Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Absolutely thrilled that my X2Hots from mikeg should be arriving at their destination today or tomorrow. Now I just have to get to the destination to pick them up!

One thing is that the cupped face really seems to launch the ball. Forgiveness is there & they are long. For me the biggest decision with these comes down to what head profile you like. The pro with the smaller head or the bigger regular head.

Very solid offering.

Picked up a 4h a couple days ago with some trade. Tonight was my first round with no practice ahead of time. First shot was a par 3, 190 to the middle. Pulled this baby and hit the green! Used it for 2 more tee shots and my typical fade was perfect. Launch was great and distance was just what I was looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My hybrids are waiting for me, mocking me, from just over the border in 'Merica.

Sadly the depot I need to snag them from is closed Saturday due to a funeral.... luckily I am down that way for a couple extra days, so I should hopefully have them in my hands on Monday.

For those who have played both, any significant differences other than shaft between the regular (and R shafted) XHots vs X2Hots? I have XHot 3H & 5H and they are the best clubs in my bag, so I am pondering a 4H now that they are discounted so deeply. But I wouldn't be adverse to moving to the X2, depending....I know the shafts in the XHots were generally dissed (I may be confusing the driver and 3W I think) but they work well for me.

I'm also playing an X2H driver with the blue shaft, so I sorta know what that feels like. I'm not a big hitter, 5H is 165-175, 3H is 190-200. But they really go, that's distances I can use and not achieve with irons. And I can shape the 5 both ways or straight, though its straightish/slight fade only for the 3.

Having the exact same XHot hybrids as you and having bought the X2Hot Pro, I can say that it took a bit of getting used to, especially the heavier (at least it feels like that) head. I like the X2Hot Pro now, but my XHots are still my go to club when I really need that straight shot. Dont know about the non-pro model though, I tried em on a launch monitor, but only with a reg shaft, and I hit that just as badly as I hit the Pro when I first got it haha. That being said, the only reason I bought the X2Hot Pro hybrid was to get a club that would give me more distance and lower flight than the XHot 3 hybrid. I wanted something that would give me around 225-230 metres from the fairway with relative ease, and my 16* X2H does just that. I also use it from the tee if the wind is in my face, just because of that lower flight. So it does exactly what I want it to do, and I am happy with it now that I got used to it, so I guess it depends on what you want from it. :) Hope that helps!

Picked up a 4h a couple days ago with some trade. Tonight was my first round with no practice ahead of time. First shot was a par 3, 190 to the middle. Pulled this baby and hit the green! Used it for 2 more tee shots and my typical fade was perfect. Launch was great and distance was just what I was looking for.

I picked one up when GG was doing that 50% trade bonus and 25% off 2014 clubs. Ended up getting it for pennies. I went with the 3h, and there really haven't been too many growing pains with it. When I miss with it, the ball gets really high and just goes nowhere. But I like pretty much everything I see out of it so far. Only downside to me is when I try to hit it out of that fluffy style of rough.

I think my 4 hybrid will be seeing a lot of action this weekend in OC. After a near 2 week layoff, it's one of the few clubs that I just continue to hit consistently well. I just can't get over how well these are working for me.

I tried the 3h but was not getting the height i was hopping for so traded it in on the 4h should be trying it out this weekend. I was looking for a nice 210-215 option

I picked one up when GG was doing that 50% trade bonus and 25% off 2014 clubs. Ended up getting it for pennies. I went with the 3h, and there really haven't been too many growing pains with it. When I miss with it, the ball gets really high and just goes nowhere. But I like pretty much everything I see out of it so far. Only downside to me is when I try to hit it out of that fluffy style of rough.
I took a few swipes on the range today with and without a tee. Performance off a tee is great for me. Off the deck is showing some promise.

Im lookin for two of these to replace my 3&4 iron. What lofts should I get because I dont know what lofta these come in

I'm on a mission the put the 5h in my bag. I found myself in a few situations this past week where the 4h was to long and my 5i was to short.

Had a really nice shot today with the X2 hot 4h. 190 out on a par 5. Faded on me a bit but I had a short chip onto the green.

x2 hot hybrid feels good, and the face feels so good when you hit it, and very forgiving, I'm looking to try a four hybrid now,

I've always been a Adams hybrid guy and there great and i still have some the x2 hot is as close or better than any hybrid i've used

If I can use one word to describe my time with my 4 hybrid, it would be reliable. Reliable distance, forgiveness, trajectory, performance, everything about it is fantastic. A pure pleasure to hit from almost anywhere.

Took my X2Hot Pro 16* and X2Hot 23* out last night.... just wow.

The sound of these is just intoxicating. Such a great sound! Great distance, and that is with me hitting everything just ridiculously high. Gotta get a swing issue straightened out, and I anticipate seeing great things!

Hit these on about 12 tees today. Just ridiculous the results I was getting. Grabbed my Titleist 4W on one hole instead of hybrid, instant regret, and it threw me for a loop.

Hit the 18° pro quite a few times today. Twice into the green on par 5 2nd shots. 225 into the wind resulted back fringe. 250 down wind reaulted pin high right fringe. Once off the tee on a tight par 4 and found the fw 250 yards. Just super solid

For those that swapped out the stock tour blue shaft, what differences have you seen with the new shaft?

If I can use one word to describe my time with my 4 hybrid, it would be reliable. Reliable distance, forgiveness, trajectory, performance, everything about it is fantastic. A pure pleasure to hit from almost anywhere.
Tyler how would you conpare it to the admas pro 20 (as far as set up and feel)

Tyler how would you conpare it to the admas pro 20 (as far as set up and feel)

I see a lot of similarities between them in looks, with the Pros looking incredibly similar (besides the slots for Adams). I'm not in tune enough to give a real gauge on feel between the two, but the sound of the X2Hot is superior IMO. I'm seeing better results from the X2Hot right now in terms of consistency and forgiveness, just can't get the Adams to go anywhere but right whereas the X2Hot is on the money all the time and even comes close distance wise even with a 2* difference.

I see a lot of similarities between them in looks, with the Pros looking incredibly similar (besides the slots for Adams). I'm not in tune enough to give a real gauge on feel between the two, but the sound of the X2Hot is superior IMO. I'm seeing better results from the X2Hot right now in terms of consistency and forgiveness, just can't get the Adams to go anywhere but right whereas the X2Hot is on the money all the time and even comes close distance wise even with a 2* difference.
Does the x2hot set up square?

To me, the regular sure does. It's been a while since I've played, but it's perfect addressing the ball.
Thank you :)

After reading so many positive reviews on the X2 Hot hybrids, I decided to demo the 3H. I rarely use a 3I (although it stays in the bag) and after demo-ing the 3H decided that it would be more versatile than my 3I. Also, the 3H (stock stiff shaft) was carrying longer, which would help with the gapping in the top of my setup.

I hit about 50 range balls with it (on mats), but I couldn't get into a good groove. I hit some great shots, but I expected more. My normal shape with my 3I is a fade, but with the 3H, I had some extreme hooks appear. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed at the range, especially when it appeared that this hybrid was the right club (in the simulator). I will remain positive and give it more work at the range.

I saw some one asked earlier about the 5hybo. Any thoughts? I am about to order a full set of these and can actually get the 5h a few bucks cheaper than the 5 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back