What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me. Every time I have played with you, I almost had to tickle you to get a smile. ☺

That is a bold faced lie... mostly haha! I might have been annoyed for a hole or two

Had a very fun round today with GregDan, GregDan's dad, and amsmith61. Par 71, and we played from 6400.

I went out in 34 and came back in 34. Was putting absolutely lights out for a majority of the round, and nearly had a career finish had it not been for the silly mistake made on 18.

Either way, it was an awesome day with great people.

Awesome round Sir.

Shot a 92 ... Working my way to below 90 ... Had a par 5 to screw me raw ... It owns me every time I play it...

Heck of a round. ..looks like you are on a nice little hot streak right now

Thanks Mike. I feel like my game has improved just slightly. Funny thing is I go out for a round with mates with nothing on the line and don't play as good, but when I have to play for something I seam to play better. I must admit I am really enjoying my golf at the moment.

Some very, very nice scoring in here lately guys. Dan and Freddie with the scores in the 60's WOW that is amazing, I can only dream of those scores, you guys are awesome. As well as all the scores around or just under par, there is some courses being ripped up lately. Its great to see.

Last edited:
I was told to stop grinning numerous times, and I was not grinning at my golf game at these specific intervals hahahaha

So much fun with those characters.

Funny...I've been told to stop grinning but the context wasn't as pleasant. LOL

Nice round buddy.

Nice wake up call today going 51/44 @ Old Corkscrew from the Blue tees (6617 yds 74/146). Narrow tree lined fairway just get in the way of my drives lol. The greens were probably the most undulating that I've ever played. Best part was playing with new THPer Gilly who just got the Apex irons and hit em great. Nice guy and I'll definitely tee it up with him again.

The good feelings continue, played the Yellow this morning at Bethpage and shot 39 36 75, 4 over on the front, even on the back (2 bogies and 2 birdies), contact was the best all season with no mishits, 60% FIR, 56% GIR, and 32 putts, taking a week off (going racing next weekend), its killing me after now carding 30 sub 80's rounds in a row

About the weirdest course I have played today, on the side of a ski hill. Hole #9 had the chair lift and bunny hill on it. Trying to play a ton of different courses. Another course I had never played before, and unlike what I am used to at all.

Insane changes of elevation.. Tight fairways.

About the best day I have ever had with the driver, absolutely striping them straight and long.

Par 72, shot 46 front, 44 back. Left so many strokes on the table with piss poor short game. 1 lost ball, final hole, when I decided to pull hybrid when the first time round I hit 7 iron from the tee... absolute mental lapse there.

One of my better rounds of the year today with a 40/37 77.
12 Fwys
10 GIR
32 Putts
0 Penalties

Shot an disappointing 95 this morning, but then followed it up at a different course in the afternoon with an 85. Not exactly the pillar of consistency over here.

82 with 10 pars. I couldn't believe how well my driving and putting were.

Had a very fun round today with GregDan, GregDan's dad, and amsmith61. Par 71, and we played from 6400.

I went out in 34 and came back in 34. Was putting absolutely lights out for a majority of the round, and nearly had a career finish had it not been for the silly mistake made on 18.

Either way, it was an awesome day with great people.
Never stop smiling I say! Nice round buddy.

Tale of two nines today at WindRose north of Houston. shot a Personal best 2 under 34 on the front, hit 7 greens, made 2 birdies with 7 pars , then the flood gates opened from above and had to go take shelter for an hour before we got back out there and by then had lost my rhythm and couldn't get it back struggling with a 45 coming in, only hit 2 greens on the back but still a 79 and 5 put of 6 sub 80 rounds. really would have liked to see where it would have gone without the 2 inches of rain and the hour long delay, but stoked about that front 9.

42-45-87. My putting was mostly terrible with 5 three putts overall. Four of those on the back and three of those were in a row. No birdies for the third time in the last 4 rounds. My swing feels really good right now but I'm just not playing well. Too many mistakes, mostly mental. This game can really beat the crap out of you.

Played 36 yesterday. Shot a piss poor 78 in the morning. Just gave away strokes chipping and putting. Second 18 played kind of a cow pasture of a course with 3 buddies. We did 2 2 man scrambles. We ended up using probably in the neighborhood of 85% of my shots/putts and ended up shooting -4 under. We both tied in match play and stroke play. It was a good time and could definitely feel my body feeling like crap and reverting back to old habits after playing 36 and getting fatigued.

40/43 for 83 yesterday. Putted great on the front 9 and poorly on the back. Should have been sub-80. Back to back rounds with five 3-putts. Also had seven one putts in the same round.

The Crenshaw quote about being 6 inches from being a good golfer comes to mind. My head is getting in the way of some good scores.

Back at it today. Goal for day is less thinking, more playing.

Started with 6 birdies so 6 under after 6 but then hit a run of pars before picking up another couple, only one bogey so not a bad day.

(In the interests of full disclosure, this was part of a three ball comp, best net score recorded :D I actually played off the tee like this was my first ever game, just awful, lost maybe 7 or 8 balls off driver tee shots and nearly killed a dog 15 yds off the tee. Got away with it on a few holes tho so my score counted on 4 or 5 so please to be contributing. Think I might need to see a shrink about my driving tho.)

After getting back from the holiday weekend at 9 last night I somehow managed to get to the course for a 6am tee time this morning. Seemed like a good idea at the time lol.

It was a decent round. 43/41. Started pretty poorly, but hit five greens and made a birdie on the back. Started it double, bogey though. Oh well.

Fun round and good weather.

Even par thru 15, then a few bogeys. Still shot a PB 75. Could have been lower but I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go bc! Striping that 2.0 I bet.

Even par thru 15, then a few bogeys. Still shot a PB 75. Could have been lower but I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice round, dude. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back