DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to play somewhere out that way tomorrow morning again. While the wife is working, the husband will play!

I played this morning - shot an 86. The wind was pretty bad, but some of the holes were in the valley and not too bad. Direction changed a lot!

Welcome to the valley below the "mountain" winds never stay the same direction for long.

Yeah it's tough with everyone's summer schedule to set up something like that. But it would be incredible to get any amount of us together for a mini-stay and play somewhere within a 2 hour hour drive or so.

Gettysburg area has some great courses. Other possibilities that could be great 2 day one night trips.

Penn National
Hershey
Queenstown
Williamsburg
Frederick area of course

Or even a Laurel Hills and Potomac Shores duo. That would be two great rounds of golf.
I like the sounds of that Rob. But I'm thinking if we can get some people to arrange a few single round get togethers we will gain some momentum in getting this group together. It's a bit easier for people to commit for a single day during the busy summer months. Just a thought

I like the sounds of that Rob. But I'm thinking if we can get some people to arrange a few single round get togethers we will gain some momentum in getting this group together. It's a bit easier for people to commit for a single day during the busy summer months. Just a thought

Yeah, definitely agree. It seems tough enough to coordinate two or three guys for one day, let alone a group for a couple days.

As soon I can start playing again (a week to 10 days) I'll be up for some Saturday or Sunday rounds.

I am always game for a Saturday or Sunday round.

The coordination definitely takes some doing I think it also stems from people being a little nervous about meeting people from THP. I know it is crazy to think but once people take the leap they will never look back.

We will get something together soon. Like Kevin said we need to build off the momentum from OC and get something planned.

I am always game for a Saturday or Sunday round.

The coordination definitely takes some doing I think it also stems from people being a little nervous about meeting people from THP. I know it is crazy to think but once people take the leap they will never look back.

We will get something together soon. Like Kevin said we need to build off the momentum from OC and get something planned.

Sounds good to me. No nervousness on my part. Kevin has already seen my crappy game so nothing to hide. Ha

For me every May and June is busy and this year I had the injury thrown in on top of it. But July and August should be a lot more open for me, and I certainly don't mind traveling an hour or so to play.

Let's shoot for an August get together.

Let's shoot for an August get together.

Sounds good. That way you'll have lots of MC stories to share.

Of course I plan on at least one or two rounds before then. So if anyone comes up wih an opening the next few weekends let me know.

Great track, you will enjoy it. Perhaps, we can get a round in together sometime. I will be interested to hear of your thoughts and effort on hole 17. Regardless of how well or how poorly I may be playing, I know that soon I will be playing hole 17. Most times, I think I should just record a 5 and save the ball.

Great course, best $40 in golf I have ever spent. I even parred #17! Next time I'm up here I'll let you know.
zu8uguta.jpg

DC MD VA Area Chat

Great course, best $40 in golf I have ever spent. I even parred #17! Next time I'm up here I'll let you know.
zu8uguta.jpg

Very nice. And you played the real tees, not hrs floating driving range mat they use for the up tees. :)

How was the wind on that hole. Isn't 18 a gorgeous finishing hole as well.

P.S. It's just amazing that they have a $40 deal for that course. Has to be the best bargain in the state.

Last edited:
If you guys play on a Sunday let me know. August Sundays are iffy but I still want to get a round in.
Bro I will shoot for a Sunday....around the 17th

Very nice. And you played the real tees, not hrs floating driving range mat they use for the up tees. :)

How was the wind on that hole. Isn't 18 a gorgeous finishing hole as well.

P.S. It's just amazing that they have a $40 deal for that course. Has to be the best bargain in the state.

The wind wasn't too bad, no more than a club on any hole. Yesterday it would have been brutal with the wind. I can't believe how big the greens are. Great for gir, also great for 3 putts... Shot a 85 first time out, I'll take it.

DC MD VA Area Chat

Let's get some discussion going for 17 Aug. primarily general location for us to target getting together. I was thinking renditions. Or the general area. Northern Va works too.

Last edited:
Let's get some discussion going for 17 Aug. primarily general location for us to target getting together. I was thinking renditions. Or the general area. Northern Va works too.

I will x this date on our calendar. And Id love to get out to Renditions again.

I will x this date on our calendar. And Id love to get out to Renditions again.
Yes save the date. But actual location has yet to be determined. Waiting to hear from people so we can shoot for a happy medium for travel.

you NOVa boys can offer up suggestions as well.

Yes save the date. But actual location has yet to be determined. Waiting to hear from people so we can shoot for a happy medium for travel.

I'm in! Have to double check with the wife if she works that day but I'm on leave from work so I'd love to play.

Suggestion wise I think something in MoCo might be a good meeting place. There are a couple great course in Frederick too but I don't know if that's too far north for the NOVA people

I'm in! Have to double check with the wife if she works that day but I'm on leave from work so I'd love to play.

Suggestion wise I think something in MoCo might be a good meeting place. There are a couple great course in Frederick too but I don't know if that's too far north for the NOVA people

Maybe Blue Mash or Little Bennett? In the Frederick area a great course for a reasonable price is Hollow Creek.

Maybe Blue Mash or Little Bennett? In the Frederick area a great course for a reasonable price is Hollow Creek.

I think that might be a little far for the NOVA guys. Blue Marsh in Olney? That would be nice. There's also PB Dye and Worthington Manor

Oh yeah. I know the course is still TBD. The venue isnt as important to me as a chance to get as many of us together as possible. I don't mind driving a distance at all.

I think somebody wrote a nice review on one of those Frederick area courses today :)

One in Virginia that isn't horrible for us central MD guys to get to is Raspberry Falls just north of Leesburg. Easy trip out 70 then south on 15,

I think somebody wrote a nice review on one of those Frederick area courses today :)

One in Virginia that isn't horrible for us central MD guys to get to is Raspberry Falls just north of Leesburg. Easy trip out 70 then south on 15,

Still working on the date, but Raspberry Falls is an awesome track.

Never heard if it but if you say so ill take your word for it, I'm in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back