DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about just once. A few years back I played it 3 to 4 times a month.

Haven't been there in about 3 years though, so I'll be curious to hear a current report.
You got it. It is about 45 minutes to an hour from me. I will definitely let you know

Played Renditions last year, it was in good shape. It tore my ass up, very fun course.

I have played it 3 times and I am 3-0 on the sawgrass hole, haven't been wet yet!

DC MD VA Area Chat

Up in Boston, but my girlfriend's parents live in Churchville.

Using Tapatalk

I thought you were up north but wanted to make sure you hand't moved and I missed it.

Would definitely love to get a round in with you when you're down next time or maybe a practice round in Palm Beach if you play one there.

Last edited:
You got it. It is about 45 minutes to an hour from me. I will definitely let you know

Yeah I used to drive right by 214 on my way home years ago and played it a lot.

Always loved it. It struggled a bit with condition in the early years. But is think they got that all corrected.

Played Renditions last year, it was in good shape. It tore my ass up, very fun course.

I have played it 3 times and I am 3-0 on the sawgrass hole, haven't been wet yet!

That's great. A buddy of mine had his name on the hole in one wall for making an ace on that hole. Pretty cool to see.

Might thought you were up north but wanted to make sure you hand't moved and I missed it.

Would definitely love to get a round in with you when you're down next time or maybe a practice round in Palm Beach if you play one there.

Most definitely, not sure when we're down in MD again, but I will definitely post in this thread.

Would love to tee it up in PB, hope we can make that happen.

Using Tapatalk

Great track, you will enjoy it. Perhaps, we can get a round in together sometime. I will be interested to hear of your thoughts and effort on hole 17. Regardless of how well or how poorly I may be playing, I know that soon I will be playing hole 17. Most times, I think I should just record a 5 and save the ball.

I'll let you know how it goes. Next time I'm up that way we should set something up

I'm moving to the Ft Meade area in November. 2 questions:

1) Any suggestions on places to live?

2) Far more importantly, what golf courses should I check out? I'm considering joining a private club, but playing various public courses is certainly in the running if the value is decent and they aren't too over crowded.

DC MD VA Area Chat

2) Far more importantly, what golf courses should I check out? I'm considering joining a private club, but playing various public courses is certainly in the running if the value is decent and they aren't too over crowded.

Columbia/Ellicott City and Elkridge are very close to FT. Meade and are located in Howard County. One of the best school systems in the country if you have kids.

You'll pay for it as housing in Columbia/Ellicott City is more expensive than Anne Arundel county ( where Fort Meade is located).

But areas of Anne Arundel that are nice are Annapolis and Odenton.

As for courses. There is a definite lack of affordable private clubs in the immediate area. Crofton CC close to Annapolis and Odenton is probably about a 30k initiation.

The good news, there are lots of great and affordable public courses. Listed in my order of preference.

Waverly Woods-Ellicott City area
Hobbits Glen-Columbia
Glen Dale-Bowie area
Timbers at Troy-Columbia/Elkridge
Renditions-Annapolis area
Eisenhower-not sure of conditions these days but very affordable

Hope that helps. Welcome to the area and feel free to ask away about anything.

Last edited:
Thanks, CAA! No kids to worry about, but the wife works in education so its good to know a good school system is near by. 30k is too rich for my blood too. I'll take a look at the courses you listed. I've always been a public course guy anyway, but thought I'd try something new. Maybe not!

Thanks, CAA! No kids to worry about, but the wife works in education so its good to know a good school system is near by. 30k is too rich for my blood too. I'll take a look at the courses you listed. I've always been a public course guy anyway, but thought I'd try something new. Maybe not!

No problem. Id love to find an affordable club close by as well. Just doesn't seem to be in the cards

Let us know when you get settled and we'll hook up for some golf. A few other THP'ers in the Baltimore area of the DMV.

You playing anywhere on the 4th Juan - is anyone?

I will probably get out and play Laurel Hill early...but I want to get home for the World Cup matches.

Up in Boston, but my girlfriend's parents live in Churchville.

Using Tapatalk

Hell Alex, I am like 10 minutes down the road in Bel Air! We'll have to play something up this way soon!

Hell Alex, I am like 10 minutes down the road in Bel Air! We'll have to play something up this way soon!

Nice, next time I'm down I'll PM you for sure! I play Wetlands or Chesapeake Bay at North East when I'm down but i'd love to play some different ones.

Using Tapatalk

I live in Annapolis and endorse the lifestyle in the Land of Pleasant Living. Additionally, as it relates to golfing venues, I love the Eastern Shore courses and living in Annapolis provides rather convenient access, except during summer weekends. Additionally, the Western Shore course are rather convenient as well. With no traffic problems, I guessing you maybe looking at a 20 to 30 minute commute to Ft. Mead.

Regardless where you may land, welcome and lets play some golf together. Speaking of Ft. Mead, got to go, NSA just contacted me to let me know my mother is trying to call me.

If you guys don't mind, let me make a HHJJ post in here for this thread.

Some of you may not understand how enjoyable it is to come into a local thread and talk about golf, courses, our games, get togethers and the like. Without having to wade through a bunch of sophomoric attempts at humor. Those that frequented previous boards know of what I speak.

So to all my THP DMV'ers I say Thank You...and hope you have a wonderful Holiday weekend.

Hey guys, has anyone played Royal New Kent or Stonehouse before near Richmond? Those are on my list of possible to play this weekend.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Hey guys, has anyone played Royal New Kent or Stonehouse before near Richmond? Those are on my list of possible to play this weekend.

Played them both. But it's been over 10 years ago. RNK is possibly one of the toughest courses in the state, but still enjoyable.

Played them both. But it's been over 10 years ago. RNK is possibly one of the toughest courses in the state, but still enjoyable.
If you had to choose one? Thanks for the quick reply :)

I've played them both as well. Stonehouse is in fabulous shape RNK is good as well. Its a toss up. Flip a coin and u will enjoy whichever u choose

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

If you had to choose one? Thanks for the quick reply :)

RNK. Because I like torture !! Ha. It's not that bad. Bit it's a golf experience you won't forget.

Stonehouse is one of my favorite courses to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back