Magic: The Gathering, any MTG players out there?

nikkoplease

Reaction score
Handicap
~15
hey just wondering if there are other mtg players out there. if so, what format do you play and decks do you run?

Oh man, I remember that game from back in high school. Lots of my friends played but I never did. Was more fun to buy the card packs and sell the good ones to them. They were happy to pay too. Pretty much funded me in those days

mtg is probably at it's peak in popularity right now. Grand Prix tourneys have been setting record numbers. Last year at Vegas there were 4500 players in the main tourney.

card prices are also outta control, so i understand why some people have to choose between being a club ho or an mtg player

Didn't know it was still so popular. Maybe I just stopped paying attention after hs. I do remember when it came about in the 90s that pretty much everyone had a deck on them.

My sons have just started collecting & playing in the last year. I ask them How many points of damage can Pikachu do?

They tell me to go hit balls in the backyard...

I played this during high school. This game took so much money from me so addictive. One day I remember buying 5 packages of the latest edition out(5th) I believe. As most people would stop after the 5, I then went on and bought another 6 or 7. So many great memories of this game. My workplace (a trade and convention centre) we hosted a Magic the gathering tournament just last year, was suprised to see how many people still play the game. Very interesting and flashback to my youth. Oh man now I feel old.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I played in high school. Them my mom threw away the cards. Never played again.

I won a local box tournament with a white weenie deck that I still have. That was close to 15 years ago at this point. No doubt a lot of the cards in the deck are no longer legal, I should try to see what they are worth.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

pretty crazy that white weenies is always gonna be an archetype. i had a ww deck last standard season.

I use to Dibble. Still have 2 baseball card boxes full of them

Me and my brother just started playing maybe a few months ago. Right now he is running a black red deck, and i've been playing around with some different deck combos. Right now I have a blue white deck that I am willing to try.

I played in college, sold all my cards for around $500 right after I got married.

My 12 year old nephew just started playing, he showed me his decks and I didn't recognize a single card. I used to have a red/black deck that was pretty stacked.

Played a lot in hs, sold my cards last year for a few thousands.

Its crazy how much these alpha and beta cards are worth

Play Paper Pauper every Monday. Never got in to standard. I can't see dropping $300-$400 to be competitive. Although I do a have a rather large X-Wing minature game collection

Back