Don't see much changing, tbh.

Currently I would guess it looks like this:
1) TM
2) Callaway
3) Nike
4) Ping
5) Titelist
6) Cobra
7) Other -- Adams, Cleveland, Mizuno, Bridgestone, Wilson and Tour Edge are all kind of noise

I base this on things that I have heard about sales, what I see in new equipment on the course and how easily I have been able to sell metal woods from the various OEMs.

How about now?

I too, would love to see the list of current share. These sort of stats are poured over by the industry pros, but they don't often seem to trickle down to our street level.

I don't think my guess of the current stats is really very important, although I'd put TMag at the top, with or without including its Adams numbers. My feeling is that the bottom 5 minor players combined probably don't add up to one of the major players.

My only impression for the distant future is that the list goes Asian, as with the rest of golf. Srixon, Bridgestone and Mizuno get bigger.

1. Taylor Made
2. Ping
3. Titleist
4. Callaway
5. Cobra
6. Adams
7. Cleveland
8. Wilson
9. Mizuno
10. Tour Edge Exotics

Sorry Nike but your golf equipment is something gawd awful. No offence to you Oregon Duck fans out there...loll

I can see a company like Orlimar or Tour Edge Exotics willing to spend more and break through that mid tier equipment level they're currently at. Some pro sponsorships wouldn't hurt. I remember when Maxfli and Top Flite were some of the most sought after sponsors on tour back in the 80s and 90s.

Your the smartest man I have ever seen post on this wonderful website.
1. Taylor Made
2. Ping
3. Titleist
4. Callaway
5. Cobra
6. Adams
7. Cleveland
8. Wilson
9. Mizuno
10. Tour Edge Exotics

Sorry Nike but your golf equipment is something gawd awful. No offence to you Oregon Duck fans out there...loll

1. Taylor Made
2. Ping
3. Titleist
4. Callaway
5. Cobra
6. Adams
7. Cleveland
8. Wilson
9. Mizuno
10. Tour Edge Exotics

I think Nike struggled at first... but their products of late have been really really really good.

From driver all the way down to putters, I think Nike golf has made killer strides and is offering a great golf product.

I think Nike struggled at first... but their products of late have been really really really good.

From driver all the way down to putters, I think Nike golf has made killer strides and is offering a great golf product.

I agree. I've liked everything I've hit in their current line. Even the small changes in the covert driver make a big difference on last years.

I, for one, love their offerings this year. Improved Covert line top to bottom, and their Method series of putters are phenomenal, oh that Method Mod 60. They, like every company, are releasing great products.

I'd game Nike long before I touch Adams, TaylorMade, Titleist, Cobra or just about anyone other than Callaway. I may even game Nike wedges over the current Callaway offerings.

I can see a company like Orlimar or Tour Edge Exotics willing to spend more and break through that mid tier equipment level they're currently at. Some pro sponsorships wouldn't hurt. I remember when Maxfli and Top Flite were some of the most sought after sponsors on tour back in the 80s and 90s.

The Orlimar name is owned by some golf store in Michigan. They will go nowhere.

That's a sad story overall and one I hope to fully hear from JB some day.

That's just the opposite of what I'm hearing in my circles. In 2015 they will be releasing players irons and a new line of Titanium ATS drivers. I'm kind of excited to see what they bring to the market next year.

That's just the opposite of what I'm hearing in my circles. In 2015 they will be releasing players irons and a new line of Titanium ATS drivers. I'm kind of excited to see what they bring to the market next year.
You are hearing they are owned by someone else? Hmmmm.

I will just shed some light. The Orlimar that people think of were clubs designed by Jesse Ortiz. He has a tremendous history and has been creating clubs for Bobby Jones and his latest lines including Black for men and Rouge for women are tremendous.

Orlimar is owned by King Par, a store based in Michigan. They are trying to recreate a name that has some (small amounts) of history.

The idea that this new Orlimar is going to "break out" this quickly is just unfathomable in this landscape.

Love hearing reliable, accurate information.

Love hearing reliable, accurate information.

I'd love to hear the answer to the original teaser that opened the thread back in March.

1. Taylor Made
2. Ping
3. Titleist
4. Callaway
5. Cobra
6. Adams
7. Cleveland
8. Wilson
9. Mizuno
10. Tour Edge Exotics

Nike has come a very long way. Though I thought their original forged blades were some of the best I've played (played them for 10 years before replacing).

The VRS and Covert lines are fantastic and the Method putters are amazing as well. The Pro Combo irons are flat out amazing as well.

I don't know when the last time you tried Nike equipment, but I think you should definitely give them another look. They have a very solid line up for equipment.

Nike has come a very long way. Though I thought their original forged blades were some of the best I've played (played them for 10 years before replacing).

The VRS and Covert lines are fantastic and the Method putters are amazing as well. The Pro Combo irons are flat out amazing as well.

I don't know when the last time you tried Nike equipment, but I think you should definitely give them another look. They have a very solid line up for equipment.

I thought that Nike really missed a chance to take up a larger chunk of the market back when the Slingshot irons were released. They seemed to be quite popular around here at the time and had quite a few people looking at Nike clubs. The tin can sound of the drivers of that time period, often drove people away despite the fact that they actually performed pretty well.

I thought that Nike really missed a chance to take up a larger chunk of the market back when the Slingshot irons were released. They seemed to be quite popular around here at the time and had quite a few people looking at Nike clubs. The tin can sound of the drivers of that time period, often drove people away despite the fact that they actually performed pretty well.

I used to hit all the Nike drivers well. I had the original (don't remember the name), the Ignite, and a couple Str8 fit setups like the SQ. The Ignite is still in my brother's bag and still performs well.

Well, JB, you're back ITT now, are we gonna see how close we got now?

Back