Going to the US Open any suggestik

Accordnc

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys me and my father are going to our first PGA event tomorrow for a practice round and Friday for a regular round. I'm going to all on you guys vast knowledge. Any suggestions for a newbie and our facts for my knowledge. Like can we take collapsible chairs?
Thanks in advance
Brian

sent from my galaxy S5

Kind of late, but the website for the USGA has a list of items you can/can't bring in. Bring your credit card - they have a huge merchandise tent with lot of stuff. I consider myself lucky as I got out with only $90 damage (hat, towels, cup, bag tag souvenirs) - my Masters visits costed hundred(s). Don't wash your car until afterwards - it'll get totally dirty from the dusty parking lots - but parking is free. Find a good course layout map somewhere. What they give you doesn't tell you much. I walked all 18 to get an appreciation for the course. Biggest impression for me was how hot the weather was getting, how dried up the course was, especially around the edges of the fairway, and how tight the lies throughout the entire course from tee to green was. I expect we'll see a lot of putts from 30 yds off the greens.

Heading to Pinehurst for Saturday. Can't wait! Don't plan on bringing anything besides myself, the clothes on my back, and my wallet. Should probably leave the wallet at home! LOL.

The plan right now is to get there early, follow the first group in the morning while it's "cool"ish, and then head to the air conditioned tents for when the temperature jacks up to holy heck.

I have a sister who is volunteering at the event, helping with a vendor. She told me there is a whole list of items that couldn't be brought in. I have her currently sneaking some pictures with her phone (which she wasn't supposed to have as a vendor). She told me Phil walked right by her yesterday after practicing.

Anyways have fun and drink plenty of water. It's hot out there.....

http://usta.usopen.org/US-Open/what_can_you_bring/

7. The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:

• Backpacks
  • Hard coolers or like containers
  • Sealed packages of any kind
  • Bottles or cans (glass or metal)
  • Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices
  • Alcohol
  • Video cameras or recording devices
  • Computers or laptops
  • Food (except in limited quantities, or for medical, dietary or infant purposes)
  • Weapons
  • Animals (unless a service animal)
  • Flags, banners or signs
  • Any materials constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
  • Laser pointing devices
  • Tennis racquets
  • Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the US Open personnel, in their sole discretion

Not even going to ask why tennis racquets are mentioned specificially. Obviously someone, somewhere did something stupid at some point.

Have Fun would be my #1 suggestion

http://usta.usopen.org/US-Open/what_can_you_bring/

7. The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:

• Backpacks
  • Hard coolers or like containers
  • Sealed packages of any kind
  • Bottles or cans (glass or metal)
  • Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices
  • Alcohol
  • Video cameras or recording devices
  • Computers or laptops
  • Food (except in limited quantities, or for medical, dietary or infant purposes)
  • Weapons
  • Animals (unless a service animal)
  • Flags, banners or signs
  • Any materials constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
  • Laser pointing devices
  • Tennis racquets
  • Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the US Open personnel, in their sole discretion

Not even going to ask why tennis racquets are mentioned specificially. Obviously someone, somewhere did something stupid at some point.

This list is from the tennis US Open.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

My only question, can you sneak in your cell phone?

Ok, here we go ...

http://usga.usopen.com/spectatorinfo/guidelines.html?nid=6

Spectators, volunteers and staff will not be allowed on the shuttle buses or through an Admission Gate with any of the items listed below. Please be sure to read the following list of prohibited items carefully:

No Cell Phones — including any cell phones with photographic capabilities
No PDAs and/or other Portable E-mail Devices
No Noise Producing Electronic Devices
No Cameras and/or Camcorders (other than Monday through Wednesday for personal photographic use only and without their cases)
No Bag larger than 8"W x 8"H x 8" D in its natural state
No Cases and/or Covers (such as chair or umbrella covers)
No Signs, Posters and/or Banners
No Televisions and/or Radios
No Food and/or Beverage
No Containers and/or Coolers
No Pets (other than service animals)
No Lawn and/or Folding Armchairs
No Bicycles
No Ladders
No Metal-spiked Golf Shoes
No Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
Any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USGA and/or Championship Security Personnel, in their sole discretion.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

No cell phones allowed. That's crazy ...

No cell phones allowed. That's crazy ...

Dumb rule, most of the tournaments now allow them.

Read one guy on another forum said he drops his in the basket of his umbrella and carries it in that way

Back