UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

Just thought I would point out to anyone keeping up to date on the thread that we'll all be country hopping on Sunday.
For instance I'll be leaving from Scotland, driving through England and arriving in Wales.
Almdudler will be Sweden, England, Wales assuming direct flights into Londons airport was the preffered route.
The Swedette is currently on a tour so who knows which shops she will be stopping in on the way to the golf.
The Dane is making his usual (bi-monthly??) excursion across the Channel.
I don't believe we have any Welsh residents participating so everyone else is travelling from England to Wales.

Probably less distance than a lot of guys in the US travel, but probably sounds more impressive when you say you are travelling through several countries to play a round of golf ha ha

In order to be arriving on time, my journey is actually: Sweden - Denmark - England - Wales.. :blob:

Starting to think what I am wearing over the 2-days and what to bring & wear after the golf, is their any kind of dress code for Sunday night, I know its a resort so it not overly formal but....

Have a great weekend boys and debutant lady! Wish I could be there but Tour de France 300m from my house beckons! Have a blast!

Starting to think what I am wearing over the 2-days and what to bring & wear after the golf, is their any kind of dress code for Sunday night, I know its a resort so it not overly formal but....

No matter how convincing El B is, a lampshade is not part of the ensemble.

Safe travels to everyone!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It was all very informal when we were down there the other week, anything goes for after golf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just planning on jeans and a polo shirt - Belfrey last year didn't have any issues with that so I can't see it being a problem here either

I was just planning on jeans and a polo shirt - Belfrey last year didn't have any issues with that so I can't see it being a problem here either

As you say Doc you can dress as you like. We ate in the Morgan Room and out of our fourball we had jeans, chinos and me in shorts. A two ball had finished late and they were eating in their golf cloths. Really no probs on the evening dress code. Just have some damn good fun and enjoy it guys :)

I did find that swim shorts in the pool were the correct way to go!! :)

As you say Doc you can dress as you like. We ate in the Morgan Room and out of our fourball we had jeans, chinos and me in shorts. A two ball had finished late and they were eating in their golf cloths. Really no probs on the evening dress code. Just have some damn good fun and enjoy it guys :)

Had them chicken legs out did you Si.....? :D

Had a quick look at the forecast earlier and it is now showing rain for the next few days - hoping that doesn't appear

In full glory Doc!!

Yep some bad weather due South east tomorrow, just hoping it comes in early as it's not great for day one of Club Champs!!

Last range time before the event.. New shaft (warranty ) and grip on the driver.. One early round tomorrow then it's a lot of sleep.. Going up at 3 am on Sunday..
8agedupu.jpg

Edit: I really hope there are holes without out of bounds sticks.. I'm like an aerosol can.. :(

Last edited:
There won't be any time to hit the range or course tomorrow so last weeks round was the last time I hit a ball, but I will no doubt hit the range on Sunday before we tee-off

Only thing left to do now is to make sure everything is in my bag and throw some clothes in a bag for each day and probably some swimming shorts for a swim after the round on Sunday. Very much doubt I will hit the gym, but you never know.....

Edit - you could borrow my laser 5W if you want Almdudler, but you will have to learn to play the right way round :D

I'm going to arrive around lunchtime, I don't like hanging around the house so I'll set off around 10am-ish and attempt a leisurely 2hr drive, but I know that will fail after the fist car overtakes me so I will probably be their 1hr earlier!

How will we know each other, I know Stu but I think that's it? Shall we all wear a carnation or something daft :)

If I'm very early I'm going to see if I can use the pool, sauna etc before the official check-in time, if not, I'll be the drunk in the corner :drinks:

Guys and Girls

I hope you all have a great time and enjoy the golf , the company and the facilities. I will get to one of these one day

Status update on The Swedette: Torqay and shopping today meant two pairs of (stiletto) heels and golfballs (after my first round on a golf course yesterday after getting new clubs and changed my swing I'm donating loads and loads of balls to the impossible rough/out of bounds!!)

I'm going to arrive around lunchtime, I don't like hanging around the house so I'll set off around 10am-ish and attempt a leisurely 2hr drive, but I know that will fail after the fist car overtakes me so I will probably be their 1hr earlier!

How will we know each other, I know Stu but I think that's it? Shall we all wear a carnation or something daft :)

If I'm very early I'm going to see if I can use the pool, sauna etc before the official check-in time, if not, I'll be the drunk in the corner :drinks:

I am hoping that we will get there between 12.30 and 1pm so that we can grab something to eat before the afternoon round, but I will most likely travel in my Callaway Big Bertha t-shirt so should be easy enough to spot for those who don't know me

Alternatively, you could look for Sam dressed in some strange combination of golf clothes..... :alien:

Once the troops start gathering it would be good if someone could post the meeting point/bar location. Save me scouring the whole hotel or sitting at the wrong bar.
Either that or I keep an eye out for the lady golfer in heels ha ha

UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

Have an awesome time everyone, happy golfing and plenty of laughter. Gutted I'm missing it but will hopefully make the next one. El B can't possibly make it two on the bounce???

Good new here as I'm 1 shot off the lead after day one of club champs, carded a 71....woohoo! Bring on tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Have an awesome time everyone, happy golfing and plenty of laughter. Gutted I'm missing it but will hopefully make the next one. El B can't possibly make it two on the bounce???

Good new here as I'm 1 shot off the lead after day one of club champs, carded a 71....woohoo! Bring on tomorrow :)

Nice job bud! Finish strong!!

My last 4 rounds at my club have been 83,85,86,86, hoping to go low for our tourney next month!!!

Nice job bud! Finish strong!!

My last 4 rounds at my club have been 83,85,86,86, hoping to go low for our tourney next month!!!

Hey Rush, hope all is well mate. Keep up that scoring run it's very consistent so shows you are on the right track! Good luck in the tourney and let me know how you get on.

Really looking forward to tomorrow will give it a damn good go!! :)

Big love to the family.

Have a blast boys and girls, looking forward to full reports, lots of pics, some gossip and scandal :D

I've been playing without a driver for the last couple of months - decided today to take it to the range and give it a whirl again, with mixed results. If the course really is as tight as some have described it, I might leave it in the car.

Carl and I are leaving Brum at 11, so should arrive just before 1pm.

Considered a blazer and tie - or indeed my Henley outfit. Then the wife punched me.

I suspect - a simple straightforward - Wear your THP shirt - (in fetching Lime)

Have a great weekend boys and debutant lady! Wish I could be there but Tour de France 300m from my house beckons! Have a blast!

't tour de Yorkshire by 'eck.

No matter how convincing El B is, a lampshade is not part of the ensemble.

Safe travels to everyone!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Duffer - I know you like a good lampshade...

It was all very informal when we were down there the other week, anything goes for after golf!

Si - that is because you are .....well - I'm surprised RSG let you in to be honest. What is the world coming to? :beauty:

Relax girls. Wear what the hell you want! I will be pairing my lime THP Polo with some fetching pink strides.

The Dane and I are returned from 18 at RSG on Friday (Glorious weather, glorious course, pompous place) and 27 at Princes today (Great weather, cracking courses and nice place).

Look forward to those heels Suedette!

Back