DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Can't wait. Struggled to find a hotel at first but I'm all set for a lot of fun that weekend

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I am super stoked about the OC Invitational. Nice to have one so close to home. Last one I made it to was in Myrtle. Still a blast but a waay longer drive. Anyone who got in should be excited!

With all this talk about the OC Invitational, it has got me excited about playing this summer. Is anyone playing in the Wounded Warriors Tournament on Monday, August 11th? I play in it every year but I always have to wait until almost the start of the tournament for some of my guys to commit to it. So this year I wanted to get together with some other guys (like yourselves) that take it a little more seriously and would want to commit to it early. And don't back out on me at the last minute like a guy did to me last year.
Maybe you might decide on putting a team together once we all meet up at the OC and get to know each other a little better. Hell ... you guys may tell me to stick it where the sun doesn't shine! :arrogant:

Does anyone know how the putting green and chipping greens are at Reston National? I am going to be at a training class all week near Dulles and that seems like the closet course for me to get some practice on. Thanks

With all this talk about the OC Invitational, it has got me excited about playing this summer. Is anyone playing in the Wounded Warriors Tournament on Monday, August 11th? I play in it every year but I always have to wait until almost the start of the tournament for some of my guys to commit to it. So this year I wanted to get together with some other guys (like yourselves) that take it a little more seriously and would want to commit to it early. And don't back out on me at the last minute like a guy did to me last year.
Maybe you might decide on putting a team together once we all meet up at the OC and get to know each other a little better. Hell ... you guys may tell me to stick it where the sun doesn't shine! :arrogant:

I'm actually looking at putting a team together for this to see if we can raise some cash for a good cause. What course are you thinking about playing at?

Does anyone know how the putting green and chipping greens are at Reston National? I am going to be at a training class all week near Dulles and that seems like the closet course for me to get some practice on. Thanks

Where in Dulles? It's ok but it's always super crowded. More room at 1757, but more $$ too.

I could be down for this as well. Sounds like a great cause

I'm actually looking at putting a team together for this to see if we can raise some cash for a good cause. What course are you thinking about playing at?

I was looking originally at 1757, that's where I played last year. But there are a number of great courses on that day ... I am willing to go anywhere honestly. Reston ($300), Prince William ($220), Generals Ridge ($200), Forest Greens ($200), VA Oaks ($240), and just added .. Meadow Farms - my favorite - and the cheapest ($180). While, of course, 1757 is the most expensive for a foursome at $316

I could be down for this as well. Sounds like a great cause

It is a fantastic cause! It is held on the same day all over the country at different courses. 17 courses so far in Virginia.

I was looking originally at 1757, that's where I played last year. But there are a number of great courses on that day ... I am willing to go anywhere honestly. Reston ($300), Prince William ($220), Generals Ridge ($200), Forest Greens ($200), VA Oaks ($240), and just added .. Meadow Farms - my favorite - and the cheapest ($180). While, of course, 1757 is the most expensive for a foursome at $316

Think my normal foursome is going to do it, just waiting for everyone to confirm. Meadows Farms is a fun course, but a bit of a hike. Luckily it's against traffic both ways... Don't know if we'll be able to get that far out on a Monday though with everyone's schedule. Should know more soon.

It is a fantastic cause! It is held on the same day all over the country at different courses. 17 courses so far in Virginia.

Fantastic is right. I'm going to pester the crap out of everyone I know to donate.

Where in Dulles? It's ok but it's always super crowded. More room at 1757, but more $$ too.

I will be staying at the HomeWood Suites at 13460 Sunrise Valley Road. Seems like a straight shot from there to the course taking Sunrise Valley road. I won't be playing as I likely won't have time, just practicing my chipping and putting, so cost shouldn't be an issue, unless they charge for the practice areas.

I will be staying at the HomeWood Suites at 13460 Sunrise Valley Road. Seems like a straight shot from there to the course taking Sunrise Valley road. I won't be playing as I likely won't have time, just practicing my chipping and putting, so cost shouldn't be an issue, unless they charge for the practice areas.

Yeah that is close. They're usually backed up on weekends, at least they were last few times I played there (last year), so it can get crowded. Don't remember how big the putting green is but it should be in decent shape this time of year. If you find it lacking, there's a large practice green at 1757 which is about 10-15 minute drive. Just a couple exits up 28 from the toll road.

1757 has the best practice facility IMHO in the area.

Yep. Their short game practice area is awesome. Fairway & rough lies all around a good size green and I think 2 or 3 bunkers... They also have grass tees, which is a rarity other than weekend mornings around here. That said, their mats aren't terrible either since they just replaced everything.

Yeah that is close. They're usually backed up on weekends, at least they were last few times I played there (last year), so it can get crowded. Don't remember how big the putting green is but it should be in decent shape this time of year. If you find it lacking, there's a large practice green at 1757 which is about 10-15 minute drive. Just a couple exits up 28 from the toll road.

Thanks Guys! 1757 is still pretty close. I will definitely have to check it out.

Beautiful day here I am playing at Pohick at 3 pretty excited to get out there.

Pohick is in amazing shape! If you live close I recommend trying it out not too costly and a nice challenge, at least for me.

9asazamu.jpg

Great round with my golfing buddy kefees he is a new member to THP. After months of convincing he FINALLY signed up hahahha

Good stuff today man.

It is in great shape. I love playing there. I grew up playing that course when it wasn't nearly as open as it is now. People used to not want to play it because you had to be a billy goat to walk it.

Greendale off Telegraph road in Alexandria also Pohick which is in Lorton off 95 both pretty reasonable.

I volunteer at Pinecrest so I play for free not the best course and short but close and free is something you can't argue with.

I volunteer at Laurel Hill. You should check into volunteering there. It is one of the best courses in Northern VA.

I volunteer at Laurel Hill. You should check into volunteering there. It is one of the best courses in Northern VA. I volunteer there & play for free.
We will play there soon. I promise life gets in the way but I need to get a round with you man. School is almost done so weekday rounds can be had.

I might be interested. Is that the price per team?

We will play there soon. I promise life gets in the way but I need to get a round with you man. School is almost done so weekday rounds can be had.

Do you work in the school system? Hard for me to get in a weekend round unless teeing up around 4:30 or 5pm. I am off every other Friday though.

Do you work in the school system? Hard for me to get in a weekend round unless teeing up around 4:30 or 5pm. I am off every other Friday though.
Yes I do but soon I will be free on Fridays till late August.

Played in a scramble at the Gauntlet in Fredricksburg on Friday......won closest to the pin on a 130 yard par 3. Close to a hole-in-one. Got me a little trophy.

20140613_124752_zps9lorucnk.jpg

20140613_181637_zpsbmuk2bfs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back