Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had fun swimming yesterday at Thompsons Lake. I can't wait to see her reaction when we take her to the ocean for the first time later this week.
ejyry8at.jpg

Someone had fun swimming yesterday at Thompsons Lake. I can't wait to see her reaction when we take her to the ocean for the first time later this week.
ejyry8at.jpg
Is that a doggy life jacket? How does she like it? Probably doesn't even notice it haha great pic

Is that a doggy life jacket? How does she like it? Probably doesn't even notice it haha great pic
Yeah it is a doggie life jacket. Funny part she hates to wear anything around her body but she is perfectly fine with that on.

Yeah it is a doggie life jacket. Funny part she hates to wear anything around her body but she is perfectly fine with that on.
Awww. My cousins have a couple labs that they take to their cottage on Lake Ontario and they are just so funny jumping through the waves on the beach side. They absolutely love the water

Awww. My cousins have a couple labs that they take to their cottage on Lake Ontario and they are just so funny jumping through the waves on the beach side. They absolutely love the water
When we first rescued her she was afraid of the water. Now she will swim all over if she has her life jacket on.

When we first rescued her she was afraid of the water. Now she will swim all over if she has her life jacket on.
Thats great! I wonder if there's an added sense of security with it being around her chest. I ask because I've heard of these thunder shirt things that are supposed to give that feeling and we thought about trying one because our girl has anxiety when we leave. Curious if it could be the same idea (besides the obvious of it helping her float haha)

Thats great! I wonder if there's an added sense of security with it being around her chest. I ask because I've heard of these thunder shirt things that are supposed to give that feeling and we thought about trying one because our girl has anxiety when we leave. Curious if it could be the same idea (besides the obvious of it helping her float haha)

I think it is the feeling of it helping her float for her. Lexie actually has anxiety about things being around her body. My sister bought a dog t-shirt for her for Christmas the first year we had her and Lexie had the thing shredded and off in no time flat. We are very lucky she doesn't have anxiety about us being gone, fireworks, thunder storms. I do know a couple people who have had some success with the thunder shirts.

I think it is the feeling of it helping her float for her. Lexie actually has anxiety about things being around her body. My sister bought a dog t-shirt for her for Christmas the first year we had her and Lexie had the thing shredded and off in no time flat. We are very lucky she doesn't have anxiety about us being gone, fireworks, thunder storms. I do know a couple people who have had some success with the thunder shirts.
Gotcha, yeah luckily our dog doesn't shred anything, in fact she doesn't do anything at all including eat. She just curls up in a ball on something of ours, could be clothes, pillows etc and just waits until we get home. The problem is that anything she hears she thinks its us coming home so she'll race back and forth between the windows or doors looking. Music or TV seems to help but we were hoping perhaps just something around her could be comforting. I think we'll just have to try it. Her not eating is really the biggest concern, you can tell because she was chained up and abandoned she saves her food and as soon as we get back she woofs it down. Also won't go in the yard to use the bathroom unless we stand with her. Poor thing, there's a place in hell for people who do things like that to animals. Glad to see your dog is loving the water tho, makes for a fun time!

Gotcha, yeah luckily our dog doesn't shred anything, in fact she doesn't do anything at all including eat. She just curls up in a ball on something of ours, could be clothes, pillows etc and just waits until we get home. The problem is that anything she hears she thinks its us coming home so she'll race back and forth between the windows or doors looking. Music or TV seems to help but we were hoping perhaps just something around her could be comforting. I think we'll just have to try it. Her not eating is really the biggest concern, you can tell because she was chained up and abandoned she saves her food and as soon as we get back she woofs it down. Also won't go in the yard to use the bathroom unless we stand with her. Poor thing, there's a place in hell for people who do things like that to animals. Glad to see your dog is loving the water tho, makes for a fun time!
Lexie was like that when we first got her she would freak when ever we would leave. One time she pulled an entire comforter in her crate with her and destuffed it. Lexie used to be afraid of little kids especially boys. I don't know what her previous owners let their kids do that made her afraid but I want to smack them every day for it. She is also still funny with her food a lot of times she won't eat unless one of us starts her eating by hand feeding her.

The downside of a rescue is they can never tell you everything that they went through.

It breaks my heart to think what these people did that made my sweet dog who (P.S. is amazing with kids now) afraid of them or afraid of the water.

Lexie was like that when we first got her she would freak when ever we would leave. One time she pulled an entire comforter in her crate with her and destuffed it. Lexie used to be afraid of little kids especially boys. I don't know what her previous owners let their kids do that made her afraid but I want to smack them every day for it. She is also still funny with her food a lot of times she won't eat unless one of us starts her eating by hand feeding her.

The downside of a rescue is they can never tell you everything that they went through.

It breaks my heart to think what these people did that made my sweet dog who (P.S. is amazing with kids now) afraid of them or afraid of the water.
Oh I know its absolutely the worst thing to think about. It still amazes me how they have this ability to not hold a grudge. I just can't fathom someone doing anything but kiss this face haha she says Nerf I'd like to try the water with you. (Haha she'd be so scared)
uvymy8u7.jpg

Oh I know its absolutely the worst thing to think about. It still amazes me how they have this ability to not hold a grudge. I just can't fathom someone doing anything but kiss this face haha she says Nerf I'd like to try the water with you. (Haha she'd be so scared)
uvymy8u7.jpg
Oh sweetie you can come swimming and camping anytime!!

Few shots of my boys.

e2u4ytyg.jpg

yzysysup.jpg

emy6y5y2.jpg

Someone is tired after playing in the ocean
gugaba6a.jpg

My lab is afraid of the water. Go figure.

Someone is tired after playing in the ocean

How does she like the ocean? When I had Buddy in Maine he originally had a blast jumping the waves as they rolled in, but then a big wave came when he wasn't expecting it and soaked him by surprise. He also didn't like the wet sand eroding under his paws. By day two, all he wanted to do was chase seagulls.

My lab is afraid of the water. Go figure.
She used to be it took a lot of times and a life jacket before we could get her to swim.
How does she like the ocean? When I had Buddy in Maine he originally had a blast jumping the waves as they rolled in, but then a big wave came when he wasn't expecting it and soaked him by surprise. He also didn't like the wet sand eroding under his paws. By day two, all he wanted to do was chase seagulls.
The tide was out and we are near the bay so no big waves. She absolutely loved it!!

This is Lexi, our yellow lab-hound(?) rescue. Taken during an all day rainstorm. Nothing to do but become a couch spud..

Attachments

• Lexi couch potato.jpg
    Lexi couch potato.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back