How well does your SO know golf?

My wife knows a fair bit. She'd be able to name all the OEMs, and probably name a dozen or 2 pros. She could name all the club types and when to hit them, but probably couldn't name many courses. However that last one shouldn't mark her down too much b/c she has trouble naming songs she knows well too. She could probably describe famous holes from at least a half dozen courses.

I quizzed her and she did a whole lot better than what I posted earlier. I was very surprised and impressed.

I don't have an SO right now, but my ex wife didn't know anything about the game except to resent my playing it at all. My last gf was mildly interested at best.

I saw this thread and have been meaning to comment that my wife doesn't know anything about golf. She just solidified that statement by asking why the binoculars are out. I had to explain to her that those "binoculars" were my range finder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quizzing now.

Company names: 14.

Pro golfers: 14 (she named ken duke and kevin stadler, wtf lol)

Knows all the clubs

Famous courses: 10

Pretty good!

Quizzing now.

Company names: 14.

Pro golfers: 14 (she named ken duke and kevin stadler, wtf lol)

Knows all the clubs

Famous courses: 10

Pretty good!

That's solid! I'm gonna quiz my wife but I'm pretty sure she won't have results near this

Not very well. She probably had only heard of Tiger. She is starting to play now tho so she is picking up some knowledge of the game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Update: ask my wife the questions ... She just smiled and reminded me that I did not marry her for her golfing knowledge, and golfing skills ... She is right about that :)
:zdance:

Mrs. zeroputt knows more about the practicalities of golf (playing, clubs, and the swing) than she does about golf companies and famous courses. She can recognize some pros... the 'cute' ones....

Last night at work I was thinking this would be a fun game, so here goes:
How well does your signifigant other know golf? Ive come up with a quick series of questions to help gauge how well he/she knows that game:
How many golf companies can you name? (clubs, balls, shoes, clothing)
How many pro golfers can you name?
Can you name each of the different kinds of golf clubs? (driver, fairway wood, etc)
How many famous golf courses can you name?

1 - Titleist, Nike, Taylormade, Puma, Loudmouth
2. - Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer (then she was trying to describe players, lol)
3. - Putter, SW, Driver, And she could name the numbers but couldn't come up with the word "iron"
4. - Pebble Beach, Doral (bc we stayed there once)

Not too bad really for not being interested. She looks good in one of those little golf skirts though ;)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

How well does your signifigant other know golf? Ive come up with a quick series of questions to help gauge how well he/she knows that game:
How many golf companies can you name? (clubs, balls, shoes, clothing)
Can you name each of the different kinds of golf clubs? (driver, fairway wood, etc)

My wife doesn't actually play golf but she's understanding of my addiction. :D

Most of the major manufacturers as well as some of the less prominent ones like Bridgestone, Betti & Seemore from listening to me talk about them.

She can probably name as many current golfers as I can, if not more. She watches more than I do since I'm usually out playing at least one weekend day when it's on TV.

Only stumbling block on clubs might be the difference between fairways & hybrids.

Don't know the answer to the last one, but at least a handful.

Girlfriend thinks golf is boring to no end but doesn't mind me playing. So, I'll take that.

My wife knows that brand new clubs like drivers, woods and hybrids only cost $60-$80 each, and that I always find amazing deals that are too good to pass up!

How many golf companies can you name?
Can you name each of the different kinds of golf clubs?

1. Nike, Titleist, Callaway (I had a 12-back of balls on the counter, the little cheater!)
2. Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Rory McIlroy, (Pronounced it Rowrow), then she described Vijay, Phil Mickelson, Jack Nicklaus
3. Putter, driver, then she started laughing. Irons. Long pause. Then she got Fairway.
4. Pebble Beach, Firestone (we currently live five minutes from it). "What's the one in England?" Then she blurted out Bridgewater, as in Teddy Bridgewater. And "Augustus." Hahaha

She's adorable. And wonderful. That was fun.

I'm lucky to be married to someone who was willing give golf a try as a hobby and like it. We play once or twice a week together, which is great.

I think Mrs. Drumdog did pretty good.

1. Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Adams, Ping, Nike
2. Tiger, Phil, Arnie, Jack, Bubba
3. Driver, 3 wood, hybrid, irons and their numbers, putter, pitching wedge and sand wedge
4. Pebble, Plantation, Torrey Pines, Doral/Blue Monster. (She knows these only because we've played them)

Mine played and still plays so I am what people call lucky and Poor

My wife knows nothing. I came home from a round a few weeks back and she asked how I played. I told her well I was only 8 over after 12 holes. She frowned and said thats not good. I said yes it is. She then said well Tiger never shoots that bad. I laughed and told her that Tiger and everybody else on tv are the top 1% of the worlds best golfers.

I had to show her an old episode of big break for her to realize that lol.

We played together on a weekly basis before our twins were born. Now she just watches it on tv.

My wife plays with me almost every sunday. She doesnt have near the obsession I have for the game but she enjoys it just as much. I sooo outkicked my coverage, she rides motorcycles too :)

How well does your SO know golf?

She knows the basics. Working on getting some lessons this summer so we can golf together. She played softball in college so mechanics are decent. She watches on tv and knows the major guys on tour.

Last edited:
Back