i have a few questAT discs in a box somewhere. they made some really interesting molds. pushing design limits that the bigger manufacturers never did... or at least never brought to market.

i need to play more disc golf. It feels good to shoot under par, even if it's a different sport :)

I guess QuestAT golf disc side of the business is basically gone. Shame cuz I think some of his stuff was growing on people, Inferno mainly. All he makes now I think are discs for Salient. His custom molding started taking off again.

Picked up a Latitude 64 River today - I've heard awesome things about this disc, can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Picked up a Latitude 64 River today - I've heard awesome things about this disc, can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Disc glides like a beast, so I have to make a real concerted effort to not throw it too hard or it jumps up into the air too quickly. But if I make a nice flat delivery without too much speed, it just soars with just a little turn.

Disc glides like a beast, so I have to make a real concerted effort to not throw it too hard or it jumps up into the air too quickly. But if I make a nice flat delivery without too much speed, it just soars with just a little turn.

try launching it upward slightly with the nose down slightly. if you can master that, you can throw *bombs* :)

try launching it upward slightly with the nose down slightly. if you can master that, you can throw *bombs* :)

Thanks for the tip man! Will work on that my next time out :D

Got my first birdie last night since starting up disc golfing again (last month)! Slight hyzer hole, tossed my River high with just a little hyzer angle and it settled about 5' from the basket :blob:

Didnt read this whole thread.
I actually enjoy frisbee throwing but I just dont see this as being anything at all related to golf or instead of golf in any way. Too each his own but Has as much to do with golf as one saying "lets go surfing" or skiing or bowling or whatever. Not knocking the game./sport but why golf is even in the name I do not know.

Didnt read this whole thread.
I actually enjoy frisbee throwing but I just dont see this as being anything at all related to golf or instead of golf in any way. Too each his own but Has as much to do with golf as one saying "lets go surfing" or skiing or bowling or whatever. Not knocking the game./sport but why golf is even in the name I do not know.

How is it not related to golf at all? Every course is 18 holes, you score in the same manner (birdie, par, bogey, etc.), the basket is directly analagous to the hole/pin in golf...fairly certain that is much more similar to golf than surfing or skiing.

Pretty similar to golf outside of the equipment IMO. That's like saying surfing and body boarding are not alike at all...

How is it not related to golf at all? Every course is 18 holes, you score in the same manner (birdie, par, bogey, etc.), the basket is directly analagous to the hole/pin in golf...fairly certain that is much more similar to golf than surfing or skiing.

Just because they use the same terminology and 18 holes doesnt make it some form of golf imo. But to each his own opinion. I have no issue with the game, might be fun to play but I would never think of it in place of golf or like i'm playing some form of golf. Simply put its all together a different thing.

Frisbee football is not football is it? Actually that would be much closer to football than this is to golf imo. Your throwing, passing, covering, catching and running. What in this sport aside from the scoring terminology and 18 holes makes it anything golflike. They could have made this game with 10 holes or 25, or whatever, and called it something else, and not used golf terminology for scoring and we wouldnt even be having this conversation right now. But as i said to each his own opinion. Enjoy your Disc golf :) I guess, what can i say?

Just because they use the same terminology and 18 holes doesnt make it some form of golf imo. But to each his own opinion. I have no issue with the game, might be fun to play but I would never think of it in place of golf or like i'm playing some form of golf. Simply put its all together a different thing.

Frisbee football is not football is it? Actually that would be much closer to football than this is to golf imo. Your throwing, passing, covering, catching and running. What in this sport aside from the scoring terminology and 18 holes makes it anything golflike. They could have made this game with 10 holes or 25, or whatever, and called it something else, and not used golf terminology for scoring and we wouldnt even be having this conversation right now. But as i said to each his own opinion. Enjoy your Disc golf :) I guess, what can i say?

I disagree - I would say it's pretty much associated with golf just like Ultimate/"Frisbee football" is to football. But like you said, it's all opinion. Regardless of what it's called, you should try it sometime, because it's fun!

I disagree - I would say it's pretty much associated with golf just like Ultimate/"Frisbee football" is to football. But like you said, it's all opinion. Regardless of what it's called, you should try it sometime, because it's fun!

I do like Frisbee throwing catching etc. I can wing it pretty good and long and get a bit tricky with it too . Is a fun recreation. But as far as finding time to do this Disc golf "hmm, hmm" lol id rather spend it on the golf course.

You clearly have never played disc golf... it is significantly more than Frisbee throwing lol. Get out and try it sometime. The only real difference is the equipment. It is equally as frustrating and equally as fun at the same time. No need to tell us repeatedly that you don't consider it related... Speaking as someone who actively does both, it is related. At least enough to warrant one thread that a few people who also enjoy both can share.

You clearly have never played disc golf... it is significantly more than Frisbee throwing lol. Get out and try it sometime. The only real difference is the equipment. It is equally as frustrating and equally as fun at the same time. No need to tell us repeatedly that you don't consider it related... Speaking as someone who actively does both, it is related. At least enough to warrant one thread that a few people who also enjoy both can share.

I still want to give this a go with you. Plus a trip to Oakmont.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still want to give this a go with you. Plus a trip to Oakmont.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Once I get back from Europe it's on. lowest total score between both rounds wins ;)

No golf carts.? I'm out.

Who told you there were no golf carts?

So many assumptions. There are private courses that offer carts. Most courses are 100% free to play though, so those won't have any staff or carts. But free is free

So many assumptions. There are private courses that offer carts. Most courses are 100% free to play though, so those won't have any staff or carts. But free is free
I've never seen any courses except the ones in the city parks and what not. I didn't realize there was private courses? With that said, I would still probably be out. I don't get to play golf nearly enough as it is. Oh, and I like hitting stuff better than throwing stuff. lol

Agree 110%! You said it way better than I would have though haha

No worries :)
I only said it once and "skibum" responded so i continued the conversation. Wasnt looking to and didnt bash the game at all. In fact I have said (in other words) that frisbee itself is a pretty cool and enjoyable thing imo. My last statement (if thats what you refer to) wasnt meant to poke fun at it but was poking fun at the conversation with "skibum". Sort of poking fun at myself actually. But I can see (now that i read it back) how it didnt come out in writing the way i intended it to. My bad and No worries, enjoy the thread and the game :)

I love playing Disc Golf. I played in the Bowling Ams a few years ago and it was like 600 people playing at it. It was a blast.

Hit an ace in my disc golf tournament this mornimg. First shot of the day. $300 ace pot... good times

Back