Titleist 915 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does remind me of a Nike driver, but I really like the looks of it, hopefully it will be a performance boost also. I'll be happy to give it a try when I can.

I've always enjoyed the look of the Titleist drivers, I've just never been able to hit them well. Looking forward to seeing how forgiving this one is.

Having gamed both the 910 and 913 drivers, it is a given that I'll give this one a try. Titleist equipment has always been first rate and I have no reason to believe this will be any different. The previous two series were quite good and gave me great consistency off the tee. So, I'm excited to try this new entry.

Having gamed both the 910 and 913 drivers, it is a given that I'll give this one a try. Titleist equipment has always been first rate and I have no reason to believe this will be any different. The previous two series were quite good and gave me great consistency off the tee. So, I'm excited to try this new entry.

Same here, V.Man. Looking forward to trying this one out. Word is lower spin and higher launch, which most everyone would benefit from. Hope the claims are legitimate.

Just very odd that the assumption persists that R&D differs so greatly between companies that one holds the power of 'verifier'.

I think that mainly comes from Titleist's release strategy, as they only release new drivers/irons every two years versus some companies that release 2-3 different drivers/irons in a year. I'm guessing that people perceive the 2 year period as Titleist being more diligent about their clubs, I'm not sure.

Ah well, there are always going to be people who feel a certain way about certain brands. Personally I think they are doing themselves a disservice by completely ignoring a brand because there are a lot of great clubs made by all the different companies.

I think that mainly comes from Titleist's release strategy, as they only release new drivers/irons every two years versus some companies that release 2-3 different drivers/irons in a year. I'm guessing that people perceive the 2 year period as Titleist being more diligent about their clubs, I'm not sure.

Ah well, there are always going to be people who feel a certain way about certain brands. Personally I think they are doing themselves a disservice by completely ignoring a brand because there are a lot of great clubs made by all the different companies.

No doubt about that.

Can't wait to hear some more about this one for sure. I was thoroughly impressed with everything I hit from the 2013-2014 line. Oddly enough, never did get to try the 913 driver though.

Titleist has this very traditonal "Bushwood" persona...but the new irons are GIs and the drivers seem to be reviewed as some of the easier to hit (not the longest).
Also, with the 2 year product lifecycle, you do not get the massive discount, super low used price cycle every 6 months.

In defense of my overly titleist bag, the putter and wedges are not titleist; nor is the bag itself; the ball is "made in 'merca".

When you drop $400 bucks on one club, it is nice to know it will be "new" for 2 years or so. I hit the bertha's; did not love them. But it did sneak into my head that in 3 months there will be some new bertha with some kind of a strip or something that will make mine "not new".

This is silly, but it happens.
As for actual performance on the course, I increasingly think ALL the equipment is pretty close. 910, 913, 915, Berth's, SLDRs, AP1, speed blade......again, my 907 hits it plenty far

These are mercedes, audi, BMW, lexus, etc. All very good, slight differences. I like this shade of black....

Now, let's see some trackman data showing my spin will be down on perfectly struck drives 200rpms....

Gamed the 913 d3 for quite a while and paired with the red tie I was crushing it. I will gove tjos a swing or two when it is released for sure

Titleist has this very traditonal "Bushwood" persona...but the new irons are GIs and the drivers seem to be reviewed as some of the easier to hit (not the longest).
Also, with the 2 year product lifecycle, you do not get the massive discount, super low used price cycle every 6 months.

In defense of my overly titleist bag, the putter and wedges are not titleist; nor is the bag itself; the ball is "made in 'merca".

When you drop $400 bucks on one club, it is nice to know it will be "new" for 2 years or so. I hit the bertha's; did not love them. But it did sneak into my head that in 3 months there will be some new bertha with some kind of a strip or something that will make mine "not new".

This is silly, but it happens.
As for actual performance on the course, I increasingly think ALL the equipment is pretty close. 910, 913, 915, Berth's, SLDRs, AP1, speed blade......again, my 907 hits it plenty far

These are mercedes, audi, BMW, lexus, etc. All very good, slight differences. I like this shade of black....

Now, let's see some trackman data showing my spin will be down on perfectly struck drives 200rpms....

You never have to "defend your bag", you should always play what works for you and what you enjoy playing.

My comment was more directed at people who refuse to try certain clubs just because of the company who makes that club.

Pictures seem to reveal that it's the SureFit hosel. If it isn't, it looks eerily the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really hope this is the case.

I just cant believe my 910 is already 4 years old. Still love that club.

Hope these are fine JB!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't buy into the hype created by all the other OEMs each year when they release the next greatest thing. I'm a fan of the titleist line of woods because they work for me. Still gaming 910s and I never thought about looking at the 913s. When the 915s are released I might give them a chance but I still love the way the 910s feel. I'm not sure what I think of the speed slot thing. I've gotten away from tinkering with my bag and I think that's helped my game.

I had a 913 briefly but hit other drivers further and with more forgiveness. If titleist make a driver as long (or nearly) with their normal looks and feel/sound I will be putting one in the bag.

Can't wait to hear more about this one after THP's August trip to Titleist. The last two drivers have had some comments about low-ish forgiveness, and I have to wonder if the new design helps with that.

This will be a pre-order for me. I love my 910 THAT much.

SLDR and BBA with the sliding weight are the same thing Mizuno did years ago. Fans of those guys need to stop pointing the finger at Titleist for copying Nike. Yes, I see why it favors the Nike, at least I admit it. :banghead:

This will be a pre-order for me. I love my 910 THAT much.

SLDR and BBA with the sliding weight are the same thing Mizuno did years ago. Fans of those guys need to stop pointing the finger at Titleist for copying Nike. Yes, I see why it favors the Nike, at least I admit it. :banghead:

Not at all, Callaway has held the patent to their sliding weight BEFORE Mizuno or TM put out theirs. It isn't about the weight, its the location of the weight. We've seen time and again on monitors that the weight on the BB works and truly alters the flight while on the SLDR and the Mizzy before it it is extremely debatable how much of an effect it actually has according to data.

FWIW, The BBA does not have a sliding weight. That would be the Big Bertha. The Alpha has the Gravity Core and no sliding weight.
Im looking forward to an early look at this driver when out at their HQ in early August. Looks like we will be taking some swings with it as well.

FWIW, The BBA does not have a sliding weight. That would be the Big Bertha. The Alpha has the Gravity Core and no sliding weight.
Im looking forward to an early look at this driver when out at their HQ in early August. Looks like we will be taking some swings with it as well.

Swings? I like the sounds of this. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts since, for them, this is a pretty solid change/departure.

Swings? I like the sounds of this. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts since, for them, this is a pretty solid change/departure.

It is. I have enjoyed their drivers in the past, but have been critical of their forgiveness for amateur golfers. I think they made a step in the right direction in the 913 and when I reviewed it, it was solid across the board. I happened to find something that worked better for me, but its a solid head. Just not as laterally forgiving as what I am using now.

I was told the 915 improved upon that head, which is a good thing and hopefully jumpstarts some sales for the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back