Trying To Break 90 Club

Im the opposite, i find it easier to keep my focus when i walk

I would choose walking over riding every time, but some of the courses my league plays are demanding with very long hills and long walks to the next tee box. It seems like every time I ride (because I am playing with someone who never walks) I am shooting in the very low 90's or on pace to mid 80's.

better round this morning. Still some frustration out there, but a couple of long putts and some good wedge play kept it from being too terrible. 46/46 on my home course. exactly my handicap. no harm, no foul.

better round this morning. Still some frustration out there, but a couple of long putts and some good wedge play kept it from being too terrible. 46/46 on my home course. exactly my handicap. no harm, no foul.

good, only a few strokes away from that 89

good, only a few strokes away from that 89

sadly, that's been the trend lately. one 88 and one 100+ something but nearly all of my rounds are in the 90-94 range. The frustrating thing is that the strokes never come from the same problem, round-to-round. Driver will be great but irons suck. Driver sucks but irons and wedges are great. Everything else clicks but putter is on vacation... it's always something. Consistently inconsistent :D

I'm going to try that drill. something small is off with my swing right now, I think... it might just be position. the last two rounds notwithstanding, I have been very consistent with my irons for about a month. suddenly all of that changed. this might be the ticket to get me back to where I was just a couple of weeks ago

It actually put my hands further under me than I was used to but I can't argue with results.

Almost did it today, Played this morning and shot a 91. 45/46 started off with a double and quad, no warm up. Ended the round with two doubles, no breakfast so might have needed a boost there in the end. Had three pars and a birdie. Three putted twice.

Shot 93 today.
But
I got 5, 5, 6, 6 on the par 3s. They aren't the easiest par 3s to play, but can easily be bogeyed with a tee shot in the right places. Really disappointed with these scores - lost 10 strokes on par 3s alone :/

Shot 93 today.
But
I got 5, 5, 6, 6 on the par 3s. They aren't the easiest par 3s to play, but can easily be bogeyed with a tee shot in the right places. Really disappointed with these scores - lost 10 strokes on par 3s alone :/

wow, save a few strokes on the par 3s and you got it, was it the tee shot that cost you, poor chipping or the putting?

wow, save a few strokes on the par 3s and you got it, was it the tee shot that cost you, poor chipping or the putting?
On three of them it was the tee shot - thinned an 8i, cut a 4h into deep rough, hooked a 3w. The last par 3 was just bad decision making - tried to go over a tree with the 60* when I could easily go under it with a 7i :banghead:
I two putted all of them though, lipping out on two of those holes too :L

42/41 today for an 83. PB by 5 total strokes... granted it was a par 70 course, but still :)

89 today. Third time breaking 90. No part of the game was great but nothing was bad either. I'm happy.

Had a rough start this morning, but still kept it close. 48 45 93. Try again tomorrow I suppose.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

89 today. Third time breaking 90. No part of the game was great but nothing was bad either. I'm happy.
sometimes the best rounds are when everyting is just okay, congrats
42/41 today for an 83. PB by 5 total strokes... granted it was a par 70 course, but still :)
nice! congrats on the PB!

I just played a quick nine, and played 43, and it was really nice, I didnt miss a GIR before the 5th hole.

the only thing that annoys me, is that it is on a new course, which doesnt have slope/rating yet. it is really nice, and harder than where I usualy play, but I dont know how to enter it for my handicap

After taking up golf a few years ago, I spent much of my time shooting anywhere from 120's or higher, to mid to high 110's last season.
THP has inspired me to take the game more seriously, I took lessons...

This spring I started off shooting low 100's, and it was an improvement, But I was stymied by me lack of putting it together to see my scores dropping.
Fast forward to the last 2 weeks, My scores are coming in in the mid 90's (96-92), and I would consider it HUGE to make a trip into the 80's.
I will look for this thread to provide some guidance in my short term quest for 80's scores.

I look forward to continuing my improvement!

I just played a quick nine, and played 43, and it was really nice, I didnt miss a GIR before the 5th hole.

the only thing that annoys me, is that it is on a new course, which doesnt have slope/rating yet. it is really nice, and harder than where I usualy play, but I dont know how to enter it for my handicap
i don't think you can, if it's not yet rated. I'm sure they will get it done though... maybe sooner if you mention that you'd like it

Off to the course for an early round time to put up a good round!

