What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some good golf being played, well done all. At least there are a few playing well out there.

83 today which ties my PB at my home course. Overall a pretty good round considering I haven't played here in almost 2 weeks! I becoming really confident with my approach shots and chips around the green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

83 on that course is a 78 on most courses. Well done Andy.

Nice round Amart!

Big congrats to Jimbo too! Well done dude!

83 today which ties my PB at my home course. Overall a pretty good round considering I haven't played here in almost 2 weeks! I becoming really confident with my approach shots and chips around the green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Albatross just all and around PB's freaking love it. Good round dude.

39+35 for a 74. Hit 10/14 fairways and 10/18 greens. Hit the ball really well. Just need to make some more putts.
Great round. Chipping and putting is what lets me down.. I need short game lessons.. Week done you.

81. Not feeling too happy about my game right now. Missing everything way right off tee and putting is atrocious.

81. Not feeling too happy about my game right now. Missing everything way right off tee and putting is atrocious.

Hang in there! My season has been just as up and down as well. My tee game is terrible and killing me. My putting seems to be turning the corner but we'll see on Friday.

Keep that body behind that ball!! Same issue I have when my body gets ahead of the swing. I sway and it goes right.

40/41 for 81.
Found a local muni I hadn't played before and didn't have leagues tonight. Wasn't in the best shape but whatever.

Didn't do anything really well, just kept the ball in front of me and putted well.

Short game was decent, slow greens got me quite a bit but oh well.

Nice there 441

Ended up shooting a 42/40 = 82 today. Hit 9/14 fairways and once again was absolutely horrid with the flat stick 34 putts. Was glad I was able to drive the ball well and had great iron play. If I can't figure this putting out I may be going back to the finger down the shaft method.

Just finished up with my first round with THP'ers today. Met up with the Denver guys (KC720, J4U, and Milehighgolfer) to play The Raven at Three Peaks. I started off on fire with a 35 (-1) on the front. Greens were slower than I'm used to and I left a couple great chances just short. Had 6 straight pars and and a bogey on #7 before back to back birdies on 8 and 9. The back proved to be a bigger challenge and fully punished every stupid decision I made. Was +2 after #13 but played the last 5 holes at +11 and finished with an 85. Yep, that's a 35-50-85. I have no idea how to rationalize that. Just crazy. Overall, had 2 birdies, 2 bogeys, a double, triple, and 2 quads. I'm still shaking my head. Was a beautiful day with great company and I can take some comfort in that front side. Can't wait to tee it up with those guys again!

80 (39/41). I'll take it!!! 9 of 18 GIR, 6 of 14 FIR. 32 putts. Driver is my downfall... Putts were read well, left 5 on the lip!!!

Had one of my more bizarre rounds in quite awhile at Heritage Golf Links with ATL. We were playing our match play series and I could not have started out much worse. OB on my opening tee shot led to triple bogey and then I had two 3 putts in a row and was 5 over after three. I fought back and was -2 the remaining 16 holes for a 75. Ball striking was bad today with only 8 greens hit. Was pretty pleased with the ending score after the way I started

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Had one of my more bizarre rounds in quite awhile at Heritage Golf Links with ATL. We were playing our match play series and I could not have started out much worse. OB on my opening tee shot led to triple bogey and then I had two 3 putts in a row and was 5 over after three. I fought back and was -2 the remaining 16 holes for a 75. Ball striking was bad today with only 8 greens hit. Was pretty pleased with the ending score after the way I started

Fought back? I'd say you punched it right in the mouth. Your game is tight.

41/41 (82) and drove over a green today!

I thought your ball striking was pretty solid. You had a couple loose swings, but your misses weren't by much. Main miss was just being a little short. I remember several times where I thoughts you were right on the flag but just half a club short.

Your putting is also much better, particularly the mid-range putts. I can see why you've been scoring well.

Played The Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club today.
Final score was a 76
Front 9 had a 37 with 2 bogies - 1 birdie- 6 pars
Back 9 had 39 with 4 bogies - 1 birdie - 4 pars
The heat got to me a little today 93* plus heat index made the Feels Like Temp of 100*

I had a little bit of an off round today with Flog. Shot a 79 (40-39).

Looking back, I hit the ball pretty well from tee to green. A couple loose swings here and there, and one really lazy wedge swing that I was most disappointed in. But, the tee game was really solid, and the approach game was pretty good. I hit a lot of greens, just nothing incredibly close to the hole. Always seemed to be a little too far and on the wrong side of ridges, etc.

short game was just not there. It sounds weird, but the greens just felt different than they usually play. They were almost "sticky," which I think was caused by the afternoon showers that hit before we started. The ball rolled slower than normal and seemed to not break as much. Putting was just off.

Definitely things to build upon from this round, but also some definite things to work on. Wedge game needs to be addressed, and I need to spend more time working on my putting.

You ever just have one of those days?
I never have... Until tonight.

Driver was working, not finding a lot of fairways, but I was just off in a number of them.

Irons were unspectacular, but useable

FW's even worked

Wedges were on fire!

Putting was pretty good after a rough start.

Ended up shooting a 43/40 83 shattering my previous PB by 10!!!
I am stoked! Played 6318 yds. A ton of greens missed short but a decent amount of 1 putts.

tupytyga.jpg

sa8asy2y.jpg

*Played 18 holes on a 9 hole course does that make it different?

Last edited:
Congrats on the personal best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back