2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Kaymer with a round under par with the pressure and the course was impressive.

Lucky week for me in Fantasy.

Kaymer, Fowler, DJ, Na.... I have ended up with Kaymer both weeks during his wins.

That was some of the best played golf I've seen in a long time! On that course to run away with it like he did it's truly amazing!

Wow kaymer goes wire to wire. In cruise control the whole way it seemed.

Johnny sounded a little choked up, he is human after all. As much as I dislike him I can't imagine Fox doesn't find a way to douche it up, Fox douches everything up.

Wow kaymer goes wire to wire. In cruise control the whole way it seemed.

He won it on Friday really. I don't think anyone even got to 5 under at any point.

He won it on Friday really. I don't think anyone even got to 5 under at any point.
yeah. -10 after 2 rounds was ridiculous. Had a feeling no one catch up with course playing tougher on the weekend

He played a great tournament, Fowler hung in there too, glad that Compton was able to play the game of his lifetime.

yeah. -10 after 2 rounds was ridiculous. Had a feeling no one catch up with course playing tougher on the weekend

And he only lost 1 stroke on the weekend. He did what he had to do after getting off to the best start in US Open history.

Also, Compton punches his ticket to The 2015 Masters with his finish. Love the story and enjoy watching him play.

Awesome play by Kaymer. Now has more professional wins than Rory and the same number of majors. Could Rory/Kaymer be the next great rivalry?

First off congrats to Kaymer. He really played some of the best golf ever in a US Open.

That said I feel so let down. I've been looking forward to this Open for a few years.

I had tickets to it but gave them due to not being able to get time off work.

Pinehurst is a very special place to me for a few personal reasons.

So I was really hoping for a great story line that a victory by Phil, Spieth,Bubba or Dustin Johnson or Fowler or Compton would have brought. Any of them would have made it special.

Nothing against Kaymer, he seems like a genuinely humble nice guy and obviously has the game for big tournaments.

Just not the feeling I was looking for.

First off congrats to Kaymer. He really played some of the best golf ever in a US Open.

That said I feel so let down. I've been looking forward to this Open for a few years.

I had tickets to it but gave them due to not being able to get time off work.

Pinehurst is a very special place to me for a few personal reasons.

So I was really hoping for a great story line that a victory by Phil, Spieth,Bubba or Dustin Johnson or Fowler or Compton would have brought. Any of them would have made it special.

Nothing against Kaymer, he seems like a genuinely humble nice guy and obviously has the game for big tournaments.

Just not the feeling I was looking for.

I couldn't have said it better. I just feel like something is missing from this one.

I couldn't have said it better. I just feel like something is missing from this one.

Thanks. I certainly hope it doesn't come off as a slam against Kaymer or sour grapes.

Just left me disappointed.

Well hopefully The Open Championship will provide more excitement.

Thanks. I certainly hope it doesn't come off as a slam against Kaymer or sour grapes.

No sour grapes and kudos to Kaymer. I just wanted an more contested championship. Wire to wire wins are impressive, but I like Sunday drama at a major. Otherwise it just has the feel of another tour stop.

I agree, it didn't have the US Open feel, Kaymer played a phenomenal tournament, but I was disappointed someone didn't put a little run together. But I think the Women's Open could see a big number winning.

Yes on the Women's. Also the USGA may have accomplished its goal.

I rarely watch the LPGA but I know I'll tune in next Saturday and Sunday for a least a little while.

I think they will have to soften the greens up quite a bit. I can't see the women holding too many of those greens with long irons or hybrids.

I know it will play a lot shorter, but should be very interesting.

I see a lot of stuff on twitter where people are saying it was a bit of a boring tournament due the style of Kaymer's win. I wonder how many would be saying that if Tiger had done the same thing instead of Kaymer. Must admit, I watched zero of the golf due to the World Cup being on at the same time, but sounds like an awesome display of golf by Kaymer. Let's hope he doesn't start working on his draw again after this win!

I think it's about time to acknowledge that Kaymer deserves to be in the same conversation as Bubba and Phil and Tiger and some of the other big names. I know that, due to his nationality and disposition, he doesn't move the needle, as they say, but he's a former #1, basically stepped down to overhaul his swing, and is a repeat winner on some of the year's biggest stages.

I see a lot of stuff on twitter where people are saying it was a bit of a boring tournament due the style of Kaymer's win. I wonder how many would be saying that if Tiger had done the same thing instead of Kaymer. Must admit, I watched zero of the golf due to the World Cup being on at the same time, but sounds like an awesome display of golf by Kaymer. Let's hope he doesn't start working on his draw again after this win!

I responded to one of those tweets

You have kind of a point. However Tiger won by pulling away further each round by continuing to pour it on.

Kaymer pretty much just maintained the large lead he had going into the weekend.

If Kaymer had come out and fired two more rounds well under par, I think the excitement would have been a bit more.

But mainly the two players are completely different personalities. Tiger shows a lot of emotion (good and bad) that the fans feed off.

So I don't think it's an exact comparison.

I normally love the US open either 1st or 2nd of all tournaments (The Open being the other; which course is played each year determines order), but this year it seemed like the course was the only great part. I give full credit to Kaymer (who played amazing Thurs/Fri), but the weekend just seemed anti-climactic b/c nobody really put on a charge. However, I was one of the TMAG winners of their Twitter swag contest so I can't wait to see what I get :)

I enjoyed what I watched of the tournament. I'll admit I would have liked to see someone contend more later on, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Had that been Tiger (6 years without a major and all the subplots) it absolutely would have been more exciting for me. As it would have with Phil, as it would have with one if the young Americans.

Kaymer played great, and he certainly deserved the win based on the dominance he showed, but no, I can be no more excited about that than I was Bubba's back nine stroll at Augusta. He seems very likable, and I leave the weekend with a much higher opinion than I entered it, but I am jingoistic with my majors, and I prefer to see Americans win...particularly with the US Open.

That was one of the best played US Opens I've seen in a while, he was so steady the whole week. Well played Martin, well played.

Back