After taking up golf a few years ago, I spent much of my time shooting anywhere from 120's or higher, to mid to high 110's last season.
THP has inspired me to take the game more seriously, I took lessons...

This spring I started off shooting low 100's, and it was an improvement, But I was stymied by me lack of putting it together to see my scores dropping.
Fast forward to the last 2 weeks, My scores are coming in in the mid 90's (96-92), and I would consider it HUGE to make a trip into the 80's.
I will look for this thread to provide some guidance in my short term quest for 80's scores.

I look forward to continuing my improvement!

CJ can't wait to see you in this thread regularly bud

3 penalties and a terrible tee game kept me out of the 80's today putting wasn't spectacular either but 3penalties did me in.

Trying To Break 90 Club

sometimes the best rounds are when everyting is just okay, congrats!

I was thinking after the round that rounds like this would end up 95-100 before. It's proof of the work I am putting in both physical and mental. Avoid blowup holes, give myself chances for good scores off the tee, keep working on my short game. It makes practice more enjoyable seeing the results of it.

Played Shadow Lake on Saturday in league play and started out terrible. I forgot what road the course was on and ended up getting there just in time to tee off, meaning only a couple warm up swings with my driver and then beginning. Shot 55 on the front with the most penalty strokes I have had in a very long time including losing balls I saw land and bounce. I wasn't concentrating and felt hurried because of being late but the back nine I told myself to focus and I shot 47 to keep the total at 102. For how bad the front was, I left feeling OK because I managed to keep my composure and play the back nine how I should have played the front.

Best back-to-back rounds all year, went 44-44 on Saturday, then 44-43 yesterday. Two totally different courses and really grinded out a lot of pars, no birdies all weekend. Saturday I mostly kept the ball in play, was a little off with irons, flew 5-6 approaches over the flagstick which seemed to leave tricky downhill putts, none of which were made but a lot of tap-in's. My gps was dead so I think I was pulling an extra club while guessing the distances a little long.

Sunday I knocked it around a bit, but scrambled for some pars & bogeys. For instance, a short par 5: drove the ball into another fairway, hit an 8 iron to get over a large pinetree that clipped the top of the pine and dropped in the correct fairway for 190 yard 3rd shot. Hooked that 20 yards left of the green just in bounds. Chipped that about 10 feet from the pin but had a fast sidehill putt for par. I watched my playing partners all 3 putt or worse, then tapped mine playing about 4 feet of break. They all watched in disbelief as the ball was going nowhere but in the cup when it was about halfway there. My buddy was chipping for eagle from about 5 yards off the green but still dropped a shot.

Had some confidence on the next tee and hit a perfect drive on a dogleg par 4, the 2nd shot was dead into the wind about 160 yards & I drilled 7 iron to about 20 feet, dropped it just over a bunker. Wanted the birdie pretty bad (its the #1 handicap) and knocked the uphill putt 8 feet passed. Again just tapped it coming back down and found the bottom of the cup.

Closing in on 30 rounds this year already and finally some consistency. Need to work on my tempo with the driver and get focused for every shot, every putt.

My fade/cut are sneaking back into slicey territory. When I played Saturday, my irons and wedges were decent but I was killing myself off the tee. I firmly believe that if I can at least manage to keep the tee shot out of the woods, I could break 90 regularly.

After a few frustrating holes, I did shorten up the back swing a bunch and tried to swing a little less but make contact. It helped but being outdriven by that far really gets in my head. It shouldn't but damn!

After seeing some numbers int he high 90s and low 100s my last two rounds have been 88 and 84. I feel like I finally turning a corner with me tee and iron game. I am getting great feedback from wedge shots and around the gree, but for the first time in my life I cannot putt to save my life. I might need a putting lesson to get me back on track.

I was really trying to maintain a light grip on the putter all weekend. I noticed 3 or 4 times each round on 5 footers that I was using a bit of a pop stroke and would even drop the putter on the follow thru. Not sure if it was due to the light grip but I didn't miss many of those short putts.

Back