Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

I'm nowhere near that swingspeed jlukes, but I really need to hit one of these... Don't see it replacing the J40, but I could use a tee option for those days when driver just isn't working (unfortunately fairly often right now).

Definitely great from the tee, that's for sure - and it has the versatility to be hit from the deck. Might allow you to fill some other gaps in your bag by replacing both of your current fairway woods

Definitely great from the tee, that's for sure - and it has the versatility to be hit from the deck. Might allow you to fill some other gaps in your bag by replacing both of your current fairway woods

I'm actually afraid of the gap there might be between the 5deep and my 4H... Figuring all that out is half the fun though. Have to wait and see how it plays for me. I already know I like the tour green shaft.

I'm actually afraid of the gap there might be between the 5deep and my 4H... Figuring all that out is half the fun though. Have to wait and see how it plays for me. I already know I like the tour green shaft.

My hybrid is technically a 4, and there's about a 20 yard gap. (225 vs 245)

If you knocked out both fairway woods then you can perhaps fill the gap with a 3H

I'm actually filling out my bag this week and it looks like this is how it will be:

X2hot 10.5 --> X2hot 3w --> X2hot 5 deep --> X2hot 23* hybrid

Driver SS is about 95-100 MPH. Shaft in driver is Speeder 661s, Stock tour green stiff in 3w and 5 deep and hybrid.

913d2 driver -> 14.5 3deep -> blank -> 4 iron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after tons of reading and checking this thread a dozen times I pulled the trigger on the X2 Hot 3 Deep a couple weeks ago. Took it out this past weekend. That dude is a fairway finder like no other. Beautiful ball flight and just so easy to get on target. Only thing I don't love about this thing is the shaft length. I choke down about a half inch or so to get just a bit more control. Kudos to jlukes for being the perfect forum tester and constantly being available for feedback on the thread...

3 Deep - 4/4 FIR
Driver - 5/10 FIR with 3 OB :(
Wish I pulled that 3 Deep a little more on that tight course. I'm a dummy

So after tons of reading and checking this thread a dozen times I pulled the trigger on the X2 Hot 3 Deep a couple weeks ago. Took it out this past weekend. That dude is a fairway finder like no other. Beautiful ball flight and just so easy to get on target. Only thing I don't love about this thing is the shaft length. I choke down about a half inch or so to get just a bit more control. Kudos to jlukes for being the perfect forum tester and constantly being available for feedback on the thread...

3 Deep - 4/4 FIR
Driver - 5/10 FIR with 3 OB :(
Wish I pulled that 3 Deep a little more on that tight course. I'm a dummy
How's distance compared to your normal 3 wood?

How's distance compared to your normal 3 wood?

I used to play a 4 wood in an effort to add playing a fairway wood from the deck on par 5s but I never really wanted to add that risk to my game so I switch back to a club that I could capitalize with from the tee when using driver was risky and my 910f wasn't the answer there. So I switched to the 3 deep.

To answer your question it's much longer but not really a good comparison. From my old burner 3 wood this deep is still longer by 10-15 yards. I think most of that is rollout for me. I think the launch characteristics are so much better than anything else I've put in the 3 wood spot before.

I used my new 3deep for the first time last Friday. Absolutely love it!!! Very first swing I ever took was dead down the center, slight draw and 300y bomb. The ball flight is great with the stock shaft. My dad also hit it quite a few times and fell in love. I'm really excited to play the 3deep again this Friday.

Saw a couple guys murder these clubs over the weekend in Ocean City. 2 Deep is almost too long. Almost!

I have not gone through the whole thread so someone may have answered this already. Anyone done a side by side test with the 5 Deep and regular X2 5 wood? Looking to see how different they are with shots not hit dead center, as well as how they compare trajectory and distance wise. Looking for a fairway finder to complement my XHot 3 hybrid, but give me a little more yardage.

I have not gone through the whole thread so someone may have answered this already. Anyone done a side by side test with the 5 Deep and regular X2 5 wood? Looking to see how different they are with shots not hit dead center, as well as how they compare trajectory and distance wise. Looking for a fairway finder to complement my XHot 3 hybrid, but give me a little more yardage.

I haven't hit the X2 Hot 5 Wood, but the 5 Deep is easy to hit and fairly forgiving as far as I have seen. I get a nice penetrating ball flight off the deck, and a good, playable flight off of a tee. Heel hits are a little more effective than toe hits, as one would expect.

Cant seem to hit the 2deep as well as the 3 deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-As the name implies, deeper head/face
-No crown graphics for 5 Deep
-Different stock shafts
-18.5* for the 5 Deep, 5 wood is 19*
-Similar playability with the 5 Deep being preferred (by myself) off the tee.
-5 Deep is longer for me by far
-Trajectory will vary by the person, but I saw similar results in my time at ECPC even with the Deep being at 18.5*
-Both very forgiving and, depending on your miss, either may cater to your needs

Anything else I missed or messed up on?

