2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice GG!

Today's workout of T25 and yoga is done! I am a day behind because I was sick on Monday so I have another workout tomorrow and then rest on Sunday. I just learned that T25 has a stretch workout that I can be doing on Sunday. I had no idea it existed. I may try that, it might be a good way to help my muscles recover.

High five GG. Way to get it done!

Dont go getting all slim and trim and walk out on me now. :D
Time to eat a nice bag of cheese and follow it up with onion rings, french fries and of course a ladel full of ranch.

Saw an advert this morning for the Insanity workout - has anyone done it and seen the supposed results you get in just 60 days that it advertises?

Got my exercise today walking round a place called The Forbidden Corner here in the UK which is a great place to go for a family day out. They call it a 'folly' and the best description I can give is it is a mixture of gardens, mazes and puzzles all rolled into one

I would highly recommend it if you were in the area

Saw an advert this morning for the Insanity workout - has anyone done it and seen the supposed results you get in just 60 days that it advertises?

Got my exercise today walking round a place called The Forbidden Corner here in the UK which is a great place to go for a family day out. They call it a 'folly' and the best description I can give is it is a mixture of gardens, mazes and puzzles all rolled into one

I believe Mike Dean did Insanity, he might be able to answer that question for you.

I am doing the shorter version from Shaun T called T25, and so far I really like it. It's nonstop for 25 minutes, plus 2-3 minutes after of a cool down. I literally start sweating within the first 5 minutes and don't stop until about 10 minutes after the workout.

Yes I did it for 4 months nonstop.

alot of the weight loss was diet but the calories burned here was real solid. I think it ended up being like 56 pounds in a few months, most of which was lost in the first 30 days.

Yes I did it for 4 months nonstop.

alot of the weight loss was diet but the calories burned here was real solid. I think it ended up being like 56 pounds in a few months, most of which was lost in the first 30 days.

Agreed. If you stick with it the results are real.

I did it for a month, you get out what you put in.

At 300lbs when I did it I didn't lose any weight but built up my endurance and stamina a good bit. Problem is I have no place to do it now.

I did it for a month, you get out what you put in.

At 300lbs when I did it I didn't lose any weight but built up my endurance and stamina a good bit. Problem is I have no place to do it now.

I think the bold part above is true for all workouts. It really is about what you put into it.

Thanks guys, it would probably be a while before I could manage it just now but I might try to build up to it

I believe Mike Dean did Insanity, he might be able to answer that question for you.

I am doing the shorter version from Shaun T called T25, and so far I really like it. It's nonstop for 25 minutes, plus 2-3 minutes after of a cool down. I literally start sweating within the first 5 minutes and don't stop until about 10 minutes after the workout.

I wasn't aware that T25 was a shorter version, might look into that to begin with, thanks GG

Nasty workout today:
Warm-up:
3x
10 air squats
10 box jumps
10 kb swings at 16kg

4x8 squats at 155#

Metcon
25 split jumps
25 box jumps
25 deadlifts at 95#
25 wall balls with 14# ball
25 dips on box
25 wall balls
25 deadlifts
25 box jumps
25 split jumps
16:45 pleased with that time. I really focused on landing light with the box jumps so I don't tear my ankle ligament again.

My personal Beachbody coach (also known as the wife) received today the Les Mills pump kit with videos and barbell. She's like a kid on xmas morning. I may give it a try too. Looks pretty cool.

Since I was sick on Monday today was like my Friday for working out. I kicked butt on the leg workout today with T25. I actually did a lot better than last time, and even surprised myself with how well i was keeping up without needing to modify. I sadly can't say the same about the ab workout (they recommend doing 2 workouts on Friday). With my lower back issues, I struggle a lot with ab workouts. I do what I can for that one, and modify if possible, but some moves I just can't do.

My Garmin fitness watch says I have already walked 10K steps, so I am really happy about that. It's been an active day! I am looking forward to some rest and stretching tomorrow.

My personal Beachbody coach (also known as the wife) received today the Les Mills pump kit with videos and barbell. She's like a kid on xmas morning. I may give it a try too. Looks pretty cool.

I had no idea they came out with that. I used to love body pump when I belonged to a gym. I would love to hear what her feedback is once she get started with it.

With my lower back issues, I struggle a lot with ab workouts. I do what I can for that one, and modify if possible, but some moves I just can't do.

Same here GG. Situps are the worst especially if you have a history of herniated discs. Crunches, ab roller, leg raises and planks are much better. Anything that keeps the lower back relatively flat.

Really hoping to get back in this this coming week. Great job to all who have kept grinding it out

I've started going to the gym for the past couple weeks and swing is a bit of a mess now anyone else go through this. I love the gym but hate how my swing has left me.

Chest and back this am at 5. Felt good to be productive early.

I saw my sister this weekend and she said I look like I have lost weight. Hearing it from both her and Josh has really amped up my motivation. Today is the dreaded total body circuit with T25, but I am ready to kill it!

I am happy to report I am down 7 pounds from what I was a few short weeks ago.

Increased water intake, daily vitamin (due to poor diet), increased activity level.

Still a long way to go, but if know I can get there!

I am happy to report I am down 7 pounds from what I was a few short weeks ago.

Increased water intake, daily vitamin (due to poor diet), increased activity level.

Still a long way to go, but if know I can get there!

Congrats on the number! Big changes coming for you dude.

I saw my sister this weekend and she said I look like I have lost weight. Hearing it from both her and Josh has really amped up my motivation. Today is the dreaded total body circuit with T25, but I am ready to kill it!

Awesome news GG. Positive reinforcement is huge - especially from those you love. Keep it up!

Workout complete! That full body circuit workout kicks my butt. One day I will be able to complete it without modifying....one day. I got some yoga in too, so I am feeling good. I have this weird desire to go for a run right now, but I don't want to overdo it and then not be able to work out tomorrow. Plus it's a billion degrees outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back