2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Man, loving all the Denver pops through here. Thanks a lot, guys. Would be amazing to see a THP event in our backyard. Lots of great options and I really like the keystone idea. 2 travel options and both pretty good.

My second vote definitely goes to AZ. Such great flight options. San Diego would be amazing as well.

would love to see branson added so I can show ricky some ozarks hospitality :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Does that involve large women? Heh

I'd love to see something in:

Williamsburg, Va
Charlotte, Nc
Orlando, Fl
South, Fl

I'd love to see something in:

Williamsburg, Va
Charlotte, Nc
Orlando, Fl
South, Fl
Big fan of the golf course options in Williamsburg. tons of great ones at really solid prices.

Not the easiest location to get to but for Midwest/OH stay & play - Longaberger & Eaglesticks near Zanesville

Longaberger would be awesome

What about a TPC circuit of events?

What about a TPC circuit of events?

We are not really big on "circuits" like this. The reason is very simple. While TPC courses CAN be some of the best in the area, they are not always, so when selecting a region we do not want to be "stuck" into something that is not what we very much wanted.

Houston, Washington DC/northern VA area, Kohler, WI...San Diego, Scottsdale, Austin

These are all fun spot with good golf and food. I'd like to tie in some good grub with some good golf. Or a diner, drive ins and dives invitational. Golf and then the triple d spot.
Wow...first I heard of DC offered up!!

Well Northern Virginia (forget DC only two real courses there and neither suitable for an event) offers some great courses and even a couple stay and play options, such as Landsdowne Resort. But with this area getting the OC event and the price of some of the nicer courses in Virginia, it might be tough to get that below $100 rate on a weekend that everyone seems to prefers. But plenty of lodging options and close by attractions in DC for the family should it be a vacation type event for some.

I also really like your other cities.

Wow...first I heard of DC offered up!!

Well Northern Virginia (forget DC only two real courses there and neither suitable for an event) offers some great courses and even a couple stay and play options, such as Landsdowne Resort. But with this area getting the OC event and the price of some of the nicer courses in Virginia, it might be tough to get that below $100 rate on a weekend that everyone seems to prefers. But plenty of lodging options and close by attractions in DC for the family should it be a vacation type event for some.

I also really like your other cities.

I lived and worked as a pro in this area, there are plenty of great options that can be just as affordable as any other place.

Just a heads up fellas. In most cases, we are not concerned about rates. We will do our thing, and most places are very amicable to the benefits of a THP Event.

Another thought...JB you will pass a fantastic Hyatt resort Thursday on your way to Ocean City. The Hyatt Cambridge Golf and Spa Resort is litteraly right off highway 50. Knowing what a fan you are of Hyatt's you may want to stop in and take a look.

We have an annual industry tournament there every year. It has gone from your typical Monday scramble dinner and go home event, to a 3 day event with people coming in over the weekend, to enjoy the other activities there and of course more golf. it only has one course, but it is a fantastic course and has a great finishing two holes. Having been on the planning committee, I know if you are can be flexible with dates, they will really work with you on putting together a deal that is extremely affordable.

Just throwing it out there, since you will drive right by it.

http://chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

We are not really big on "circuits" like this. The reason is very simple. While TPC courses CAN be some of the best in the area, they are not always, so when selecting a region we do not want to be "stuck" into something that is not what we very much wanted.

I understand. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to play Sawgrass lol sorry

I lived and worked as a pro in this area, there are plenty of great options that can be just as affordable as any other place.
Cool, that is true, especially with the power of THP and Mike Dean !!

Another thought...JB you will pass a fantastic Hyatt resort Thursday on your way to Ocean City. The Hyatt Cambridge Golf and Spa Resort is litteraly right off highway 50. Knowing what a fan you are of Hyatt's you may want to stop in and take a look.

We have an annual industry tournament there every year. It has gone from your typical Monday scramble dinner and go home event, to a 3 day event with people coming in over the weekend, to enjoy the other activities there and of course more golf. it only has one course, but it is a fantastic course and has a great finishing two holes. Having been on the planning committee, I know if you are can be flexible with dates, they will really work with you on putting together a deal that is extremely affordable.

Just throwing it out there, since you will drive right by it.

http://chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Know the place quite well. Its a very pretty resort.

I understand. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to play Sawgrass lol sorry

Ironically, there are better TPC courses. And for many would not make the top 10 in the state, but we understand the fame behind it.

My vote is for Western PA, the draw would be massive, there are plenty of Albatross members that would travel to this area. It has the potential to draw AC members from NY, OH, IN, NJ, MD,MI and WV (Take a look at the Pine Lakes OH Gathering Thread, which would be just north of this course)

The course that would be perfect is Olde Stonewall Golf Club, one of the top public courses in PA. It's located just north of Pittsburgh in Ellwood City, there are plenty of hotels and restaurants around the area, as well as a pub right on the grounds.

Travel is pretty nice, lots of interstates run through the area (79, 80, 76) and the Pittsburgh Airport is about a 35-40 min drive away. It's time for THP to invade the keystone state!

Untitled_zps930dded5.png

My vote is for Western PA, the draw would be massive, there are plenty of Albatross members that would travel to this area. It has the potential to draw AC members from NY, OH, IN, NJ, MD,MI and WV (Take a look at the Pine Lakes OH Gathering Thread, which would be just north of this course)

The course that would be perfect is Olde Stonewall Golf Club, one of the top public courses in PA. It's located just north of Pittsburgh in Ellwood City, there are plenty of hotels and restaurants around the area, as well as a pub right on the grounds.

Travel is pretty nice, lots of interstates run through the area (79, 80, 76) and the Pittsburgh Airport is about a 35-40 min drive away. It's time for THP to invade the keystone state!

Untitled_zps930dded5.png

This would work. And it would be awesome. I've heard amazing things about Stonewall

This would work. And it would be awesome. I've heard amazing things about Stonewall

It's on my bucket list of courses to play.

A lot of great ideas so far. I'll throw out a few that I could see being good places for an event.

Hershey: great lodging, lots of stuff for non golfers to do and some very good golf in the area

Crystal Springs: just outside NYC in the mountains, I was there for the first time about a month ago. They have seven courses, a few of which are very good and ample lodging at various resorts.

Phoenix/Scottsdale: great restaurants, tons of quality golf

Louisville: the bourbon trail is close by. I'm sure there's golf around some where too.

Philadelphia: of course I'm suggesting it. Lots of great tracks and tons of non golf stuff to do. A lot more bucolic than some might think.

LA: this is on the pricey side probably, but would be pretty cool. Stay at Terranea, you have their nine hole course with ocean views on every hole, Trump LA is next door; Los Verdes, a very good muni with ocean views, is a few minutes away; and the Palos Verdes CC is open to the public on certain times/days. Beaches are nearby, so are restaurants and the views are terrific.

Chicago: great golf, great city

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could get down with a trip to Philly, that course looks amazing.

I could get down with a trip to Philly, that course looks amazing.

Other side of the state, this one is just north of Pittsburgh I believe

Back