-As the name implies, deeper head/face
-No crown graphics for 5 Deep
-Different stock shafts
-18.5* for the 5 Deep, 5 wood is 19*
-Similar playability with the 5 Deep being preferred (by myself) off the tee.
-5 Deep is longer for me by far
-Trajectory will vary by the person, but I saw similar results in my time at ECPC even with the Deep being at 18.5*
-Both very forgiving and, depending on your miss, either may cater to your needs

Anything else I missed or messed up on?
Sounds like a pretty good 1-2 punch with the Bertha for short par 4s. You can play it safe with the Deep, or just drive it with the Bertha like you did when you were here.

Sounds like a pretty good 1-2 punch with the Bertha for short par 4s. You can play it safe with the Deep, or just drive it with the Bertha like you did when you were here.

5 deep is still on my radar even though i have x2 hot 4 wood.

Can someone let me know if you need an above average swing speed to play the 3 Deep? My driver swing speed is anywhere from 95 -100.
Thanks

Can someone let me know if you need an above average swing speed to play the 3 Deep? My driver swing speed is anywhere from 95 -100.
Thanks

No way. The club is designed for all. My dad has a mid 90s swing speed and crushed it.

Thanks

Swing speed is fine but the shaft is definitely a lower launch and with the open face, it's not a gimme club. I have played the 5 deep several times now and it is great for long par 4s off the tee...much harder off the deck. I've gotten better with it now but it is definitely harder for me to hit than the regular X2 hot 3 wood.

Having said that, when I swing it well, it's amazing. My dispersion is not left and right but close and far...I've carried greens at 225 off the deck, which is very VERY good distance for me. Pin straight off the deck too, although I do have to be careful about it off a tee or it will slice (my problem, not the club's).

The low launch may be to my advantage, I hit shots very high off the tee and during fittings get low launch shafts recommended all the time.

Thanks

I have been able to demo a 3Deep 14.5 the last couple of days, and liking what I see so far. I had thought about trying the 5Deep, but decided I may want a little wider gap between my 3 hybrid and this club. The 3Deep has a real nice boring trajectory, and is loooong. Definitely better off the tee, but I can get a reasonable shot off the deck as well. I am going to do a little side by side with the X2Hot 3 wood this weekend on the course. On the range you can definitely tell the difference in the trajectory between the two, with the X2 3wood launching much higher. The 3 wood is also easier to hit off the deck. I would primarily use this club off the tee, so a little flatter trajectory is ok if it results in a little more roll out. On my home course I do not have the need it for a long approach shot, but may come in handy when I play other courses. Which makes the choice a little more difficult.

After hitting the 3Deep and the X2Hot I really wish I could justify buying the 3Deep, X2 3wood, 5Deep, and X2 5wood. Then mix and match them based on the course and conditions I was playing that day. I really like both versions of these clubs.

3deep and 5deep are the real deal. I really love the profile and off the tee they are absolute bombers. They play well of the turf as well. The issue is the gaps they create... 3deep being about 280 and 5deep about 260 and next club being 4 iron at 215 is interesting for sure. There are days I contemplate pullimg driver out and adding a hybo or take 3deep out and add hybo

Decided to go ahead and order a 3Deep 14.5. I have been real pleased with the results I have been getting with it off the tee after playing about 27 holes. Hit one that came close to where I usually end up when using driver. I got a real good deal on a site running a 4th of July special.

Loving my 2deep. Last 3rounds I hit it consistently straight only kidding fairways if I ran through the dogleg .
It hit on a penetrating trajectory on the lower side but can be raised by adjusting the tee height.
It lives up to its name.
I hit this thing deep. Normally of a tee a good drive is 250 to 270 yards.
Last 2rounds I hit it 260 to 275 and straighter than I ever did with a driver.
I am wowing all my playing partners. They all ask me about it as I out drive their drivers.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Tried the 2 deep again today, still haven't been able to have a full round with it, I always go back to the 3deep which is so much straighter for me. I still don't know which goes farther since the 2Deep usually slices away from the fairway (its my swong not the club). Apparently the 14.5 degree loft is the less I can have to shoot it straight, if I go down from there.. to 12.. is just like my driver.., no clue.

Need more time with it but I have a feeling that either I don't have the swing speed to hit a 12 degree fairway wood or the loft is too low for my faulty golf swing.

I'm actually pondering to upgrade from my xhot 3 deep to the x2hot 3 deep version, anybody has been able to compare them?, is it worth the upgrade?. Talking about technology and forgiveness wise, I know most people like the tour green shaft over the ProjectX.

Back