What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Playing the Z start XV now and still loving it. Good quality tour ball and seeing the same distances with comparable tour balls on the home course--This is shaping up to be the MC ball of choice.

Played the RBZ Urethane tonight. Academy had them for $9.99 a dozen. Obviously you get what you pay for. It's like a urethane covered rock. Couldn't get it to travel at all. Gaming the SuperSofts this weekend. Hope they perform well for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dick's has the Supersofts on sale for $15/dozen. Good value ball.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

If they work for me, I will go buy a couple extra dozen. I love the e6, but finding orange is hard. This yellow on the SS is pretty high vis too. I need it, for as often as I am off the fairway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Golfsmith will match that as well. Deuce I am assuming you will be stopping at the giant golfsmith since you are in Raleigh.

TaylorMade Tour Preferred X, the feel while putting is awesome. Wears quite fast though.

I agree w/ Castor here. If this ball had the durability of say, a Bridgestone, then TM would be tough to beat all around.

Interesting. I had a dozen of the Tour Preferred X in my hand but backed away at the last minute. I might just grab them tonight

Played a Z star for probably the last 12 holes today and i freaking loved it! i have 5 more to use and im really happy with them as of now. Still gonna try the Q star but i am very impressed with Srixon as of right now :)

Played last year's Callaway Hex Hot Pro. Still really like this ball, and find it plenty comparable to the Bridgestone e6 for staying straight and getting great trajectory with my irons, as well as feeling pretty nice off the putter. Sure, they don't grab quite as much around the greens, but I think they still get a good bit of spin for a non-urethane ball, IMO.

Definitely have seen some distance gains since moving to the 2014 b330rx from the e6. Just feels so much better to me around the greens too although I'm not seeing the drastic increase in spin I was hoping for. I now know its my technique and not the ball, still love the distance and feel tho

I've been gaming the b330rx-s, its a nice ball. Rolls & feels great off the putter

Played the Nike 2013 20XI-X for nine today & what strange ball! Feels hard & loud off the driver but nice off the irons & wedges. Firm off the putter but didnt mind that. Full short irons & wedges spun heaps though, which I wasn't expect with how hard it felt off the driver. Durability might not be so flash though, short irons fish gilled them. Got 3 dozen for $25 per doz so cheap! Can anyone comment on the 20XI? Do they feel abit softer?

Played the B330-RX last night in league for a bit of change of pace, just a solid reminder of why I love that ball so much. Good control around the greens and even though I wasn't getting off the tee well last night, it still left me with a good chance to recover.

Played the Nike 2013 20XI-X for nine today & what strange ball! Feels hard & loud off the driver but nice off the irons & wedges. Firm off the putter but didnt mind that. Full short irons & wedges spun heaps though, which I wasn't expect with how hard it felt off the driver. Durability might not be so flash though, short irons fish gilled them. Got 3 dozen for $25 per doz so cheap! Can anyone comment on the 20XI? Do they feel abit softer?

They are a little softer than the X, but they aren't as soft as a lot of other options out there. While they aren't the best feeling balls I really like how they perform. I think the 20XI-X has the biggest difference from low spin on the driver to high spin on the short game of any ball I have played.

I think the 20XI-X has the biggest difference from low spin on the driver to high spin on the short game of any ball I have played.

Think your on the money there. Miss hit one of my drives (pull fade) but it more or less went straight. Was an off centre hit & the noise off the Driver was loud, made my razr fit sound like my old FT-5! Walked down the fairway thinking man these feel hard. Left myself with a comfortable 9 iron into the green. Hit my next shot & it felt great, landed close to the pin but spun back to the front. Dropped another to check if it was a fluke but went after it, hit pin high & spun it to the front of the green. Left me thinking these are great preforming balls with maybe a acquired feel. Will have a full 18 today with them. Be interesting to see how they hold up.

Played a Titleist Velocity Wednesday at my playing lesson. Used it for "less spin" off of my driver. Compared to ProV1. No real difference in driver distance. 9 iron w Velocity flew 145, rolled to about 150. Even my teacher was impressed w that distance from me.

Played a Wilson Duo. Generally not too bad for the price. I got decent distance off the tee, much straighter drives and they stopped pretty quick on the greens. Plus they just feel like you hit them a ton because of how soft they are. I'll keep playing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sticking with the Srixion SL's until I can't find them anymore, I really like this ball, dependable iron distances and enough spin when I need it.

Callaway super soft. Just love this ball.have never had a ball work so well for my game.

I have finally gotten to play a few rounds with the SR2, I like the performance so far, a slightly softer feel than the Hex Black Tour and a bit more responsiveness around the green.

I am sticking with the Srixion SL's until I can't find them anymore, I really like this ball, dependable iron distances and enough spin when I need it.

Lostgolfballs.com has the SL's on sale for $5.99 a dozen AAAA(near mint)white or yellow. You can pick up 6 dozen for around $50 shipped.

I played the 2012(i believe) version of the pro v1 and pro v1x today. Played the front with the Pro Vx and the back with the pro V. What a difference it makes compared to the duo/e6/callaway SS that I've been playing. The proVx gave me a flatter flight than the proV. It was nice having the ball stop only a couple feet from my pitch mark. Usually I get a hop and a roll out with what I've been playing lately. It helped when I wanted to attack some pins When I had wedges in hand.

I did find a sr2 in the woods so I hope I can get a couple holes out of it before I donate it.

So I did a little head to head with the Callaway SuperSoft and Bridgestone e6 today on the course. While I like the performance of both offerings on the greens the e6 is far superior IMO. Going to keep working with both of them.

Bridgestone Tour B330. Great ball all around. Just suits my game.

Callaway Supersoft... Just continues to be a good match for me and my game. Nice soft feel off every club.

Back