malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
I always seem to get a stiff neck within 30 minutes of playing a round of golf. Wondering if it's caused by something I am doing on the course?

Do you stretch before a round? Or do you had right out and just play. It could be a multitude of things, but a sorry warm-up, especially with the shoulders and neck, may help with that.

Do you stretch before a round? Or do you had right out and just play. It could be a multitude of things, but a sorry warm-up, especially with the shoulders and neck, may help with that.

I always stretch first and hit a bucket of range balls before heading onto the course. The only time I get a stiff neck is after playing golf.

You should put this in the swing tips section. If that's you in your avatar I can tell you why. You need to move your hips forward and through the shot more. One of the fundamentals held by all pro golfers is that they finish with 95% of their weight on their lead foot and 5% on the back.
When you move your hips through your head will follow and you wont be twisting your neck around to look at your shot as much.

Sounds like a move in your swing is putting to much pressure on neck

Back