What's the Tooth Fairy's going rate for a tooth these days?

Chocolate. 1-2 pieces of the Halloween sized candy has been the going rate here. They rarely get it so it's a big treat.

Someone has to invent some sort of toddler hans device for their car seats for when they fall asleep. Watching my daughter's head dangle there looks so uncomfortable. We push it back but the minute you brake or hit a bump it's right back there again.

Just got back from the wife's latest ob/gyn visit. He puts us at a delivery date a week early, which gives us approximately three weeks to go.

Just got back from the wife's latest ob/gyn visit. He puts us at a delivery date a week early, which gives us approximately three weeks to go.

Congrats on the new addition, ready?

I have 11 of my nieces and nephews at my house right now. 8 of them are little ones under 10....... I might have a drink soon.

I have 11 of my nieces and nephews at my house right now. 8 of them are little ones under 10....... I might have a drink soon.

Soon?!? You're way behind!!! Get too it and best of luck

Congrats on the new addition, ready?

As ready as I am going to be I suppose. Figure I don't know what the heck to expect so probably just going to have to wing it. Just hope I wing it well. Picked up a journal today, plan on writing to him often. Hope I have some useful advice to pass on to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As ready as I am going to be I suppose. Figure I don't know what the heck to expect so probably just going to have to wing it. Just hope I wing it well. Picked up a journal today, plan on writing to him often. Hope I have some useful advice to pass on to him.

That's great! I'm sure if you're ever stuck there are many people here who can help! My kids may turn out to be devils but I've been through it so if you need a little moral support or someone to tell you to suck it we are here for you.

That's great! I'm sure if you're ever stuck there are many people here who can help! My kids may turn out to be devils but I've been through it so if you need a little moral support or someone to tell you to suck it we are here for you.

Thanks. I imagine I will do a lot of question asking!

Parenting Thread

I'm at the Wed night GirlsForGolf clinic with my daughter. The girls are partnered up, one chips /pitches on the green and the other girl putts out. My daughter hit a 40 pitch shot to @ 3'...better than dad :). And her partner even drained the putt. That was fun to watch!
re9avysy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then she did it again on her next turn. We might just a golfer in the family!
etutamyt.jpg

If it makes you feel better I never fed nor changed a diaper until we had my daughter. It comes more natural than you think .

If it makes you feel better I never fed nor changed a diaper until we had my daughter. It comes more natural than you think .

No matter how much you think you know, or prepare yourself, you will never be ready.

Instincts kick in.

Congrats dude. Keep everything ready to go, the kids don't always listen to those projected dates (6 and 2 weeks early for us)

Congrats man. That is a great idea. You'll do just fine. Like the posts quoted below say, it will just kick in. A whole new side of you will be born.

No matter how much you think you know, or prepare yourself, you will never be ready.

Instincts kick in.

All ready for golf lesson #2!

musu3ypy.jpg

Congrats dude. Keep everything ready to go, the kids don't always listen to those projected dates (6 and 2 weeks early for us)
We're all packed. The only thing we haven't finished is this stupid Lemaze class, and to be honest, it's the dumbest thing we've had to take so far. Maybe the breathing techniques work, but our instructor babbles on for 90 minutes and we practice breathing for 10 before she has us all lie in "corpse pose" and meditate for 20. Just glad we didn't pay for it.

At any rate, other than being swamped at work and with my deadlines ... I'm fine with him coming tomorrow if he chose. I told my wife I expect him on or right around July 15th. The wife wants him to come the week after (so she can train her replacement at work) and right now that's what the doctor is predicting. We'll see who is right soon enough!

I'll tell you right now, we did all the breathing exercises too with our first, but as soon as my wife went into heavy labor, that stuff went right out the window. I remember trying to do the breathing with her, and boy the things she had to say to me cannot be repeated in ANY public forum.

Best breathing technique around is holding your breath while they do the epidural.

Those classes don't come in handy much once it gets down to business. We took a class about taking care of the baby where you did actual things with a doll. Sounds silly, but that one was much more valuable.

The only thing from the class that helped us was the advice that you (husband) better run for help if the wife says she feels like she needs to push.

Hey, if you don't mind me saying, use as much FML time as you can after the kid comes. Sometimes us dads can be a little dismissive about baby stuff. I only used like a week with my son and it was a huge mistake. I used the full amount of time with my daughter and it was one of the best things ever.

The only thing from the class that helped us was the advice that you (husband) better run for help if the wife says she feels like she needs to push.

Hey, if you don't mind me saying, use as much FML time as you can after the kid comes. Sometimes us dads can be a little dismissive about baby stuff. I only used like a week with my son and it was a huge mistake. I used the full amount of time with my daughter and it was one of the best things ever.
If you can take on the no pay, absolutely do it. I only took a week for each, but I definitely wish I could have done more.

Completely agree. I took 2 full weeks with my son, our second. I'll always wish I did that with our daughter too.

I planned on taking a month. I do have an overseas trip a month after he is born, which will need some prep work, but other than that ... I'll be home with him and the wife.

Two weeks is plenty. My advice is to keep a few clubs in the car in case if you have to run errands and there just so happens to be a range nearby lol.

Back