DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of options between here and there. I didn't realize you were all the way down in Waxahachie... my cousin lives there and I never visit ;). let's let jacob ring in on what time he can be somewhere in DFW and we can grab a tee time. I'm down to drive, especially if it's a fun course

You should visit Ellis County sometime.
Y'all just let me know. All else fails, we'll plan something ahead of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BTW, guys, just for keeping me and my normal location in mind, I am humbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW, guys, just for keeping me and my normal location in mind, I am humbled.

We play in Ft Worth pretty regularly. We could probably round something up in the mid cities but I'll be in meetings all day tomorrow & won't be able do much checking.

I can book something in the Arlington or Cedar Hill/Mansfield areas on golfnow if you want. i like a few courses around there. early is good with me, too

I can book something in the Arlington or Cedar Hill/Mansfield areas on golfnow if you want. i like a few courses around there. early is good with me, too

That's up to y'all. I love Mansfield National but they don't have discounted rates for walking & I need some exercise.

I'm in with whatever you pick, bald guy, early morning is perfect for me. Big day, but budgeted some golf time in. Don't expect me to be a ringer though!

I'm in with whatever you pick, bald guy, early morning is perfect for me. Big day, but budgeted some golf time in. Don't expect me to be a ringer though!

gawd, I hope you aren't a ringer. keeping up with us is more about advanced level addition than advanced level golf :D

I'm down to walk for sure but I'm also cool with riding. Matthew - do you have room for us on your tee time? I can book something if not.

Early would be great if you have room for one more, I am in the mid-cities so almost anywhere is convenient for me.

gawd, I hope you aren't a ringer. keeping up with us is more about advanced level addition than advanced level golf :D

I'm down to walk for sure but I'm also cool with riding. Matthew - do you have room for us on your tee time? I can book something if not.

Well advanced level addiction is what I bring to the table. Still trying to shake the lesson learned of practicing with foam balls in the backyard though! You wanna talk about hitting everything thin...

I can check in the morning but not sure. If you can grab us something before then, I'm game.

lake arlington has a couple of 7:00ish times for $20 each including cart. That should be a pretty solid deal. definitely not a country club but it's a pretty course for cheap on a saturday.

lake arlington has a couple of 7:00ish times for $20 each including cart. That should be a pretty solid deal. definitely not a country club but it's a pretty course for cheap on a saturday.

Book it brotha! Bring that hybrid.

Book it brotha! Bring that hybrid.

booked 6:53 Saturday 6/14 at Lake Arlington for 4 people:

1) baldguy
2) Matthew
3) jacob.komenda
4) kapsularian

awwww damnit.... I just realized... the course is on temporary greens. it wasn't obvious in the booking but that explains the cheap rate. I'll eat the cost of canceling if you guys want to go somewhere else.

DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

7 works great! I'll be there at 6:30 practicing!

Edit, 6:23!

Last edited:
booked 6:53 Saturday 6/14 at Lake Arlington for 4 people:

1) baldguy
2) Matthew
3) jacob.komenda
4) kapsularian

awwww damnit.... I just realized... the course is on temporary greens. it wasn't obvious in the booking but that explains the cheap rate. I'll eat the cost of canceling if you guys want to go somewhere else.

That's fine by me. I played Sherril Park last Friday & it was junk. More dirt than grass on the greens.

i swear nothing showed up about temporary greens until the confirmation page. I don't know how much that will suck or not, never played on temporary greens. I'm also not sure I can cancel without paying the $80 greens fees... I will call them in the morning to see what's up but if y'all want to play somewhere else I totally understand.

i swear nothing showed up about temporary greens until the confirmation page. I don't know how much that will suck or not, never played on temporary greens. I'm also not sure I can cancel without paying the $80 greens fees... I will call them in the morning to see what's up but if y'all want to play somewhere else I totally understand.
I'm pretty sure only the 16th is on a temp green from the vandalism in like December. at least that was the case when I played it 2-3 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure only the 16th is on a temp green from the vandalism in like December. at least that was the case when I played it 2-3 weeks ago

if that is true then it's not a problem... I guess for such a cheap rate we can take our chances. I know I can definitely use an extra excuse as to why my score is so high :D

well maybe we are not so lucky. from their website:

"We will be moving to temporary greens effective May 21 during our transition to Champion ultradwarf bermudagrass on all 18 holes. This durable strain maintains high density during extreme temperatures and at low mowing heights, delivering smooth, consistent putting surfaces throughout the year. The Champion ultradwarf provides top-quality conditions on an everyday basis and is much more cold tolerant than the previous variety. The strain has been successfully installed at some of the top golf courses in Texas and around the country."

Well advanced level addiction is what I bring to the table. Still trying to shake the lesson learned of practicing with foam balls in the backyard though! You wanna talk about hitting everything thin...

Sounds like we'll have a blast then.

if that is true then it's not a problem... I guess for such a cheap rate we can take our chances. I know I can definitely use an extra excuse as to why my score is so high :D

Wait a dang minute, I was planning on using that one! Thanks for setting this up buddy.

well maybe we are not so lucky. from their website:

"We will be moving to temporary greens effective May 21 during our transition to Champion ultradwarf bermudagrass on all 18 holes. This durable strain maintains high density during extreme temperatures and at low mowing heights, delivering smooth, consistent putting surfaces throughout the year. The Champion ultradwarf provides top-quality conditions on an everyday basis and is much more cold tolerant than the previous variety. The strain has been successfully installed at some of the top golf courses in Texas and around the country."
wow I knew nothing about this. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm going to try to book something else in the morning for the same time in the same area. I don't feel right about asking you guys to play on temporary greens just because golfnow's site didn't mention them until it was too late. The last time I played Lake Arlington was last August and it was in good shape then... we don't get together often enough to do it at a bad course.

Timberview has a morning deal on saturdays ($70 for two green fees, one cart, and a 6-pack of beer! or substitute something for the beer) and according to reviews has been much improved over the past few months. Would anyone be opposed to moving there, or has anyone played it lately?

Their website says that all the greens are temporary for replacement as of May 21.

Their website says that all the greens are temporary for replacement as of May 21.

yeah I figured that out a bit too late. I'm trying to move it to somewhere else... even if they charge my card for the greens fees I will eat the cost. playing temp greens doesn't sound fun. I think Timberview could be fun. recent reviews say it's in great shape and it's $27 each or $35 with the free beer deal, and they have a 7:10 time open. I've never played there though.

What about Chester Ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back