Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not bothered by the appearance of the crown, but I ask myself, if turbulators break up the laminar flow of air over the clubhead, thus increasing clubhead speed, shouldn't we have them on the bottom and sides of the clubhead as well? Or better yet, don't we already have them on the soles of most clubs in the form of the numerous slots, dimples, holes, grooves, indentations, cavities, ridges and channels that all clubs seem to have these days? And if the latter is the case, will these tiny protruberances on the crown really make that much of a difference?

Laminar flow disruptors do make an appreciable difference is racing swimsuits, race cars and jets, but six little fins on a clubhead going only 105 to 110? I think you could make a better case for increased speed with the completely dimpled driver. (Yes, ball dimples do need spin and speed to work well, but they still work a little with less of either.) What we need is for one of our aero-tech geek members to get this head in a wind tunnel next to the G25, ASAP!

I really don't mind it, it's kind of cool. With swing speeds over 100 mph, I could see it making a difference. Would love to give it some swings.

This thing is hideous (possibly more so than any of the Nike Covert drivers). It stands in stark contrast to the i25, which is very slick looking.

It's funny - I find this is pretty common. Many people have something against PING and then they swing something. Next thing you know - it's in the bag.

I never had anything against Ping per say. I tried the G20 and it was not for me, and I think their irons generally are ugly, and that stopped me from hitting them right there. The G25 looked great, had some good reviews especially regarding forgiveness ( which I find absolutely the truth ) so I gave it a shot - and I am glad I did.

Ping G30 Driver

I got this in hand this morning and got some info from the sales rep

Turbulators work to give 1-2% more club head speed

The bottom of the head design has aero dynamic properties as well structural stability and lighter weight there

New titanium face material and patented heating process

3 stock shaft options, stock 419 a 65g and 80g option all are counter balanced

The head is heavier than G25

Adapter is new and has 5 settings standard, +/-.5 & +/-1

The new adapter make the heel of the club weigh the same as a glued head

Edit

G30 has higher MOI on heel toe misses than previous they are saying 60%

Their is a removable weight that can be changed out to change swing weight

---other info---

3wd has turbulators, hybrid does not

3wood has a flatter crown than the g25 as does hybo

Their is a removable weight that can be changed out to change swing weight

This will be useful since it seems the club was designed with counter balance shafts in mind. Will make swing weighting aftermarket shafts easier.

Hideously ugly, but I'm sure it will perform. I'm surprised it has taken the golf industry this long to incorporate the top line drag reducers. Cars have been using this for years.

I've always loved Ping drivers and stack them up there with anything from Taylor Made.

This will be useful since it seems the club was designed with counter balance shafts in mind. Will make swing weighting aftermarket shafts easier.

That's what the rep said it was for as the stock shafts are "High Balance" aka back weighted

Looks like I will be trying the G30 as soon as I get my hand on one.

I really like my Ping Raptures... especially my V2 Driver. I've tried the i20 and the 'Anser" and stuck them both in a closet. I'll stay with my Rapture and hope Ping seriously considers releasing a whole new Rapture line. While I mostly game my Mizuno irons, I always game my V2 Driver and 3W. After the i20 and 'Anser', I don't think I'm ready for another Ping Driver change.

Sounds very interesting the lighter weight adapter should be very nice

Just bought a G25 driver and love it. Think the G30 looks mean and can't wait to give it a swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back