What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
78, but a really disappointing one.

Had an 8 iron into a par 5 for a second shot after piping my drive and took a 6 hitting into an amazing concrete bunker.

3 other times I had 120~ out and missed greens. My wedge play is just total garbage right now. I can't get through the ball I am flipping everything.

I did something similar twice today. I hit two really nice drives on Par 5s and only had a gap wedge and an 8i in for the second shots. Missed the green with both, on bad swings with both. Then couldn't get up and down on either ball. Two Pars with those clubs in my hands for the second shot is just atrocious.

Story of my round.

Shot 83 on course I had never played before, a beautiful course. Then lunch and the sister course...the hardest course ever. 94. I admit, a few holes I just lost interest in the wrong spot, and made double mistakes, could've been easily a 85-87. But the course was nuts. Rating / Slope....73.2 / 139.

Shot even 72 today. Was -3 after 4 and had everything clicking. Even missed a ten footer for birdie on 3 that lipped out. Ran into a few tough holes on 8 and 9 playing into the wind which I made bogey on. I had tons of opportunity to make birdies on the back after hitting some really good approach shots including 2 from 5 feet and in I couldn't finish. Chipping and pitching were solid again as well as the tee game.

Shot 83 on course I had never played before, a beautiful course. Then lunch and the sister course...the hardest course ever. 94. I admit, a few holes I just lost interest in the wrong spot, and made double mistakes, could've been easily a 85-87. But the course was nuts. Rating / Slope....73.2 / 139.

Nice teammate! Solid number on a tough course! The rating on the back at my home course is 38/138 so I know what you dealt with :)

Shot even 72 today. Was -3 after 4 and had everything clicking. Even missed a ten footer for birdie on 3 that lipped out. Ran into a few tough holes on 8 and 9 playing into the wind which I made bogey on. I had tons of opportunity to make birdies on the back after hitting some really good approach shots including 2 from 5 feet and in I couldn't finish. Chipping and pitching were solid again as well as the tee game.

Excellent round. You must have been playing some really good golf.

Question: are you more satisfied about shooting par or more dissatisfied that you couldn't keep the sub-par round intact?

Excellent round. You must have been playing some really good golf.

Question: are you more satisfied about shooting par or more dissatisfied that you couldn't keep the sub-par round intact?

Thanks, man. I really only had 2 bad shots. My misses have been pretty good lately if that makes sense.

That's a good question. After the great start, I had visions of a sub 70 round, so to not break par I'm a little disappointed. But I was playing a fairly tough course and it was a two club wind today, so shooting par is something I'm proud of. I didn't take advantage of the many opportunities I had to make more birdies. I had 7 legitimate changes to make birdie on the back, but couldn't convert any of them.

To answer it, I'm more happy that I shot par and happy to know it could have been much better.

Thanks John.

I've had a couple rounds recently where my score was good (for me), but I knew that a sub-par round was definitely in play but for a couple dumb mistakes. I wanted to see how a very good player thought about rounds like that.

I didn't even think of the wind you guys were having. It's windy here, but nothing close to what you're dealing with right now. Par under those conditions is a heck of a round.

I did something similar twice today. I hit two really nice drives on Par 5s and only had a gap wedge and an 8i in for the second shots. Missed the green with both, on bad swings with both. Then couldn't get up and down on either ball. Two Pars with those clubs in my hands for the second shot is just atrocious.

Story of my round.

Atrocious is being 15' off the green in two on a par 5 and making bogey.

#yesimtalkingaboutmyself

Thanks John.

I've had a couple rounds recently where my score was good (for me), but I knew that a sub-par round was definitely in play but for a couple dumb mistakes. I wanted to see how a very good player thought about rounds like that.

I didn't even think of the wind you guys were having. It's windy here, but nothing close to what you're dealing with right now. Par under those conditions is a heck of a round.

I've had 3 sub par rounds this year, and I've played a ton so me sniffing par or under is kind of rare.

I've had lots of rounds where I've done the same things and a mistake or two away from going under. The often I have rounds like this , the more comfortable I am with.

Story of my round.

It's pretty embarrassing as well. Oh well. I'm finally breaking 80 consistently again.

Played True Blue today and shot 97 even after 2 birdies on the par 3. Also hit 10/13 fairways. For all you Morgan Cuppers, don't let up after finding the fairway as the fun has only begun. Had several adventures out of the bunkers and chipping to large mounds in the enormous greens. oh, and I had 3 three putts. I feel like I'm close to putting up some lower scores but just can't seem to cut out the blow-up holes.

Back to more normal, mediocre scores for me at my home course. 38 - 40 - 78. Not a birdie in sight today. 5 fairways, 6 greens, 31 putts and a bunch of pars and bogeys.....

Played True Blue today and shot 97 even after 2 birdies on the par 3. Also hit 10/13 fairways. For all you Morgan Cuppers, don't let up after finding the fairway as the fun has only begun. Had several adventures out of the bunkers and chipping to large mounds in the enormous greens. oh, and I had 3 three putts. I feel like I'm close to putting up some lower scores but just can't seem to cut out the blow-up holes.

I can not wait to get there!!

Played today on a 27 hole course.
1st nine = 43 With a +4(8) on a par four
2nd nine = 38 7 pars and 2 bogeys
3rd nine = 39 4 pars 4 bogeys 1 birdie

A rather disappointing 77. I came straight from a lesson so I'm chalking it up to need more time to work on the small changes.

A rather disappointing 77. I came straight from a lesson so I'm chalking it up to need more time to work on the small changes.

Nothing to be ashamed of with a 77. Many guys would kill to shoot that.

Story of my round.

Dude....you really need to start playing the back tees. Your playing the wrong tees if your hitting a gap into a par 5 for your second.

Nothing to be ashamed of with a 77. Many guys would kill to shoot that.

Not good enough if I'm looking at you on the tee box on Sunday the 27th.

Tale of two nines AGAIN.......

Front Nine - 43 with 5/7 fairways, 1/9 GIR's and 12 putts.

Back Nine - 36 with 7/7 fairways, 7/9 GIR's and 16 putts.

It was a good 79 because I was able to keep my head and my temper. Also, by staying calm, I believe I found something with my driver which has not been great lately. Irons were so crisp on the back. Found something there too.

Tomorrow is the course that has historically had my number. Tight, long and very firm greens. Going in confident after today's back nine.

JM

Last edited:
Bad front today (2 penalties) 43 eliminated penalties on the back for a 37 for an 80. Except the 2 penalties (2 drives OB) was happy with the round

Had a very fun round today with GregDan, GregDan's dad, and amsmith61. Par 71, and we played from 6400.

I went out in 34 and came back in 34. Was putting absolutely lights out for a majority of the round, and nearly had a career finish had it not been for the silly mistake made on 18.

Either way, it was an awesome day with great people.

Had a very fun round today with GregDan, GregDan's dad, and amsmith61. Par 71, and we played from 6400.

I went out in 34 and came back in 34. Was putting absolutely lights out for a majority of the round, and nearly had a career finish had it not been for the silly mistake made on 18.

Either way, it was an awesome day with great people.
I feel like this was a very serious round, with no joking.

I feel like this was a very serious round, with no joking.

I was told to stop grinning numerous times, and I was not grinning at my golf game at these specific intervals hahahaha

So much fun with those characters.

I was told to stop grinning numerous times, and I was not grinning at my golf game at these specific intervals hahahaha

No doubt, that's a fun crew, Lots of good people.

Maybe it's just me. Every time I have played with you, I almost had to tickle you to get a smile. ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back