Range Memberships

I left a private club that I was a member at in 2013 which was 350 on top of the monthly dues/cart fees. I had it thrown in for the first year but they wanted me to pay for it after the first 12 months. This and several other reasons caused me to leave.

I joined a public course for 99$ month unlimited range and very reasonable cart fees for rounds. The practice facility is actually better than the private course but the course leaves something to be desired. Bunkers and greens are neglected some.

Course I go to is $70/month and get to golf anytime with cart for $19. Also get complimentary clinic 4 times a week.

$39/month for twelve months. Get you unlimited range balls and cart fee only golf before 8:00 am ($11 for 9 holes) or evening twilight ($16 for 18). I've had this membership for three years and it's been worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a year long range pass, $500. Great driving range (395 yds), bunkers, chipping area, and putting green. Unlimited balls, probably retail for $10/bucket.
I liked it so much and was there so often, that I joined the club! The membership credited my $500 off my initiation fee. Pretty good deal.

$25 + tax a month for unlimited range use and discounted greens fees.

The range has grass and is functional. But that's about it. The putting green is flat so it really limits short game practice. It has a bunker, but it's at the end of the row on the driving range - away from the putting green - so it's usefulness is limited. When the ground is wet they have mats, but they are in horrible condition and are hard on the body. They also leave thick green residue on the soles of clubs.

I've looked for alternatives, but the only other place close to me is $80 a month and I don't want to make that commitment. I'm taking lessons at this place now and get unlimited access to the range after a lesson. So I'm tempted to cancel the development membership and just use that money towards lessons and use the range then.

The course I go to has a deal where $225 for the year you get 50% off of range balls, free use of the short game area (regularly $10/hr), discounts on rack rates, early access to twilight rates and 10% off merchandise in the pro shop.

I have already recouped that $225 and I am not through 6 months yet.

Add in that it has one of the only grass ranges in the area and it is a screaming deal IMHO.

I think mine is 400 bucks for a year, unlimited balls. Grass hitting areas, putting green, covered and heated stalls for winter as well. The grass areas aren't always pristine, but good enough for me. Regular rate is 10 bucks for a large bucket. I probably hit 125 buckets a year there so it definitely pays off for me.

The course I go to has a deal where $225 for the year you get 50% off of range balls, free use of the short game area (regularly $10/hr), discounts on rack rates, early access to twilight rates and 10% off merchandise in the pro shop.

I have already recouped that $225 and I am not through 6 months yet.

Add in that it has one of the only grass ranges in the area and it is a screaming deal IMHO.

Being able to practice in a short game area/bunker is pretty important for me getting the membership - I use my area probably 50% of the time. I don't like hitting ball after ball on the range mindlessly and have to limit how much time I spend there - afraid of developing bad habits by mindlessly hitting ball after ball.

I pay $65 a month and as long as the range (hitting areas) stays in shape I am very happy. Wish they would cver mats when they know big storms are coming though. Our mats take almost 2-3 days to dry out and if the ground is still really wet they make us hit off the mats. Bye bye clean pants. LOL. I have to keep a spare pair in the truck so the wifey thinks I was at work all day :)

Back