What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

It was solid, I really don't have any major complaints. I still prefer the RX myself, but I have no issues playing these whenever I don't think.

If I ever play again:) The RX will be my ball for a long time. Just all around good performance for me literally from tee to green.

Played the new Titleist Velocity and again I came away impressed. It is LONG and straight, I compared it side by side with my normal gamer the ProV1X and it was atleast 5 or so yards longer, and in some cases 10+(but in those instances it was hard to tell whether it was due to my strike or not). I didn't notice much difference in full swing spin either into the green, the prov1x spun a few feet more from the pitch mark but that was it. Nothing major. I did notice some difference in green side spin and half wedge approaches but that was it. And even that isn't a big deal to me because I could just adjust the release on it. So if you're a high ball, high spin player like me and play on softer greens like I do I would highly recommend this ball, in fact I'm probably going to game it with the exception of the times I know I'm going to be playing a notoriously hard green where I could use some more spin. But to me the extra distance I got off the tee and them being half the cost makes it worth it to me to put them in the bag.
Interesting that your Velocity is longer than the ProV1x. I thought that the ProV1 (not x) were longer than the Velocity, and I was playing both at the same time. Does that mean that the V1x is shorter than the V1 off the tee?

For the 1st 9 holes yesterday I played an SR3, if performs fine, no complaints. When i get to 10 I will sometimes get a new ball, I reached in and grabbed a ball turned out to be a PROV1 i went with it, teed it up hit a good tee shot I thought "that felt good" & I said that aloud, my playing partner asked what it was I told him & he agreed for some reason the ProV1 just always feels good.

Played last night with the Wilson Staff FG Tour ball again. The ball feels great off off all clubs and the putter, and reacts well on approach shots.

A minor complaint would be how easily the cover stains if you don't clean the ball very well. I was practicing chipping the other night, and I had to hurry to something else, so I didn't get a chance to clean up the balls after I was done. When I pulled the ball out to play last night, I couldn't get the grass stains off. Doesn't really affect playability, so it's not a big deal.

TP3...Two bounce and in from 87 yard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Starting gaming the Bridgestone RXS in prep for the MC and like it quite a bit. Solid distance and great in and around the greens. Actually had a couple suck back for the first time since I played the Penta 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SR2. I know this is the year of the feels with golf balls, but these feel pretty firm and I love them. Still getting a bit more backspin with the driver than I like, but irons grab well, and low chips check really well. Now that my swing with my longer clubs has really improved, these are some great, great balls.

Play the E6 today ... really like it, was a Q-Star guy before, but will play these a while longer, to see if it is straighter ...

Have you tried the Supersofts, a little longer and straighter than the E6's
Play the E6 today ... really like it, was a Q-Star guy before, but will play these a while longer, to see if it is straighter ...

Have you tried the Supersofts, a little longer and straighter than the E6's

Yes I have ... jury is still out ... I have played them twice (last time was Tuesday) ... as odd as it sounds, I did not dislike them ... but they felt a bit funny off the driver to me? ... sort of hard to explain ... maybe tomorrow I will alternate between them ...

lol ... Honestly I read all the reviews on THP and run out an buy a sleeve ...

Callaway SS for about the 5th round in a row. Still undecided as to wheather they go in the bag over the B330-RX, the SS are slightly longer but the RX seem to play better from the shorter yardages.

Last edited:
I'm still gaming and enjoying the LaddieX. The past few years my "long" drives would be at 270 total distance, but I'm seeing several 288+ every round for the past few rounds with the LaddieX. I don't find any real issues around the green either, just play for a bit more roll out and it's all good. I used to think I needed a super spinny ball around the green, but now I'm not so sure.

I need to do a side by side comparison between this, the Cally SS, and the W/S duo, I have a sneeaking suspicion that they would be very similar though ,and the fact that these are less than half the price would be a no brainer for me.

Spent another round with the FG Tour and this ball just performs.

9 holes with ProV1x - did not lose it, drove 260+ a number of times, hit a PW 140 that stopped about 2 in from the ball mark. First time playing a V1x in a while, really enjoyed it! I am glad, too, cause I have about 40 of these floating around, was afraid that they had too much side spin off the driver. But, hit 6/7 fw today.

I played a pro v1. A golf course by my house sells very nice used one's for $2 so I always buy 1-2 a round.

Played my normal Tour Yellow Srixon Z-Star. I still love this ball and see no reason to change.
I am getting decent spin to the greens, great distance and yesterday was the 3rd round on the ball.

SR1. Awesome ball. more distance and feel than the e6 or B330-RX. Best round of the year.

Tried the SuperSoft, but it's not for me.

Played the Calloway SS along side the E6 today ... I am soooooo confused now ... I honestly i could not tell which ball I was playing unless I looked at the ball ...

keep in mind I basically suk ...

Did manage a 92 with both balls (that sounds kind of funny)

Picked up a sleeve of Nike RZN platinum and black to try out today. Played a quick nine with the platinums and they felt pretty good. Definitely worth giving a try. Going to try to blacks tomorrow and will update this post.

I've hit the same Bridgestone B330 for the last few rounds. It is such a wonderful golf ball.

Limited spin, yet somehow spins back with all irons and wedges. Great feedback off the putter, and the cover wear is exceptional.

Windy day today and the LaddieX shined all around, once again. I know this is a super cheap, probably rubbish, ball, but I always seem to play better with them for some reason.

Nike 20xi. Can't beat $20 a dozen at Academy.

swing your swing

Back