Installed New Shafts

Sposey549

Golfaholic
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I have been gaming KBS Tour shafts since I got fit and bought my MP 54 irons. The optimizer gave me the 3 top shafts and I picked the KBS since I've played the KBS Tour 90's. Well they were not for me so I went had them replaced with the other option but not before testing other. The DG XP shafts are nice. Seems easier to launch and I picked up some ball speed also.

cheaper to replace shafts than clubs

I am definitely one who thinks you need the shaft that are best fit to your swing and style. Going to slightly heavier shafts has helped me a ton over the ultra light 85-90 grams steel shafts.

I am definitely one who thinks you need the shaft that are best fit to your swing and style. Going to slightly heavier shafts has helped me a ton over the ultra light 85-90 grams steel shafts.
I found that the lighter iron shafts (90g) gave me better performance on my best shots, but overall consistency improved big time with a shaft in the 110-120 range.

I found that the lighter iron shafts (90g) gave me better performance on my best shots, but overall consistency improved big time with a shaft in the 110-120 range.

This is where I'm at, although I think my optimum is like 105 or 110 - the PXi's in 5.5 always impress the hell out of me.

I just went from PX6.5s which were 136g to DgX100 Tour Issue shafts that are 125g. I have found them to have more of the piercing ball flight that I like and the lesser weight has not been as tiring on my body.

I wish I could game lightweight steel shafts but I just can't get comfortable. I don't have any issues with distance so Ill continue to game what works. Although I am looking to try a set of Recoils in 110 so its a step in the lighter direction.

Back