What part of your game prevents you from shooting your best right now?

Hybrids and 5&6 irons

A consistent driver. If I hit driver consistently, whether a push, pull, fade, draw, hit or low then i could work with that but hell, lately my 5 deep has been saving my rounds off the tee.

My short game is just awful most days. I reallllllllly need to put some serious time in chipping and putting

For me, it's driving and my lack of distance. It's hard score when I'm only hitting it 200-220 yards off the tee.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Putting, without question. I can get off the tee great, irons are solid, wedges are improving but putting remains the weakest link.

Putter. But it's coming around......

my unfortunate motto - with all due respect to Adams Golf - should be:
"blown the 2nd shot"
:banghead:

This week it's been my game off the tee. Too inconsistent, just can't seem to keep from adding a push to my fade and really giving myself problems. Which stinks because a lot of other elements of my game are really starting to improve.

Short game without a doubt. Mainly chipping and short pitches, 20 yds and in.

Short game for me. As much as I feel I practice on my chips when I get to on course action it seems to fail me.

Putting and tee shots, especially on par 3s. Cant score well when you double bogey par 3s, keep missing the line while putting. The driver is beginning to work though, and I'm getting a superstroke grip to help with putting, so once I sort out those par 3s I should be stable :D

Keeping my arms "connected". When I do its great and I am pounding it. When not - I can be a little weak and erratic.

Just about everything right now. I think I am in a funk and will be taking a few days off to collect and analyze my thoughts.

Driver. So i usually take hybrid off the tee but that would result in another hybrid/long iron.

Any club between Driver and 5 iron. Well except my 3 hybrid, that's the best club I hit out of all of them. I hit a nice soft fade with everything else, but with the longer clubs my timing is always off so I have no consistency.

Right now, it's my tee game. Trying to "Mash" it too many times instead of 80%. Getting in trouble lately. Irons are pretty solid. Sand play needs much more work.

JM

Mental... I make stupid mistakes of judgment or concentration that leave me with 2-5 blow up holes per round, without those I'd be playing consistent low 80's with some looks at cracking 80.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Two way miss of the tee for me. With lessons and the work I am putting in it should be corrected quickly.

Lack of playing time and lack of decent sleep aside. I wish there was a single culprit so that I could work on it.

Most of my quadruple bogies are from not respecting hazards and flying the greens on bad chips. But over the course of 18 holes missed putts would certainly be just as bad. Also swinging hard without any "feel" is disastrous. Also not maintaining clubhead speed on chips.

Right now my iron play and short game is right where I need it, but my tee game has gone to the dogs. I have a nasty habit of keeping my weight on my right side and flipping at the ball causing a weak, low, and left flight.
When I do swing through the ball properly I have a two way miss going courtesy of my new grip and attempts at a steeper attack angle.

Driver is awesome lately, irons & wedges pretty good & getting better. Putter is far and away the bane of my existence. It's unbelievable how much worse it is than my other clubs. Really ...

It's always been my putting. I found recently that going to a much lighter putter at 35" with an insert is better suited for me than the heavier milled scotty 33" fastback I was bagging. Getting better tempo, lag and lines. Expensive doesn't always equate to better.

Mental mistakes and longer irons. With this new set I see this changing as my range sessions have been solid

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

My last 5 rounds I'd say it was my tee game, which definitely was hindering me. I made a couple of adjustments including swing plane and ball position and it's helped my tee game a bit.

However today, my short game was total junk.

One day it's my tee shots and the next time it's my putting, just seems that I have a hard time of getting all together at once.

Back