Northern California Get Together?

I am in, probably only 1 round for me, hopefully in the AM.

I would prefer Poppy Hills, but am flexible wherever popular consent is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in, probably only 1 round for me, hopefully in the AM.

Meaning you probably won't stay over? If that's what most people want to do, we can totally plan it that way as well. I'm not opposed to leaving at 5 AM and playing Poppy at 9 or something on Saturday. Anyone wanting to stay over and play another round Sunday could just organize that separately if need be.

Ya I have no babysitter so overnight is out for me but I can drive both days to play or either day

If not for the MC I would be in. If the weekend changes I'm all over it.

I'm about 75%. Need to check with management.

Meaning you probably won't stay over? If that's what most people want to do, we can totally plan it that way as well. I'm not opposed to leaving at 5 AM and playing Poppy at 9 or something on Saturday. Anyone wanting to stay over and play another round Sunday could just organize that separately if need be.

Yeah Eddie, doubt I can get away for an overnighter. Probably just get up before the sun and do some driving. If we can get a group to do a weekend of it, that would be way cool!

The boss has given me clearance as of now for one round but i still have to play it by ear

So what I'm thinking based on the responses so far is we try to plan for an earlier round Saturday at Poppy Hills. Then anyone who wants to stay over (I think we can just all handle our lodging individually) we can figure that out and get tee times for Sunday.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do a multi day event. I'll likely drive up for the round and head home afterwards. My issue is that it appears my bachelor party will be the following weekend (no rest for the wicked). I'm up for any course and would love to play Poppy again, so will likely make that the day I join in. Early is fine as Poppy is worth it!

So what I'm thinking based on the responses so far is we try to plan for an earlier round Saturday at Poppy Hills. Then anyone who wants to stay over (I think we can just all handle our lodging individually) we can figure that out and get tee times for Sunday.
Having just returned from the SeeMore event it's doubtful that management will be too keen on me attending. However, if I am able to attend, the early round at Poppy would be my preference.

BTW: Eddie submit your MC entry!!

BTW: Eddie submit your MC entry!!

I cannot even begin to explain how much thought I've given that in the past few days. Still not sure if I'm going to do it, but I REALLY want to.

I would prefer Saturday. Pre-10am would be fine. Either day I would be in.

I cannot even begin to explain how much thought I've given that in the past few days. Still not sure if I'm going to do it, but I REALLY want to.

If you don't you'll kick yourself. Besides, somebody has to rep the West Coast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

If you don't you'll kick yourself. Besides, somebody has to rep the West Coast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I know, I know...it's been driving me crazy. Realistically, having just joined a club and sending my kids to camps, etc, the timing is just all wrong financially. A big part of me says to just throw my name in there and if I happened to get picked, I'd figure it out. But at the same time, I wouldn't want one of the greatest opportunities ever to be something that stressed me out. But I'm having a really hard time not just going for it anyway...

We do have TNT in there, so he's repping Nor Cal.

Northern California Get Together?

I know, I know...it's been driving me crazy. Realistically, having just joined a club and sending my kids to camps, etc, the timing is just all wrong financially. A big part of me says to just throw my name in there and if I happened to get picked, I'd figure it out. But at the same time, I wouldn't want one of the greatest opportunities ever to be something that stressed me out. But I'm having a really hard time not just going for it anyway...

You've seen what the participants say. It's like a MasterCard commercial, in the end the whole experience will be priceless. DO IT!!!

Truthfully, do what works for you. I know that I'd be all over that if eligible. Wedding be darned. (as I make sure the fiancé isn't looking)

Last edited:
On the plus side, I just learned that my fiancé will be out of town the weekend of this get together in July. There's an increasingly good chance I can get away for both days!

I've got a running roster going, but still need to hear (hopefully) from more people if they're in for the Saturday round at Poppy.

As for Sunday, it sounds like it might be myself, Heez and Tummy at this point. My boy Eric (ehowdy) may be in as well. I'm going to talk to him this afternoon when we play. If he goes, I'm sure we'll be on the same program. Anyway, I've been talking to RoundersRob a bit lately. He hasn't been active on THP at all this year, but we've been in touch and he joined Pasatiempo. He's invited us to come play there for our Sunday round, which, if you've never been, would be pretty epic. I've only played it once and let's just say I've got some unfinished business there. Anyway, we just need to get an approximate group size for Sunday figured out so that he can see if he can bring that many "guests" to play.

so, please keep the responses coming.

I really would lie to make this… I say in till I can't at this point.

So as of right now, I've got...

syndicate559
mancest
Bigoats
Tummy
chicogolf
TheHeez
Aoxomxoa

All in for Saturday at Poppy...

So as of right now, I've got...

syndicate559
mancest
Bigoats
Tummy
chicogolf
TheHeez
Aoxomxoa

All in for Saturday at Poppy...

I am still in Eddie, can't believe there isn't more interested parties!

I have never played Pasatiempo. Was supposed to play it 2 years ago but threw my back out playing Spanish Bay. Count me in if there is room. Thank you.

Yeah wish this was the weekend before or after I would be there. But Nor Cal well be repped

I've got a running roster going, but still need to hear (hopefully) from more people if they're in for the Saturday round at Poppy.

As for Sunday, it sounds like it might be myself, Heez and Tummy at this point. My boy Eric (ehowdy) may be in as well. I'm going to talk to him this afternoon when we play. If he goes, I'm sure we'll be on the same program. Anyway, I've been talking to RoundersRob a bit lately. He hasn't been active on THP at all this year, but we've been in touch and he joined Pasatiempo. He's invited us to come play there for our Sunday round, which, if you've never been, would be pretty epic. I've only played it once and let's just say I've got some unfinished business there. Anyway, we just need to get an approximate group size for Sunday figured out so that he can see if he can bring that many "guests" to play.

so, please keep the responses coming.

I agree with the unfinished business thought. I would love another crack at Pasa.

I agree with the unfinished business thought. I would love another crack at Pasa.

I would love to get a crack at that course it is on my list

I am still in Eddie, can't believe there isn't more interested parties!

It's early yet. Hopefully RadRob will jump on this as well.

I have never played Pasatiempo. Was supposed to play it 2 years ago but threw my back out playing Spanish Bay. Count me in if there is room. Thank you.

I got you on the list now, Tim.

Yeah wish this was the weekend before or after I would be there. But Nor Cal well be repped

I know, man! I didn't even realize we were planning this for the same weekend as the MC when we did, but we were trying to figure out the best chance for Bigoats to make it with his twins on the way. I'm guessing that we'll start planning another one for October-ish while we're at this one.

Back