2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Still think it's gonna be an entertaining weekend. I'd still take the field over Kaymer.

even with a 7 shot lead?
Day isn't done. And yes. Still a lot of golf left. Still too early to take one guy over the rest of the field IMO.

even with a 7 shot lead?

Lot of big name guys going out now as well as 2 more full days of golf. I definitely dont think its over yet.

it's the US open...7 stroke lead means less than any other tournament in my opinion, and while obviously Kaymer is in great shape, i'd bet right now that if he wins, it won't be by more than 2-3 stokes max.

Is there any chance the ESPN feed can move off their 5 minute stare at the amateur in Phil's group? You know, like some actual golf action? Sheesh.

Way to go Phil. And he has a Par 5 coming up. Just hope he can avoid the dumb mistakes today.

Phil putting well with conventional grip

Lot of big name guys going out now as well as 2 more full days of golf. I definitely dont think its over yet.

I never said it was over, but I like his odds

Just from looking at some of the scores, I'm guessing the back 9 is more difficult than the front.

Maybe I'm crazy. But I'm not counting Jason Day out. -1 and a birdie putt coming up. Then on to the front 9 with at least 3 birdie holes to be played. If he can get to -3 or -4. He's capable of low rounds on the weekend.

just noticed bubba is +6 through 2 rounds....#Letdown

US Open and Bubba might not mix. You know, having to hit fairways and all.
He should take lessons from that PhillyV fella if he needs fairways.

US Open and Bubba might not mix. You know, having to hit fairways and all.

Dude I wanted to root for him here but I know how turning the ball on a course like this and these greens would effect him. No chance

I love the interview with some of the guys saying Kaymer is apparently playing a different course. He is in rare form. If he can Par out over the weekend, that may be all it takes.

Dude I wanted to root for him here but I know how turning the ball on a course like this and these greens would effect him. No chance

I think he also "out thought" himself by deciding to lay back and not be aggressive. Should have stuck with his strength like Dustin Jonson has done.

I love the interview with some of the guys saying Kaymer is apparently playing a different course. He is in rare form. If he can Par out over the weekend, that may be all it takes.
The best part about a US Open is that even that isn't guaranteed, but it's tough to argue with the way Kaymer is playing right now.

I think he also "out thought" himself by deciding to lay back and not be aggressive. Should have stuck with his strength like Dustin Jonson has done.

I agree, wedges and 8 irons instead of 5 and 6 irons are a huge difference

Parring out during a weekend at the US Open is easier said than done.

Kaymer has the perfect game for this course, if he holds it together through tomorrow it will be his I think. His putter is ridiculous right now.

Back