DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great time with you today baldguy. Maybe next time we will actually play some real golf. Can't believe how bad we hit the ball all day. But it WAS fun.

Had a great time with you today baldguy. Maybe next time we will actually play some real golf. Can't believe how bad we hit the ball all day. But it WAS fun.

I had a great time too. scorecard be damned. Next time let's tee it up as the sun is coming up and GTFO before the temp hits 95 :D

We were talking about a tyler/canton weekend at lunch. Is that far enough east? :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tyler's three hours out for me. Not saying it couldn't be done, I'm just limited to a single day. I could leave early in the AM and come back same day, just wouldn't be able to tee off before 11 AM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have time to figure it out. 3BD had the idea so talk to him bit iirc he was thinking septemberish.

Btw thanks for only posting this one of me. People will think my swing was better today than it really was :D

Had a great time playing with Steve today along with his buddy. Champions Circle was in decent shape but I still do not like that course for some reason, although I will play it again.

A day late, a putt left short...or something like that... Definitely had fun, even with the guy in front of us "getting to hit 2 balls" -- whatever that meant. Hope your round today at Texas Star went better, although I saw the pic of the Great Easter Egg Hunt in June. HA!!

Headed out to Meadowbrook tomorrow at 715. For anyone else getting out tomorrow, hit em straight!

Glad we weren't scheduled to play today. Rain like this in June is really strange.

Glad we weren't scheduled to play today. Rain like this in June is really strange.

Baldguy and I just finished a round with most of it in the rain--we did sit under a tree during a heavy downpour for about 10 mins, but it let up and we had the course to ourselves to finish in light rain. Happy to say the work with the orange whip cured most of my left pulls and I shot a respectable 79.

Went from hitting maybe 5 greens at Texas Star to hitting 10 today and several just on the fringe to convert the par.

Anyone want my Tangle Ridge idealgolfer pass? Must be use by the 15th of June. I thought it was for Prairie Lakes:banghead:
If you still have it let me know. I could use it next weekend. Just DM me.

If any of you are interested in the west coast event, jump in that thread and let them know. JB is looking to see what kind of interest there is for an event out that way. I know that I would love to attend something out there next year.

Trying to gauge the interest of you all for an outing in July sometime. I am thinking of taking a vacation day on a weekday and trying to get in 36, preferably at two different courses. Since I am taking off I want to make this a special time and was thinking of playing at Old American (http://theoldamericangolfclub.com) and the Tribute (http://www.thetributegc.com) or the likes. I know that these course can be pricey so if there is enough interest and the group consensus is to go somewhere else I am open to suggestions. I know there is Firewheel and McKinney Golf Club where there are 36 holes at the same complex as well. Let me know your thoughts and I will start piecing it together based on the interest.

Trying to gauge the interest of you all for an outing in July sometime. I am thinking of taking a vacation day on a weekday and trying to get in 36, preferably at two different courses. Since I am taking off I want to make this a special time and was thinking of playing at Old American (http://theoldamericangolfclub.com) and the Tribute (http://www.thetributegc.com) or the likes. I know that these course can be pricey so if there is enough interest and the group consensus is to go somewhere else I am open to suggestions. I know there is Firewheel and McKinney Golf Club where there are 36 holes at the same complex as well. Let me know your thoughts and I will start piecing it together based on the interest.

We were talking about taking a trip up to Winstar in July, hooking up with folks from Houston, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Missouri. Trying to make it a special weekend for us all to get together. Would that work out for you?
I could possibly do a Friday like that, but that would be it for me. Would love to do Old American and then get on the Tribute again. Really enjoyed that course this winter.

Since I have a six month old and a two and a half year old I would prefer not to leave my wife alone for an entire weekend. Doing it on a weekday would be best since they go to daycare then.

Weekdays are tough, but I'm down for a WinStar. Anyone looking to play Saturday yet in DFW?

Weekdays are tough, but I'm down for a WinStar. Anyone looking to play Saturday yet in DFW?

I booked a 6:45AM at Country View in Lancaster today. What do you have in mind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also looking for a Saturday round. Oakmont is always an option if you guys want ;)

Also looking for a Saturday round. Oakmont is always an option if you guys want ;)

I figured you would at Seemore. What time?

any time anywhere. whatever works for you guys. I should have my new shafts installed tomorrow, just excited to get out and swing

any time anywhere. whatever works for you guys. I should have my new shafts installed tomorrow, just excited to get out and swing

I'd like to try your club sometime but we have people coming over Saturday afternoon. I just grabbed a tee time close to the house.

I could get there by then but it might be a little far and early for Jacob. you guys figure it out and save me a spot. fwiw, starting early at oakmont you'd probably be home around the same time. WardF and I have done a few 6:20 rounds and I get home in time to start work at 9:30. IJS :D

I could get there by then but it might be a little far and early for Jacob. you guys figure it out and save me a spot. fwiw, starting early at oakmont you'd probably be home around the same time. WardF and I have done a few 6:20 rounds and I get home in time to start work at 9:30. IJS :D

Are you talking 6:20 AM!? I'd need to sleep in the parking lot!
I need to get up there sometime. There has to be something between Corinth & Waxahachie.

Are you talking 6:20 AM!? I'd need to sleep in the parking lot!
I need to get up there sometime. There has to be something between Corinth & Waxahachie.

There are lots of options between here and there. I didn't realize you were all the way down in Waxahachie... my cousin lives there and I never visit ;). let's let jacob ring in on what time he can be somewhere in DFW and we can grab a tee time. I'm down to drive, especially if it's a fun course

I'll be in Saginaw Friday night, I'll play any time Saturday morning. This is ya'lls backyard though--tell me where to go and I'll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back