Clubs for my daughter

sposey013168

Reaction score
Handicap
My 14 year old daughter has decided ahe wants to take up golf (which is awesome) but now i am in the seerch for junior clubs, any good lost cost ideas? I dont want to get buy anything expensive until insee that she will stick with it. Any ideas would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Shane - That's great news about your daughter! I bought Lynx clubs for my kids. They are cheap and just okay but they get the job done as a way to make sure the kid really wants to golf or not. I think I got like a 7 piece set from GS on sale for @$100. They are about done with this first set and I've started looking for the next set. I've been told US Kids clubs are great for girls because the shafts are especially light. Not sure about prices. I've been looking at Cally pre owned and they have cost effective options. Ping has solid junior clubs but I haven't seen them at discounted prices. I don't know if TM preowned sells junior clubs but it might be worth a look.

Adams make a good complete set for juniors about this age. At 14 she is probably getting to a point she could use adult women's clubs, just depends on her size and strength.

At 14, your daughter may be tall enough for a set of women's clubs. If not, my buddy has an 11 year old daughter the plays to an 12 handicap (from the normal ladies tees) using a set of clubs from US Kids golf. That is the direction I'm going should my daughter really want to tee it up with me instead of just putting in the house.

If my son ends up taking up the game, I plan on going with US Kids, even though I can get other brands at a good discount through work.

I've been looking around for my 8 yr old, and I agree with the others - Callaway pre-owned or a ladies set if she's tall enough. The Lynx and Top Flite sets are... OK. But that's about it.

My wife is barely 5'0 tall in her golf shoes and is wielding Cobra Amp cells quite successfully. My 13 year old niece is a lot taller than her.

Adam, as you know from meeting me height does not run in my family lol.
I don't think she is big enough for womens clubs yet?

At 14, your daughter may be tall enough for a set of women's clubs. If not, my buddy has an 11 year old daughter the plays to an 12 handicap (from the normal ladies tees) using a set of clubs from US Kids golf. That is the direction I'm going should my daughter really want to tee it up with me instead of just putting in the house.

Have a good look at the US kids range they are height related and have good shafts , there is even a tour version for better players, both my kids have grown up with them , Ranger junior is on the final size set with a couple of ladies clubs added , and Miss Ranger junior is on her third set with an addition of an Odyssey two ball putter cut down for her.

Clubs for my daughter

Callaway makes a nice set too. 14 may be a tweener age. If she's fairly tall and strong she may be better off with a petite woman's set. My 12-year old is 5' tall and is at the limit for the 14-yr old girl set that she has.

A used petite woman's set might be a good start. Another option is to go to Hireko's site and build her a custom set. You can build a nicer set their for the same or less than a junior set in a store.

Last edited:
Back