How do you hit 200 yards?

200 yards is a full swing well struck 3 hybrid for me.

Depends on the where the flag is (front or back), it's either a 3h or a 4w.

It depends on the terrain for me. I can draw a 7i that will run out to 200 or hit a high cut with a 4i that usually sits when it hits the ground. A hard 6 or a stock 5 would be right around there in most cases though.

Depends on if its up or down hill but usually its a 5i or light 4 hybo.

If I'm trying to get it there, it would be my 3 hybrid.

That said there are many times, I will choose to play it in two shot. Maybe a 8 iron to 140, if there is safe laup or bail out area, and take my chances with a 60 yard pitch shot.

Under ideal/normal conditions, 200 is pretty much a stock 4-iron. With extreme conditions I'll choke down on the 2H give it a lesser swing.

Depending on conditions for me it's either a 4 iron or a choked up 3 hybo. Normal swing my 3 hybo is probably around 215, but if I choke up quite a bit I'm comfortable swinging it for the 200 yard number.

i hit my 4 iron 200m, my 3 hybrid 216m and my 3 wood 234 m.. my gap is 180 to 200 meters out thats where im short

A perfect 4 iron is about 200-205 for me. That is under ideal conditions with the ball sitting nicely.

For me that's a 5i off the tee or a 4i off the turf. Even then, I probably won't hit my target.

200 yards is a full 4 hybrid for me.

Last edited:
It is a full 5 iron or I choke down on my 4 hybrid

Probably a 6. Varying circumstances could easily change it to a 7 or 5.

4 iron or a choked hybrid.

Sometimes from the tee I take a choked down stiff arm driver for a 200-220 down the fairway on par-4's where a shorter opening is better.

For 200 yards, I usually use my Mashie 20.5 hybrid or my X2Hot 5 200 and a 3/4 swing.

its a full 5 iron for me. unless its uphill or windy, etc.

For me that is an easy 4i - however I don't usually seeing myself hitting that into many greens - on long par 5s if I want to hit it to a wedge distance I typically will hit this as my 2nd shot....

Well struck 3h.

200 yards is a shot I currently don't have in the bag. My full on nutted 4 iron is a 190 ish club, and my 3 hybrid is 220--or I try to take something off and it goes 3 feet after the top. I've been considering a switch from a 3 hybo to a 4 hybo.

I can hit a 5 iron there in 1/10 shots, I could hit an easy 4 hybrid there 3/10 shots or I can split it up with an 8 iron and a pitch 6/10 shots. If there are a lot of trees or water around the green, I will use the 8 iron/pitch combo. If the green has sand guarding it or is open I will try the easy 4 hybrid because when I miss I am usually just a pitch or chip away.

4i or a 3h for me

Either a big big 5 iron of a smooth 4 Hybrid

Back