New hybrid & fairway wood- G25 v X2 hot v SLDR-S your thoughts ?

Essex.UK

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi I am in the market for a new hybrid and fairway wood, probably a 5 wood and hope to hit all of the above. I am currently hitting very straight but do not hit a high ball. I am still working on this in my lessons and hope to add more height soon. I currently play 2009 Cleveland launcher hybrids and fairway woods. My lowest lofted iron is my 5 iron Speedblade which I hit on average 165- 170 yards (including roll out).
I will be seeing the same fitter who sorted out my Speedblades but I was just looking for feedback from people who may have already hit these.
Thanks

it's not on your list but i would say about the covert fairway wood as i have found i get a little more height with it, where in essex are you im from witham way if your close can always have a go with mine,

All good options. Go take a look, find what fits your eye and go from there. I agree with aplayer, the Covert should be on your list as well. Also don't forget the Titleist, Cobra, Cleveland and Adams options.

I have gamed a G25 hybrid, gave the Cleveland 588 H3 a go, and currently play an X2Hot. I ended up with the one that fit what I wanted, performance wise. For me the Cleveland and G25 flew a little higher than the X2Hot, and were less consistent in directional dispersion. Having said that, the 588 wins in the looks department, and I preferred the sound of the G25.

I have the G25 23 degree hybrid and can hit it very well. It's quite forgiving and I love it. Used to have Adams OS12...Also super forgiving.

Have you considered the TM Jetspeed fairway wood? They can be had for a great price.

Hi the fitter I am seeing only deals with ping callaway taylormade and mizuno.
i have just seen the thread on the new ping g30s and wonder if I should delay my fitting until they come out.

I have hit all except the SLDRs but i have the SLDR FW i really like those so i wold imagine the S would be very similar but the G25 were also very solid i am not a fan of the sound and feel of the X2Hot but the go a long ways

I hit the G25 hybrid in a net the other evening and it felt great - hoping to hit one so I can get some numbers soon. The older pings looked awful to me, but the G25 sets up & looks nice. I currently have the X2hot 3 hybrid... it is nothing but a hook machine for me. My Adams A4 4 hybrid is still straight to a slight draw, so it is the club. Sometimes you just get one you don't get along with!

Definitely try the x2 hot fairway. Mine just arrived today and it really performs. If the sldr s is as spinny and short as the sldr mini (same family) the x2 destroys it.

Never hit the SDLR hybrid but had to make a decision lately between G25 and X Hot. I ended up with X Hot because I add better numbers but I must admit that G25 is a nice product. Don't overlook the G30 which is unveiled these days, it seems to be a real good choice. But I think you can't go wrong with either G25 or X Hot, just pay attention to choose the appropriate shaft...

I have just realised I missed of the callaway big Bertha for the fairway woods . Also does any one hit a 7 wood anymore how are they from the deck now?

I have just realised I missed of the callaway big Bertha for the fairway woods . Also does any one hit a 7 wood anymore how are they from the deck now?

I did two weeks ago. A senior touring pro, member in my club, carries one and, as I'm now playing cally BB fairway wood, let me hit his 7 wood. This thing is crazy, stupid easy and very long. Hitit on a 175m par 3 and flew over the green. I also hit from the deck on a par 5 and it's perfect. If I had to buy a 7 wood, I will not looking further than this one.

Back