulling those slightly lately.

I carry a 3 iron that I have plenty of confidence in.

6 iron for sure. Literally hit or miss with the 5 iron.

For me it used to be the 6i, so I switched and placed a 4h and 5h in my bag. Now though, after lessons, I can't seem to hit my hybrids consistently and am considering regripping my 4i and 5i and putting them back in the bag.

What is the longest iron you feel confident gaming?

my longest is my 4iron and I love hitting that club. Strange for a higher cap player to love a long iron but I am comfident with it for lay up tee shots on shorter holes or dogels etc and also par5 layup second shots too. Heading into a green I will of course feel more confident with shorter irons and prefer them for that but if I am at my 4iron distance as long as not in the rough stuff I enjoy hitting that club for the approach too.

I did the same as you are feeling with the hyb's. My new set last year I decided to go with the 3,4hybs and drop the 3,4irons. But strugled to hit them for so long that i finally said to myself "why am I insisting on using these clubs and beating myself up with them when I love my 4iron?" So I dropped the hybs and put the 4i back in the bag however I then got a LW too so I no longer carry a 3i which never seen much use anyway. Only rare do find myself in a necessary 3iron distance where i wish I still had it. If i do I just swing the 5w nice and easy to take a touch off (as if i'm that good lol). But having the LW vs that 3i has proved far more benneficial than the 3i ever was.

5i is the iron I hit well. I cant hit a 4i but not with the most consistency.

I carry a 3 iron that I have plenty of confidence in.

And you hit thing beautifully dude, I love watching you launch that thing effortlessly.

For me, it's the 3 iron.

P.S. I'm amazed at how many folks said 6 or 5 iron, because I'm used to 3-pw being the 'standard' clubs below the woods/metals. I guess hybrids came into vogue during my last recess from golf. I haven’t played any hybrids, although I did demo the Titleist 913H and 913H.d briefly. They were ok.... I guess I’ll have to get some more experience with hybrids.

...What is the longest iron you feel confident gaming?

8i is my go to club. Lowest is 6i and I'm regretting getting the 5h because I think with some improvements I've made I could hit a normal 5i

with my old set of mizuno's it was the 7 iron, sometimes six. Would NEVER consider hitting the 3 or 4, and the 5 was spotty at best. Swallowed my pride and went with a used set of rocketbladez... dare i say the 4 and 5 are back in play!!

Just about 2 months ago I went from the 4 iron as the longest down to 5 iron. Really has to do with how much better I was hitting the Mashie hybrids in terms of consistency.

PW, thats about it

4 iron. Seems odd that it pretty much always out performs my 5 and 6 irons.

I was hitting them all pretty well on the range this morning but the Baffler XL SW will get the nod for this thread since it was the last club I swung.

I hit my 58 degree Cleveland S wedge very well today. This club is so much fun from 70 yards in!

Back